Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Do you have the totals?? It's the right kinds of foods, but I can't sound off for sure without the totals as the limits are what matter the most.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I know how much of each i can use. I have all the basics that i eat everyday written down and i add it up at the end of the day. I'm getting 60/60/2000-2200

I worry that I'm eating to many carbs it's probably just this anxiety but i do eat 3-6 rice wafters everyday each with a tsp of hummus on top, heaps of vegetables like potatoe an leek soup, i count cals on potatoes etc, 2x bread, 1cup of rice, more high carb vegetables with dinner which i count cals on, i have dressing and pre made coffee sachets a few times a day which all have a few carbs in. My rice wafers an hummus alone can be 20 to 40 carbs alone for the day but they are so necessary they are a staple for me everyday because they are filling. So i have a high carb at each meal breakfast is rice wafers, lunch is bread and dinner is rice an high carb veg but I've realised i need these otherwise I get to hungry. What do you call to much daily carbs?
    Last edited by Kazzzz; June 4th, 2022 at 08:56 PM.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Also sorry one more thing is inulin sweetner ok on the alt? Its in my no added sugar ice-cream. It must be a fake sugar right not normal sugar since it says no added sugar on the tub?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If you are in the limits with protein, fat, and calories, and limiting sugar and white refined carbs, you cannot be getting too many carbs. I don't even want you to think about carbs on this diet because they will take care of themselves. Somewhere in this thread I wrote a mathematical example of why that is. We do not count carbs on this diet and I want you to just put that all out of your mind completely.

Yep as far as we know the inulin sweetener is fine.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Here is the explanation regarding the carbs again, from this thread (https://www.genderdreaming.com/forum...ht=gluten+free) :

What we are finding is that a good chunk of people with all boys seem to have higher than average blood sugar. They have some underlying tendencies towards PCOS without having it full blown. So for most people, they do the standard LE Diet with the high carbs and they eat white carbs and sugar and their blood sugar goes up for a short time and then drops low. But those with tendencies towards PCOS, eat white carbs and sugar and their blood sugar doesn't drop as fast, meaning that they end up with high blood sugar for longer in the day (and this can also raise testosterone, tho we are no longer quite so convinced testosterone is doing anything for swaying)

We are getting such good results with the alternate diet that nowadays owhenever someone has an opposite or I have any reason to think they may have PCO-tendencies, even slightly, I always have them go to the alternate diet. Even if you don't need that diet, even if you have a normal insulin response and you got a boy for some other reason that had nothing to do with the standard diet, it will still sway pink, and that way I ensure that I am not missing anyone who does have some underlying PCO-tendencies (without needing to go in for expensive testing where we are not entirely sure what markers we'd be looking for anyway)

As it is now, the alternate diet is getting better results regardless. I would honestly have everyone switch to it but too many people end up losing tons of weight on it, and many many others cannot stick to it. So we carry on with both diets but I am very proactive about switching people over to the alt. diet whenever it seems even vaguely justified.

Now, let me explain more about the "high carbs sway pink, but PCOSers should cut carbs" notion. A higher proportion of your daily calorie intake coming from carbs rather than protein and fat has been shown to sway pink in animal studies. But for a good number of people, going onto the LE Diet (even the standard form) is NOT "high carbs" per se, and many people are eating fewer carbs than they were previously. To illustrate, I'll make up some numbers for you:

Blue moms tend to be big eaters and regularly consume 2500 cals a day. Let's say they ate 80 g protein and 80 g fat every day when not dieting. This ends up to be 320 cals from protein (4 cals per gram), 720 cals from fat (9 cals per gram), and they'd get the remaining 1400 cals from carbs (4 cals per gram) which is 350 g carbs. This seems like a lot but is right in the range of what is recommended by dieticians as a healthy carb intake for 2500 cal diet.

So let's say that same person now drops to 1500 cals a day. On the standard LE Diet they'd eat 40-50 g protein, 30-60 g fat, and on the alt. diet they'd eat 50-60 g protein, 50-60 g fat. I'm gonna ballpark this as 50 g protein and fat to make this easier. So this means they'd be getting 200 cals a day from protein, 450 cals from fat, and 850 cals from carbs. This ends up being 225 grams of carbs, less than they were eating before! So even though they feel like they're eating more carbs because it's a higher proportion of their overall food intake but they are really eating fewer carbs than they were to start out with. You get the benefits of the higher carb intake as a proportion of your diet for pink, and then additionally are getting the "lower nutrient intake" at the same time. Best of both worlds. And on the alternate LE Diet, you're eating even FEWER carbs because the whole grains, fruit, and veg have fiber that negates some of the carbs you eat.

I cannot go around calling the LE Diet "low fat, low protein, low carb" because if I did people would be starving themselves. But for the vast majority of people, they do end up eating less of all three. Most of the remainder of people end up eating about the same amount of carbs, lower protein and fat. (The numbers above obviously slide around depending on what a person's normal food intake is, but the principle stays the same) I have these limits set so you guys are swaying pink while still staying healthy enough to keep ovulating, and get and stay pregnant, but in many cases swayers are eating lower carb than you were when not dieting by virtue of the calorie restriction.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok cool I'm sticking to limits but had 2 cheats this week which I'm trying to forget about because i feel bad about doing it. 1 day i had a tiny slice of chocolate cake with icing normally i would eat 2 large slices I've always not cared and ate what i want and when i want. The 2nd offence was with my sister's they had cookie's an cream ice-cream and pavlova so i had a tiny serving of each. I should be proud though because i restricted myself i could of easy had a bing feast with them we're all boy mums lol but all slim so we must have pcos tendencies. One sister has 2 boys and the other is pregnant with her first baby and its a boy. Then of course i have 3 boys.

Anyway I'm confused it says high carbs sway pink but on the alt we're trying to reduce them. Also is there a chance I'm eating to much high nutritional foods i literally eat vegetables for breakfast, lunch and dinner i fill up on them. Mostly carrots, potatoes, beans, mushrooms, broccoli, cauliflower, some bell peppers. I'll eat 1/2 a kg of mix Stir-fry vegetables for breakfast alone then vegetable soup for lunch an heaps of broccoli and cauliflower with dinner like half a plate full. Seems like a ton of high nutrients. I need it to fill up. I count cals of the starchy ones like potato an i don't eat much potatoes because of the high cals

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    There's nothing wrong with having sugar free drinks right? I was thinking some sugar free cranberry juice or sprite would be nice in my nightly alcoholic drink or two

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazzzz View Post
    There's nothing wrong with having sugar free drinks right? I was thinking some sugar free cranberry juice or sprite would be nice in my nightly alcoholic drink or two
    Sorry to sound like a broken record here, but I truly believe you ask me the same question over and over again because you are trying to alleviate your anxiety and not because you don't actually know the answer. I don't care about answering the questions, I care because this will undermine your sway hugely.

Yes, artificial sweeteners are allowed on the alternate diet in drinks or wherever. You can have artificial sweeteners between meals as long as they don't have a lot of other calories from other stuff in them. Diet Sprite is fine, check the label on the cran juice just to be sure it doesn't have a lot of other calories in it, but it's likely also ok.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Both of those things were fine. No worries, I hope you enjoyed them!

We see a strange number of all-sister families who have lots of boys. This is one of those things I'd study if I had the money and a team to assist with it. Is it PCO tendencies or some other thing, I honestly can't say but you certainly aren't alone in that boat.

Did you read the thing I posted above about the carbs?? When we say "higher carbs" we don't mean eating a massive ton of carbs (which would be lots of calories and all those foods would have a lot of nutrients, say if you were eating 4000 cals a day and 500 g carbs or whatever). We mean eating a higher PERCENTAGE of your day's food intake in carbs than from protein and fat. Look in that example I posted above: this means they'd be getting 200 cals a day from protein, 450 cals from fat, and 850 cals from carbs. Do you see how this person is eating more carbs than they are protein and fat, but: This ends up being 225 grams of carbs, less than they were eating before! So even though they feel like they're eating more carbs because it's a higher proportion of their overall food intake but they are really eating fewer carbs than they were to start out with. ...this person would still be eating far fewer carbs than they had been prior to restricting calories and eating a set amount of protein and fat!! PLUS on the alternate diet you're eating healthier carbs too that won't have as bad an effect on your blood sugar in terms of the PCOS-tendencies.

Again, while we started off thinking that the nutrients in fruit and veg may possibly sway, over time we saw that it wasn't the case and it was only protein, fat, calories, plus the very concentrated nutrients in fortified foods and multivitamins that we needed to keep an eye on. We have significantly better results with the alt diet where veryone is eating lots of fruit, veg, and whole grains than we do with the standard diet where people are not eating those nutrient dense foods.

I would not tell you these things if I thought they swayed in some other direction. Our good results are all in people I gave this exact same advice to.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I gave you a more thorough explanation on the first page of this thread:

Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    So above, you mention "high nutrient foods" like beans, nuts, fruit and veg, etc but the truth is you'd have to eat a mountain of most of those foods before you'd get up to the nutrition (because remember, beyond vitamins and minerals, calories, fat, and protein are also nutrients) in a Big Mac, fries, and a chocolate shake. You would probably explode before you could eat enough nuts (and nuts are among the most nutrient dense) to equal the amount of protein in a burger and fries...let alone something like broccoli, where you really would never get anywhere near as many calories unless you ate a whole truckload. Plus, it's about PORTIONS. People often come to me and say "I don't understand why I have all boys, I eat such terrible, low nutrient foods! Why, I often eat a whole package of Oreos at a sitting!" But a package of Oreos has a LOT of nutrition in it if you eat the whole thing! A reasonable meal even of "healthy" foods, say, lentil soup, pineapple, and a serving of yogurt would have by far and away less nutrients than a fast food meal. What we think of as "nutritious" or "healthy" foods doesn't mean that they have the absolute max of all nutrients vs. other foods, if that makes sense.

Everyone should be aware that just because the aforementioned foods are allowed, it doesn't mean that they're always equally good in terms of choices on the LE Diet. You absolutely could eat something like a Big Mac within the limits (I did this sometimes when I got my DD as we were traveling around and my husband was emphatically not supportive of swaying; he would have thought it was bizarre if I suddenly started ordering salads to eat while driving!) but the problem is on the PCOS-type diet you could NOT eat that daily because it has white buns, LOL. Secondly, at 540 calories, a Big Mac would be under your limits for the day, and then you'd be having to find 1000 cals, using only 30 g protein and fat for your other meals, which might be more difficult if you'd already burned half your fat and protein in one meal (since sometimes it can be hard to get enough calories without going overboard on fat and pro). And thirdly, in order to stick to the diet over the course of time, the more often you eat ONE big thing and then try to starve or suffer the rest of the day, that sets people up for failure, and a disruption in cycle. I do not want, and do not support, anyone eating only one meal a day on LE Diet. We have seen far too many people fall into terrible starvation diets, where they eat a huge chicken breast using up all their protein, then they eat cucumbers and iceberg lettuce to stay full, and gummy worms and marshmallows to try to get calories. That just isn't a safe, sane, balanced diet.

Some people do choose to skip over some of the old-school supposedly blue friendly foods.
    That's why I mention things like celery, oats, large amounts of fresh garlic, etc in the LE Diet even though I don't believe any of those things sway (except if you were to eat supplemental forms of them, in the case of garlic tablets or oat supplements like bodybuilders use) is because they are not necessary really and they lift right out of people's diets. No one NEEDS oats, really, so if people want to give them up, no biggie.
    But there is no reason to fear tomatoes, bananas, potatoes, and even avocado. They are fine and as we have continued to relax, more and more over time, on diet, sticking ONLY to limits, our results have gone up even though we eat more of those things than ever.

The difference between the higher limit of potassium on the mineral girl diets is roughly the same as the lower limit of potassium on the boy mineral diets. 2500 is the upper limit for pink, 3000 for blue (and some sources list 2500 for blue) This is about the amount
    of potassium in a small bowl of strawberries. Does it make ANY sense at all that the amount of potassium in a small bowl of strawberries is making anyone have a boy or a girl?? It just makes NO SENSE at all and since we've given up on all that stuff our results have gotten higher than ever. Bananas are junk, you don't need em, if you want to leave them out just because that's fine, but tomatoes and potatoes are super handy foods on LE Diet - pasta sauces, tinned tomato, salsa, plus baked potatoes and potato salad and other similar potato dishes, these things make it SO much easier to get the right amount of cals with the proper amount of pro and fat as well!!! My daughter, in addition to being partially comprised of Big Macs, LOL, I like to joke is about 30% potato. And avocados, while not necessary, are also good ways to get fat and calories, without much protein, and can be a handy thing to fall back on if needed.

Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast