Coccinelle33

What is the deal with Metformin producing so many girls?

Im really not sure what it's used for for ttc but almost ALL of the girls who were taking it while ttc have had girls. It's crazy. Why is this do you think?

Edited by atomic to add: IF YOU DO NOT NEED METFORMIN FOR BLOOD SUGAR ISSUES DO NOT TAKE IT FOR SWAYING. YOU CAN DIE. ANYONE READING THIS WHO HAS ANY IDEAS ABOUT GETTING METFORMIN FROM A FRIEND OR ONLINE FOR SWAYING, YOU SERIOUSLY, SERIOUSLY CAN SLIP INTO A COMA AND DIE FROM TAKING THIS DRUG WHEN YOU DO NOT NEED IT.
    Last edited by atomic sagebrush; March 13th, 2012 at 12:47 PM.

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Im sure someone who really knows about it will chime in here, as I would like to know more as well.

From my research, I believe it is a drug frequently given to diabetics to help keep their blood sugar low. Also, it is prescribed to ladies with PCOS because it helps them conceive. I think it sways pink because it lowers blood sugar, which is proven to favor girl conceptions.
    Mom to 3 wonderful boys waiting for our

Coccinelle33
    Thats very interesting. Anyone have an idea as to why it would help someone with pcos?

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It helps when you have insulin resistance issues. You can be tested for insulin resistance and most people with PCOS use it. It helps egg quality. Many of the HT women use it either after a very poor egg quality cycle OR if they have policystic looking ovaries or test with very high ovarian reserve.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    IF YOU DO NOT NEED METFORMIN FOR BLOOD SUGAR ISSUES DO NOT TAKE IT FOR SWAYING. YOU CAN DIE.

Metformin sways pink by two mechanisms. First of all it lowers blood sugar levels and that seems to both lead to more girls conceived to begin with, and also may make it harder for XY eggs to develop and implant in the uterus. Secondly, in people with PCOS, they have a situation where their blood sugar stays high for a long time after eating (because they are insulin resistant and their body cannot "hear" the insulin they make and so the insulin can't do its job), and this makes their body produce extra testosterone, so in people with PCOS it additionally sways by keeping testosterone levels lower.

IF YOU DO NOT NEED METFORMIN FOR BLOOD SUGAR ISSUES DO NOT TAKE IT FOR SWAYING. YOU CAN DIE.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Coccinelle33
    is there a way to mimic what the metformin does naturally without taking it?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, the LE Diet.

For those with PCOS or insulin resistance, eating 1/2 tsp. of cinnamon a day (but that is NOT a suggestion for all swayers because anyone with low blood sugar to start with or whose blood sugar drops quite low on LE Diet, cinnamon may be dangerous for them. You don't want to faint from low blood sugar while driving, fall and hit your head, etc. Cinnamon is quite new as a supplement and it is not yet known how effective it can be in someone with normal insulin response, it's been studied mostly in people who are insulin resistant to begin with.

MommyDuke, I DO NOT think you need cinnamon and should just stick with the normal dietary tips.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    D-Chiro Inositol is frequently used by women with PCOS who can't tolerate the metformin, but I have never seen it used by women who do not have PCOS. It is used to help insulin resistance and to lower testosterone. Both of those things go hand in hand. DCI is not nearly as potent as metformin, but is used for the same thing metformin is used for. I think have an allergy to DCI unfortunately, so I did not continue taking it.

Cinnamon and chromium are used to help keep blood sugar levels stable.

Here is what I have learned about metformin. Do not take it if you do not have PCOS and/or insulin resistance and/or diabetes. If you take the wrong dosage or take it if you don't need it, there are two major risks: lowering your blood sugar too much or lactic acidosis which can be a fatal condition. LA is pretty rare, but can happen, and what makes it fatal is that it mimics a lot of other conditions that are not fatal and is often diagnosed too late for life saving intervention.

I don't know anyone else besides me on metformin right now (in my RL, not online life) and the one lady I knew who used metformin had a boy.
    03 08

03-06-12

Diagnosed with PCOS in 2009