Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Do you still think probiotics sway blue? I usually take a 2 strain one that's 7 billion that really helps me. Some yoghurts contain more than that per serving, should you limit yoghurt too for pink?
    2013 2017 2018 2019 2020 2023

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yoghurt is fine for pink within limits of the diet, because while it's great for your upper digestive tract healthwise, the truth is not that much survives the stomach acid to get to your guts (and it's the gut bacteria that probably sways). Lots of people eat yogurt on LE Diet and have fine results. It's the probiotic pills that may sway blue and got poor results for us. What you can do, if you're benefiting from them, is reduce the dose to 3x a week instead of daily, or even just 1-2x a week. you're still getting some probiotics in your system, just fewer than before. That's a compromise that may work for you, though I don't have any data about it.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

3. Thanks Kiwimaz thanked for this post
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've emailed you at Gmail about coaching.
    I do have sm health issues for which I take certain things and I'm sure this has contributed to swaying blue for me and I don't want to undermine a pink sway hanging on to them. But zinc is tremendously helpful for me and b6, since giving up my b complex for swaying, I'm having terrible carpal tunnel. I've found relief from it with b6 in the past.
    I'm quite sure high zinc/low copper is blue friendly & high copper/low zinc pink. What would be the maximum of either of those you'd be ok with for pink, if any. I'm weaning from 45mg zinc to 30mg to alternate days atm. The zinc dose has bn done under medical guidance. I feel my last sway may have failed bcz I held on to too many supplements so I'm very wary of it but don't want to suffer unnecessarily either.

5. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Bumping for you, I want you to have plenty of input with this sway bcz I wanna do the best I can this time

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, I recall them saying something about the copper thing on InGender but I don't ever want anyone to be high in anything, since high doses of things can be harmful. Everyone just aim at being in balance, not high levels of anything.

I agree with your assessment re your health - that has to come first. If you need supplements of those things, that is fine, but I never recommend more than 100% DRV (except Vitamin D and folic acid/folate). For zinc that is 18 mg, for copper, it's 900 MICROgrams (not milligrams! less than 1 milligram) Now, it may be that you need more than that, but that's just all I feel comfy with over the Internet.

What I generally have people do if they're on higher doses for health, is to take their regular dose but just fewer days per week. Fine if you'd like instead to take smaller doses every day, I do the "spaced doses" more because I don't want people to have to go out looking for smaller doses so I just have them take it all fewer days per week. The important thing is, less than you were taking. Your body will "notice" that reduction in nutrients, and even if you don't ever get as low as another person was taking, it's what is happening in YOUR body, in your environment that matters!!!

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, to clarify for anyone else reading this, I am NOT suggesting taking copper supplements for pink. I'm talking in regard to your zinc to copper ratio. Some people appear to need more zinc than others and without enough, copper can naturally rise. From what I understand, vegetarians often have higher copper levels as their diet is built around foods high in copper, ie nuts, seeds, legumes, some fruits and vegetables. Meat eaters take in more zinc from their diet and with that may elevate their zinc to copper ratio.
    This would also be true of those taking supplements of zinc for whatever reason. As zinc goes up, copper can go down.
    On LE & HE this probably happens naturally without any interference with supplements, plus if you're taking a multivitamin for blue, there may be extra zinc there without much added copper.
    If you have heard of pyroluria, if untreated with zinc, is said to increase girls born.
    Also I have heard birth control pills and stress can lower zinc/raise copper.
    I dont feel well when my copper gets too high, it can cause depression, anxiety and bad PMS for some, so I take zinc to help that. Copper can increase conversion of dopamine to norepinephrine.
    For swaying though, I will be trying to let that go for the few months on diet and is one reason why I'm choosing to sway over summer as my baseline mood is better overall and exercise more consistent!

9. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you for clarifying - you would not believe the number of times someone will come to me doing something based on a statement they read in someone's post that they misunderstood, or didn't know the full story.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12