Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Falling pg with Rephresh, Sylk, FR and J&D.... can it be done? tips needed!

Hello again lovely ladies! Yes its me again with yet another question! lol

OK so late last year when I was on IG diet I tried a 1 shot BD attempt with 1.5-2 day cutoff. Suprise, Suprise I did not fall pg with this and in hindsight regret this approach because in all honesty I was not giving myself much of a chance! I had seen other successful swayers do this and thought hey, that looks good.... I am obviously not as lucky/ fertile as some!

Now I have switched to AG diet and last month BD'ed through O to increase my chances of falling pg. DH did FR- released twice a day and then around O time- release in am and BD in pm. We ended up with frequent BD (5 days) as I O'ed later than I thought I would. Kept pH low with Rephresh and used a small amount of Sylk to BD as I naturally do not have much EWCM and need a little help in the lubrication department. I also did J&D after say 10mins?

So... another month and another BFN So tell me ladies, what should I do to increase my chances? Use only small amounts of rephresh as a lube and maybe no sylk? No J&D? Is DH's FR too frequent? I do know that advise to those trying for a baby (without swaying) would be to BD every other day as too frequent lowers sperm count..... hmm

It is just a bit confusing right now! Is there a list of things I should 'drop' in any particular order to increase my chances of falling pg, but still improve my sway?

Hardest thing is trying to be strong with the diet.... the longer it is the harder it gets, which I'm sure a lot of others understand. Any advice is appreciated xx

Oh for the record I am just turend 35, DH is just turned 36.
    2012 is going to be a GREAT year

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey starflower. How much rephresh have you been using? I know a lot of people end up dropping that and then get a BFP. I will be 35 in a month, and I am certain my fertility is not as good as it was when I conceived my boys. In Jan I BD the day before O and the day of O and still got a BFN. No rephresh, J&D or anything! Even if everything should be perfect, we only have a 33% chance of getting pg each month.

So I would have thought diet would be the last sway factor to drop. At least the AG one gives you plenty of options. I do that one too. The other things seem to be a bit of trial and error to see what works for you. DH and I now focus on healthy sperm rather than decreasing his sperm count. You just need to do a sway that you can live with and not have any regrets, as it is always going to be possible to have an opposite, no matter what we try. GL. I am sure it will all work out well soon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I did compressed FR with a full tube of RepHresh and J&D after 10 mins and got a BFP. We DTD 3 times within 24hrs after the first pos OPK and that was it

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Rainbowflower! Do you mind me asking did you fall pg quickly with your previous child/ren?

Peony, good to see you here... how are things? I used a full applicator of Rephresh every 3 days, although one time I used it only 2 days from the previous applicator as I have a massive ph spike from either the BD'ing or maybe the Sylk? Who knows.... either way I will definitely be cutting way back on it and using as little as possible this time around. It is soo hard to stick to the diet, I have had some big cheats of late.... I was very sick with food poisoning and then just had to try to keep down what I could for a few days. At least it helped with weight loss I suppose! When you say healthy sperm rather than decreasing his count, what do you mean? No FR? Moderate release? any advice would be good!

It's hard as some people seem to have no problems falling pg with using all of this stuff and some of us struggle

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by starflower View Post
    Thanks Rainbowflower! Do you mind me asking did you fall pg quickly with your previous child/ren?

Peony, good to see you here... how are things? I used a full applicator of Rephresh every 3 days, although one time I used it only 2 days from the previous applicator as I have a massive ph spike from either the BD'ing or maybe the Sylk? Who knows.... either way I will definitely be cutting way back on it and using as little as possible this time around. It is soo hard to stick to the diet, I have had some big cheats of late.... I was very sick with food poisoning and then just had to try to keep down what I could for a few days. At least it helped with weight loss I suppose! When you say healthy sperm rather than decreasing his count, what do you mean? No FR? Moderate release? any advice would be good!

It's hard as some people seem to have no problems falling pg with using all of this stuff and some of us struggle
    first pregnancy I fell 2nd cycle
    then I had a MC... and the first cycle I continued to spot the entire cycle so don't think I was fertile then, conceived 2nd cycle after that
    this time I had 1 cycle TTC where AF arrived at 6dpo so wasn't fertile, and conceived in the 3rd cycle (so 2nd fertile cycle) again doing the above

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for sharing that. Just gives me a bit of an idea of how many cycles it take for people... appreciate it

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    hi starflower, i also did the IG girl diet very strictly. We did a 4 day cut off and also tried the O+12. through the diet and loads and loads of cranberry juice (100% concentrate not the sweetened) and heaps of crystal light ( us brand which i found on ebay) I managed to get my ph down to 4.5-4.8 most of the time, so i didnt end up using the replens or rephresh. i did use sylk once which is supposed to sway girl. I would stick to the diet and supplements as much as possible and maybe dont worry as much about the creams etc. the girls at IG always mentioned that diet came first before any other sway factor. if you have any other questions id be happy to answer them. unfortunately my sway didnt work and we have our 3rd boy on the way (which i know ill love to bits!) my dh and i are have decided to go for a forth baby next year. look forward to chatting with you good luck with it all, I know hard hard it really all is

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No FR or abstain for us. We tried a lot of things last year and it just didn't work for us. It got to the point of feeling like we had tried our best to do all the girl sway recommended things and now we have to try what gets me pg or I won't have any chance at a girl! So nowadays he actually releases every other day leading up to our attempts. Regular BD from +OPK, but at most he would manage twice a day, more often once. Releasing every other day maximises sperm count from what I've read, so is not recommended for a girl sway. It is just what we have chosen to do as the other things didn't work for us. Such an individual thing, I am not trying to tell you that is what you should be doing!
    I hope you are feeling better. Food poisoning is just horrible.

Rainbow, hope you and your blueberry are going well. I love blueberries!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    J and D after 10 minutes is not J and D and shouldn't cut down your odds of pg much at all.

I would be inclined to first dial it down a notch on the frequent release (maybe have him release 2x a day and then once you start trying, drop one release and do the other inside) and ~maybe~ drop the Sylk. Sometimes people dont' get pg and then they drop EVERYTHING - that's not good either. You're looking for a happy medium.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ