Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: VITEX Time!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Luck VITEX Time!

Hi ladies, well after careful consideration I have decided to take Vitex! I am a bit nervous about side effects. (I hope there won't be any headaches or acne.)

Feel free to comfort me with your experience! ha ha ha

I am currently on CD 7

I have a SUPER nurser.. prob feeding 8 times a day.

So, how much do I take? I'm going to be taking the Nature's Way 400 mg capsules.

Should I take it with my other supps
    (cal, mag, b-50 complex, folic) or.. without.

Morning or night.. does it matter?

Do you take it with or without food?

Do I take 2 400 mg capsules at the same time, or twice a day.. morning and night.

The main reason I am taking it is.. I have my period every month on the 22nd day.. but when ovulation comes around I have a +opk 4-5 days in a row! In February it was 8 days of +opk! (ya, no kidding!) So I'm not sure I'm even ovulating. So I hope this will help. I am positive it will since it has helped you ladies!!! Also it seems my first positive opk doesn't happen until like CD 23.

Thank you ladies!

So hoping for a Vitex *PINK* ~*Princess*~

~Butterfly
    Last edited by Butterfly Spirit; March 30th, 2012 at 12:30 AM.
    Age 7 5 MC May 2012 BFP June 2012 My ~*Princess*~ is now 3 yrs old! MC May 2015 Chemical June 2015
    DS#3 Arrived in April
    I love my Rainbow Baby with all my , She took a year to conceive! Thank you GD!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Not much help here, I just took it after reading an article about how not having periods does a lot of harm to your body, freaked a bit and took 1 pill 2x day morning and night, not at specific times just around breakfast and before bed. Only took it 10 days and I hadn't had a period in 1 year, never breastfed, and it did give me one. not one since and i never remember to take the pills and freakout is over lol. I wouldn't take more than recommended, I have Nature's Way I believe and it said 2x day 1 pills morning and night may take 8 weeks to work I believe. I don't OPK so I'm not sure if I O'ed or not, but first cycle in a year it did something.
    Nov 09 Jan 11
    Hoping to add some pink to this house soon!

Coccinelle33
    when i had my second son i started taking vitex and it really helped. i was taking 3 - 400 mg. had a girl.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for sharing ladies! I popped 2 400 mg with 2 cups milk this morning. I'm thinking two in the morning.. and one at night.. haven't decided on the night one yet. I Feel TIRED now tho haha did it make anyone feel tired?
    Age 7 5 MC May 2012 BFP June 2012 My ~*Princess*~ is now 3 yrs old! MC May 2015 Chemical June 2015
    DS#3 Arrived in April

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I took one in the morning and one at night, total of 800 mg, from AF-O (and actually usually the day before O because I found this time that I would not ovulate until I stopped taking it). I used to be super careful about when I took it while BF but honestly I noticed no diff. whatsoever with either boy I took it with and gradually relaxed over time. I never started it when they were very small of course and they were getting most of their nutrients from other sources.

I didn't always take it with food and never noticed any difference. It doesn't seem to matter if you take it with other supps or not.

Got one boy and one girl while taking it.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by ThroughWithBlue View Post
    Not much help here, I just took it after reading an article about how not having periods does a lot of harm to your body, freaked a bit and took 1 pill 2x day morning and night, not at specific times just around breakfast and before bed. Only took it 10 days and I hadn't had a period in 1 year, never breastfed, and it did give me one. not one since and i never remember to take the pills and freakout is over lol. I wouldn't take more than recommended, I have Nature's Way I believe and it said 2x day 1 pills morning and night may take 8 weeks to work I believe. I don't OPK so I'm not sure if I O'ed or not, but first cycle in a year it did something.
    Hmmm...I think you need to see a doc TWB. Is this related to exercise (I think you mentioned that on anotehr thread but may have been someone else). Having 1 period a year is not the best because it can be good to flush out the cells every so often.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    I took one in the morning and one at night, total of 800 mg, from AF-O (and actually usually the day before O because I found this time that I would not ovulate until I stopped taking it). I used to be super careful about when I took it while BF but honestly I noticed no diff. whatsoever with either boy I took it with and gradually relaxed over time. I never started it when they were very small of course and they were getting most of their nutrients from other sources.

Ugh, thanks Atomic. my little one seems fine too. Day one was fine.. 2 in the morn and one at night.. then this morning I woke up with a slight headache and then got worse when I took the 2 in the am and it turned into slight nausea.. hormonal changes headache? This SUCKS! I guess I might have to take motrin to help with it. I think it will help me ovulate so I will try to stick with it. Did you have headaches or nausea?
    I didn't always take it with food and never noticed any difference. It doesn't seem to matter if you take it with other supps or not.

Got one boy and one girl while taking it.
    Ugh, thanks Atomic. my little one seems fine too. Day one was fine.. 2 in the morn and one at night.. then this morning I woke up with a slight headache and then got worse when I took the 2 in the am and it turned into slight nausea.. hormonal changes headache? This SUCKS! I guess I might have to take motrin to help with it. I think it will help me ovulate so I will try to stick with it. Did you have headaches or nausea? Didn't you get prego with twins or were you already prego with twins? I remember reading that once.
    DS#3 Arrived in April

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    UPDATE: Atomic one other Q, I trolled the internet to find relief and I took magnesium a bit ago and I think it's starting to help. Would that mean it's stopped the effects of the vitex? Silly Q but why would it stop the headache?
    DS#3 Arrived in April

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I never had headaches with the vitex. I think you'd need to take it more than a day or two to really affect your hormones but you may just be super sensi to it.

I did get pg with twins the first time but don't know gender becos I lost it too early, I tend to think it was a boy due to where it implanted but no way to know.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Magnesium can help with headaches because it relaxes your veins and arteries and that is one of the main causes of headaches. Both tension and migraine headaches are caused by your veins and arteries tightening up (they think). I don't think it had anything to do with the vitex working or not working (the vitex may have given you a headache but the magnesium doesn't interfere with that.)

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast