Thread: Blood sugar

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Blood sugar

Wouldnt your blood sugar be lower in the morning since you haven't eaten anything all night?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, that's why we skip breakfast - to extend that period out as much as is possible.
    Supermom to DS1 (1996) & DS2 (2009) & DS3 (2013) & my HT beauty DD4 (2015)
    -=-=-
    • Failed sway attempt in 2012... read my girl sway
    • HT cycle #1 HRC June 2014: 13 eggs, 12 mature, 12 fertilized, 9 biopsied, 5 normals (3XX/2XY) - transferred 1XX HEB AB... 4dp6dt BFP!!! HB 125bpm seen 6w3d
    • FET cycle #1 HRC Dec 2016: PUPO with DD5!! BFP POAS 4dp6dt!!! 1XX HB AA <3 <3 <3

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So wouldn't a attempt in the morning be better. Sorry should have added the second part of my question.
    Kaine 8/6/08 & Jett 1/7/10
    Due August 5, 2013
    Hoping and praying everyday for our sweet Girl

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh wait I think it just clicked. You want to make a attempt at night bc then the sperm are in a low blood sugar enviroment for a longer period of time. If you do a attempt in the morning then your blood sugar will rise when you do eat at lunch. I think this is right.
    Kaine 8/6/08 & Jett 1/7/10
    Due August 5, 2013
    Hoping and praying everyday for our sweet Girl

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    unless you BD right at OV, I don't think it would make a difference - the sperm carries on waiting up in the fallopian tubes until the egg pops out, so the "environment" will likely be changing to higher/lower glucose throughout the day anyway. (assuming the environment adjusts that fast - I don't know that anyone has tested how quickly it reacts when you eat)

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree with rainbowflower, its not an instantaneous thing that when you bd, poof, the sperm meets egg. The glucose levels will ebb and flow so I wouldn't worry about when you are eating. You could while dtd and then 12 hours later the sperm and egg meet!
    '08 '09 '12 It's twins!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrshill View Post
    So wouldn't a attempt in the morning be better. Sorry should have added the second part of my question.
    It makes no difference really. It's your overall diet that counts, not what your blood sugar is at any one point of the day. In fact, it's blood sugar AFTER conception that seems to matter most anyway (because XX develop better in lower glucose environmnent.)

Otherwise blue swayers would just BD in the morning to get a boy and we all know that doesn't cut the mustard!!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrshill View Post
    Oh wait I think it just clicked. You want to make a attempt at night bc then the sperm are in a low blood sugar enviroment for a longer period of time. If you do a attempt in the morning then your blood sugar will rise when you do eat at lunch. I think this is right.
    You're overthinking it - it's that having lower blood sugar sends some message to your body that a girl pg has a better shot of survival (before conception) and then after conception, XX fertilized eggs develop better in a lower glucose environment.

Sperm have nothing to do with blood sugar levels (that we know of) and in fact you can get pg from sperm that hangs out in the VJ for several days prior to O and sugar levels in CM go up and down all the time, it's that the fertilized egg itself prefers the lower glucose environment and there may be some function of the egg itself that becomes more receptive to X or Y sperm if it "knows" times are hard and there is less food available.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ