Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: VITEX Time!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Magnesium can help with headaches because it relaxes your veins and arteries and that is one of the main causes of headaches. Both tension and migraine headaches are caused by your veins and arteries tightening up (they think). I don't think it had anything to do with the vitex working or not working (the vitex may have given you a headache but the magnesium doesn't interfere with that.)

I'm sorry again about the twin Atomic, that's so sad!

Thanks for sharing your experience, and yes I must be SUPER sensitive to it..yesterday I had such a bad headache I didn't take that third evening pill and today I decided not to take it and I have a lingering headache even a lot of EWCM tinged with white .. which is crazy because I'm only on day 11 of my cycle! I will try it again but I have a medical procedure tmw and I can't have any motrin so I have to wait to Fri to try Vitex again.
    Age 7 5 MC May 2012 BFP June 2012 My ~*Princess*~ is now 3 yrs old! MC May 2015 Chemical June 2015
    DS#3 Arrived in April
    I love my Rainbow Baby with all my , She took a year to conceive! Thank you GD!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    maybe take it once a day before bed instead, so you sleep during the side effects?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That's a good idea rainbow, and that way Butterfly, if there is anything to be gained from getting used to it you may be able to sneak into it.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I really like Vitex as a herb (I haven't fallen pregnant yet so can't give gender input.....) I have very heavy periods and a short Luteal Phase and it has improved both of these. My Luteal phase is up from 10 to 12 days and this month my period was really quite light. I take 2 pills a day (one morning and one evening) AF-O and haven't had any adverse effects so far.

I would definately start on one pill a day as 400mg may be enough for you. You can always try adding another pill in a while if you tolerate one ok?

Good luck!
    - January 2008, - March 2010 - my royal baby July 2013

Hoping for a at some point, still weighing up HT or swaying.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well ladies I had a very stressful day and my medical procedure was cancelled. I popped 2 vitex this morn with All my supps.. the Calcium, Mag, B-50 complex, and I didn't get a headache, a lingering one but never started up like the other day. I am in shock! Maybe that is the key! So I'm going to do that from now on.. Maybe I won't take that nightly Vitex pill and just do the 800 mg in the am. YAY! *Crosses fingers* I really want to take this supplement!!!!!!
    Age 7 5 MC May 2012 BFP June 2012 My ~*Princess*~ is now 3 yrs old! MC May 2015 Chemical June 2015
    DS#3 Arrived in April

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    great news!! it's strange how time of day can affect things sometimes! I remember a lot of people saying their morning sickness was worse if they took certain tablets in the morning instead of the evenings

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    This is my second cycle taking vitex. I take one 400mg in the morning and 400 again at night from AF to O. I haven't had any side effects, and my cycle did not change at all. The only change I have had is that for the first time in a LOOONG time, I do not have a single breakout. I wish I had started taking it a long time ago!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbowflower View Post
    great news!! it's strange how time of day can affect things sometimes! I remember a lot of people saying their morning sickness was worse if they took certain tablets in the morning instead of the evenings
    Yes mam, I read on the internet that it absorbs the best in the am, so I was all over that. So day 2 of no headache..YAY!!! I take the 800 mg right along with my other supps. My hubby was shocked when I told him that magnesium takes away headaches. He hasn't taken his supps in several days.. so he popped his today. He has no idea that I'm taking Vitex.. or what it does.. Oh he teeter totters so bad.. but I'm afraid this is the final decision.. SO I had to up my arsenal. Wish me luck.. I'm on my own!
    Last edited by Butterfly Spirit; April 5th, 2012 at 01:16 AM.
    DS#3 Arrived in April

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by allison View Post
    This is my second cycle taking vitex. I take one 400mg in the morning and 400 again at night from AF to O. I haven't had any side effects, and my cycle did not change at all. The only change I have had is that for the first time in a LOOONG time, I do not have a single breakout. I wish I had started taking it a long time ago!
    Really Allison, how wonderful! I am so glad to hear that it helps your complexion! I have heard that it can stop or make BAD breakouts. Lucky girl!!!
    DS#3 Arrived in April

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Be aware tho that mag can also give ya major diarrhea when you take it unexpectedly - may not be a good trade LOL.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast