Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: VITEX Time!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Wishing4Princess View Post
    Butterfly, im ok..just waiting around for ovulation. Im on CD 13 today..usually ovulate on CD 13..no + opk yet. dont mind tho..im taking 800mg vitex and 100mg B6 to delay it further if possible?
    Sounds good! I think you'll be fine!
    Age 7 5 MC May 2012 BFP June 2012 My ~*Princess*~ is now 3 yrs old! MC May 2015 Chemical June 2015
    DS#3 Arrived in April
    I love my Rainbow Baby with all my , She took a year to conceive! Thank you GD!

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    yup..just one thing I am not sure about..if this cycle I ovulate later, then next cycle I should expect AF to arrive later too, right? I mean if I suddenly stop taking vitex and b6 at ovulation wouldn't af come sooner next cycle, ? atleast that's what I experienced. if my B6 is low, then I will get my period a week early the next cycle. so that just dismisses the point of taking vitex and B6 this cycle to push everything back..make sense?
    Last edited by Wishing4Princess; May 8th, 2012 at 02:17 PM.
    2008 2010
    praying and swaying for a

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    With my 5 week MC I had no problem with it going back down. I think you will be fine!!!!!!
    (8) (6) (2) (1)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    yup..just one thing I am not sure about..if this cycle I ovulate later, then next cycle I should expect AF to arrive later too, right? I mean if I suddenly stop taking vitex and b6 at ovulation wouldn't af come sooner next cycle, ? atleast that's what I experienced. if my B6 is low, then I will get my period a week early the next cycle. so that just dismisses the point of taking vitex and B6 this cycle to push everything back..make sense?
    I think you'd better pm Atomic, I don't want to give you the wrong advice.
    Age 7 5 MC May 2012 BFP June 2012 My ~*Princess*~ is now 3 yrs old! MC May 2015 Chemical June 2015
    DS#3 Arrived in April
    I love my Rainbow Baby with all my , She took a year to conceive! Thank you GD!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    vitex is fine to stop at ovulation because at ovulation, your corpus lutem takes over and begins to make progesterone that will completely make up for any lack due to stoppihng vitex.

DO NOT STOP B6 SUDDENLY AT OVULATION OR EVER. If you take B6, continue taking it until you know you're pg and then you can either continue it thruout the first trimester (this is what I did and what I advise) and then wean off, or very gradually wean yourself off after BFP (this feels risky to me.) NEVER stop any vitamin/mineral supplements cold turkey, esp. when you may be pregnant.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Everyone, please just know that I believe with every fiber of my being that it is fine and safe to stop Vitex at ovulation (in a normal pregnancy, your corpus luteum will start churning out way more progesterone than Vitex can provide). I've seen hundreds of women conceive safely this way and I feel much more safe and positive about that than stopping vitex later on in pg (the pg basically "gets used to" the vitex and compensates for it, whereas by stopping at O, the pg runs its course in your body as it's meant to). If the pg was not progressing normally to begin with, the corpus luteum was not providing prog. to make up for stopping the vitex - but that was because the pg/CL were at issue, not because of stopping the vitex. I do not recommend anyone continuing vitex past ovulation, esp. if they may be pg.

There may be others out there online who advise something different of course, and peopel can decide to do anything they like and feel will help them, but that's just what the data seems to indicate to me.
    Last edited by atomic sagebrush; May 9th, 2012 at 02:41 PM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Pg tests can stay positive for a long time after a loss unfortunately. I hope it lightens up soon.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    vitex is fine to stop at ovulation because at ovulation, your corpus lutem takes over and begins to make progesterone that will completely make up for any lack due to stoppihng vitex.

DO NOT STOP B6 SUDDENLY AT OVULATION OR EVER. If you take B6, continue taking it until you know you're pg and then you can either continue it thruout the first trimester (this is what I did and what I advise) and then wean off, or very gradually wean yourself off after BFP (this feels risky to me.) NEVER stop any vitamin/mineral supplements cold turkey, esp. when you may be pregnant.
    Sadly I never knew about weaning off b6 on my last pregnancy and lost my baby early on. I suddenly stopped. At 5 weeks and baby stopped growing at 7 weeks and I didn't know until 13 weeks. So please! Please! Listen to atomic and do NOT suddenly stop taking B6. I know that it may not have contributed at all to my loss but I was taking b6 swaying lightly for a few months and then suddenly stopped.

(99) (04) (08) 4 x looking over us all.

Swayed but blessed with another

' There is only room for one Princess in this house'

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718