Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Did I mess it all up??

Long story short, I had always O'd around CD12-14, with 28 day cycles. I used to temp, but since having the two boys, I haven't been (well, I started a week ago after I thought I had O'd). Anyways, I got a near positive OPK on the 29th, and then it went away...so I just assumed that I must have missed the surge overnight, and we BD'd every day. I had been REALLY strict on my diet, had lost 5 lbs, and was being really good about it. So, once I thought I O'd though, I really loosened up on the diet for a few days (well, maybe 4-5 days!!) and we indulged in pizza, fries, and I ate to my hunger (plus some chocolate cake and the likes!!), thinking that I didn't really care since the egg would have already been fertilized. I was still skipping breakfast though and keeping my blood sugar low.

Fastforward to yesterday morning.....I had still been using the OPK's as a "just in case", and yesterday morning I started noticing a fade-in pattern that I usually get (CD20!!). By last night, the OPK was a DEFINITE positive, no question. So, we BD'd yesterday and today.....but now I'm all worried that I screwed the whole thing up with my almost week long of cheat days!!! I mean, I still haven't been eating meat (we ate a lot of red meat, chicken, etc), and no fish, so I'm still eating vegetarian, but I can't help but be mad at myself and think I've just conceived another boy (I don't mean that to sound as horrid as it does! I think I've already resigned myself to only ever having boys, but I want to think that the girl dream can still be alive).

Ok, that is my long story. I guess there really isn't much I can do now? I am going to religiously skip breakfast this week to make sure I at least give it the benefit of low blood sugar, and I started back on the diet in full force yesterday. So I guess now I just wait
    October 2009 February 2011 November 2012 April 2014

Hoping for our !

Cycle 1 HRC Dec 2013: 13 eggs retrieved, 9 mature, 8 fertilized, 4 HB frozen
    Cycle 2 HRC Feb 2014: 19 eggs retrieved, 15 mature, 15 fertilized, 12 HB + 4 frozen tested
    4 XX / 4 XY
    March 18, 2013 - BFP; Saw heartbeat at 6 weeks & 7 weeks
    April 12, 2013 - 8 weeks, no longer a heartbeat & M/C due to large SCH.
    FET August 2014: 1 embryo thawed & arrested. 2nd (and last) embryo thawed & transferred. Faint BFP 5dp6dt; 9dp6dt beta <1 Chemical

Now what to do........

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    could you have OVed the first time and got pregnant.. and this is your BFP on the OPKs?
    did you have fertile CM either time?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My first thought to! You might have a BFP since an OPK will turn positive when pregnant.
    Loves of our lives:

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My thought too. Maybe take a HPT.. you might be preggers!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I took two HPT on the weekend with FMU and both were BFN - that had been my thought too, because I had been cramping for the past 5 days. Now I'm realizing that the cramping was more related to O upcoming. The OPKs are negative again today. So weird because I NEVER O on CD21! That is so late for me!! Although, that was also before kids, and this is only my second cycle since weaning, and since delivering the youngest, so maybe that is it. I thought my body sorted it all out quickly though, because I O'd precisely 14 days after weaning, so I figured it just got back into the swing of things quickly and easily. Guess I was wrong!

Hoping for our !

Cycle 2 HRC Feb 2014: 19 eggs retrieved, 15 mature, 15 fertilized, 12 HB + 4 frozen tested
    4 XX / 4 XY
    FET August 2014: 1 embryo thawed & arrested. 2nd (and last) embryo thawed & transferred. Faint BFP 5dp6dt; 9dp6dt beta <1 Chemical

Now what to do........

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well on a positive note, o'ing that late is wacky and unusual for your cycle could be a blessing. Crazy, unusual cycles mean that your hormones are changing and doing different things from when you conceived your boys. That is in your favor big time!
    2005; 2007; 2009; arrived 6/28/14!!
    5 failed IVF/PGD's 2010-2012
    Ectopic pregnancy 2013 that caused IC

Emergency cerclage at 18 wks & Suffered through months of strict bed rest to keep this little man baking. My water broke at 31w4d and He finally arrive June 28 at 32 weeks!
    He is so strong and perfect! Truly my little angel.

-God, Grant me the Serenity to Accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to Change the things I can and the Wisdom to know the Difference-

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by prayforprincess View Post
    Well on a positive note, o'ing that late is wacky and unusual for your cycle could be a blessing. Crazy, unusual cycles mean that your hormones are changing and doing different things from when you conceived your boys. That is in your favor big time!
    Thanks for the positive side - I hadn't thought of that I have been in such a dreary mood today thinking I lost my chance. Guess it is out of my hands now anyways!

Hoping for our !

4 XX / 4 XY

Now what to do........

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    also, late ovulation is shown to sway pink...
    http://humrep.oxfordjournals.org/con...3/611.full.pdf

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbowflower View Post
    also, late ovulation is shown to sway pink...
    http://humrep.oxfordjournals.org/con...3/611.full.pdf
    That makes me feel a little bit better b/c I o on cd17. But I have always o'ed on cd17-19 and I still have 3 boys.

I was reading that study and it was saying to sway girl to dtd o-1 and o day. Not before or after
    Last edited by prayforprincess; February 7th, 2012 at 09:56 AM.
    2005; 2007; 2009; arrived 6/28/14!!
    5 failed IVF/PGD's 2010-2012
    Ectopic pregnancy 2013 that caused IC

Emergency cerclage at 18 wks & Suffered through months of strict bed rest to keep this little man baking. My water broke at 31w4d and He finally arrive June 28 at 32 weeks!
    He is so strong and perfect! Truly my little angel.

-God, Grant me the Serenity to Accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to Change the things I can and the Wisdom to know the Difference-

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by prayforprincess View Post
    That makes me feel a little bit better b/c I o on cd17. But I have always o'ed on cd17-19 and I still have 3 boys.

I was reading that study and it was saying to sway girl to dtd o-1 and o day. Not before or after
    that's how I decided on my timing really... it felt right (although it was once late on O-2 and twice on O-1)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast