Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Advice and Suggestions please about my sway attempt - need to make some changes

Hi All,

Looking to make some changes to my sway attempt this cycle, and wanted your advice and suggestions.

Firstly the diet, Im following LE (plus some aspects of FGD and IG in terms of foods i have cut out).
    As i know diet is the key factor I dont want to make too many changes, but feel i need to.
    I was already quiet skinny to begin with (160cm 48KG) and have been on the diet about 8-9weeks now in total. I dropped to about 46kg, and stayed there for a bit, but have started dropping again, im now on 45kg, i really concerned that if i lose anymore weight im going to be in very unhealthy territory and wont even ovulate??? What should i do, just suck it up and keep on the diet for another cycle?
    Or try and increase my intake? If the answer is increase my intake, then what should i increase? Historically I have had issues with my weight (keeping it on) and for some reason proteins and fats dont do a great deal for me to keep up my weight, its mainly carbs that help me keep weight on, so should i increase those? Or will increased carbs kill the sway? I suppose what i am trying to say what is is that i can increase that will help me stop losing weight, but will have the east effect on my sway?!?!? (and specifically, more carbs such as pasta? empty calories like lollies?)

Secondly, DTD. Last month we had 2 attempts, one when i got my fade in OPK (so a 2day cut off) and one attempt 2 days after +OPK (so a o+12) DH was doing FR, and released once daily for 10 days prior.

Im thinking of adding in some more attempts to increase chances of conception...but again i dont want to damage the sway, whats everyone thoughts??

if i add more attempts then when and how? Do i add a couple more PRE fade in on OKP, ie, DTD on 4,3 and 2 days prior to Ovulation? And then again 2days after my +OPK?
    If yes, should DH release on those days (ie in the morning and DTD that night)
    Or would you suggest something different for extra attempts??

I was going to continue with Represh and Sylk and supps as per last month (cranberry, calc/mag, vitex, folate, peppermint tea, LR for DH)

Please share your thought and advice and suggestions....
    Mummy to DS10 who is the light of our world
    Swayed took us 8 cycle's and I'm finally

Please be a sticky little bean, we have wished and hoped for you for so long xo

Our family welcomed a in May 2013 and thats ok, we're head over heels in love with him and feel blessed to be honoured with 2 sons

January 2014 - A little surprise that went to heaven before we could meet

October 2014 - Officially swaying for one last little bundle and wishing and hoping its a pink one

April 2015 - All our dreams have miraculously come true, our sway worked and our family will be complete with the little girl joining us in October this year

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I was in the same position - not much weight to lose to start with and then found it came off very easily

we only had one TTC cycle, then I decided to stop for a cycle to regain weight and only managed to gain a few lbs back... but found upon restarting the diet that weight just fell back off me. If you do stop to regain weight, do it for more than 1 cycle!
    you could also try slowing your weight loss.. potentially even regaining a lb or two during the 2ww so that you can lose it again before OV the next time. It's not ideal, but it's better than stopping the diet altogether while you TTC
    if you have to slow the weight loss, eat more calories and tweak your intake so you don't regain too much/lose too much. I wouldn't worry about carbs provided you're not snacking. It's a bit of trial and error to get the values right, they're different for every person.

I don't believe timing sways at all. Many women conceive girls when DTD on OV day. When you don't have weight to spare you really need to get a BFP ASAP. This might mean DTD right at pos OPK if you still want a small (1-2 day) cut off... maybe even twice on that day to get some more swimmers in there to up your chances of a conception.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    1)How many calories are you eating?? If you're not even eating 1800 cals, remember, the diet guidelines are 1500-1800 cals. If you ARE eating 1800, try bumping up to 1800-2000 cals.
    2)Carbs are better for the pink sway diet anyway and I agree they help keep weight on much better than protein/fat. Eat whatever you like that helps you keep the weight on...it's best to stay within the 40-50 g protein, so I would be careful with pasta which has a lot of protein in it and go more for empty calories. One of the easiest ways is adding in full sugar pops instead of diet pop - or you could additionally have some full sugar pop.
    3)I would have much rather you guys done more attempts to begin with but I know you wanted to at least TRY timing. You have several options...personally I would like to see you have attempts on O-2, O-1 (2), O, and day after O for total of 5 attempts. I surmise by what you've written you're still wanting to avoid O day? In I would not even BOTHER with attemps at O-4 and O-3 unless they are just for fun - you can get pg that way if you're not swaying, but with swaying your vaginal environment becomes too hostile and sperm can't survive. I do strongly urge attempting on the day of the pos OPK O-1 because that is one of the best days for conception, much better than O day.
    4)If you've done FR for 7-10 days before your first attempt, then Dh does not have to release in the monring and DTD at night. That's only for compressed FR or if you miss a day on regular FR.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you

I agree Rainbow - the diet is crucial and there is no way i want to skip it, just didnt want to tip the balance and end up unable to TTC because of it.

I am SUPER strict on the on no snacking and the skipping breakfast, am 100% vegetarian, so thats got to count in my favour right?

AS - I dont know the exact calorie count, i was counting my total intakes of cals, protiens, carbs, fats, potassium, sodium etc but it was stressing me out far too much, i was obsessing over it, and the stress level were through the roof so decided to stop counting precisely and just keep my intake of everything to the minimum and be extra cautious about what i eat and how. Based on rough numbers i am at 1800-2000 daily and low on fats and protien.

I'll do as you recommend and increase my empty calories - what are the best sources for this? Pop, lollies....what else is going to increase my cals but be nutrient, fat and protein devoid ?

That attempt schedule sounds perfect will work on that this month, so to summarise (and make sure i have this right, please bear with me, admittedly i get confused between +opk days and ov day)
    we will DTD
    o -2 (fade in on opk?) one BD
    o -1 AM and PM, so 2 BD's
    o (+opk) one BD
    o + 1 one BD

Will get DH to start daily release for 10 days leading up to o-2, then the rest of the releases will be actual DTD right?

Thanks for your patience with me
    Mummy to DS10 who is the light of our world
    Swayed took us 8 cycle's and I'm finally

Please be a sticky little bean, we have wished and hoped for you for so long xo

Our family welcomed a in May 2013 and thats ok, we're head over heels in love with him and feel blessed to be honoured with 2 sons

January 2014 - A little surprise that went to heaven before we could meet

October 2014 - Officially swaying for one last little bundle and wishing and hoping its a pink one

April 2015 - All our dreams have miraculously come true, our sway worked and our family will be complete with the little girl joining us in October this year

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    even if you don't do a full swaying diet, being vegetarian already increases your chance of a girl! if you have to snack in order to eat more, the best time to do it is between meals or to have a small supper as well

this topic in the dream member section has some ideas of things you can eat to increase cals/fat, etc: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ttc-...disasters.html

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    There's also this thread Lassie - lots of snack ideas in here! http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ttc-...ompleters.html

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If you are really at 1800-2000 cals then I can put your mind at ease, unless you're super tall or exercising a lot, you WILL plateau. You just can't keep losing massive amounts of weight at that caloric intake, at some point you will have lost enough muscle to reset your metabolism and the weight loss will stop.

You'll get a pos OPK on the day BEFORE O, not O day. So using your schedule you would either need to move it back a day (start TTC 3 DBO thru either O day or day after O) or up a day (start TTC 2 DBO and taking into account that the day of pos OPK is actually the day BEFORE o.)