Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    OMG I am so glad I found this thread, I will be stalking it. I had a full on plan with the IG sway before DS1 was born lol, then DS2 was conceived unplanned so that just threw all my plans away. Now I'm having to start on the LE sway stuff which is so different and I am so obsessive and competitive. I just want to WIN my DD! I do totally think of it as "winning" something I want so bad. Totally obsessive, competitve, detail orientated boy mom who can honestly NOT not think of anything. I try with yoga to meditate, or just do what my husband does which is "think of nothing all day long except......I'm hungry I need to eat......I'm tired I need to sleep...." LOL that's seriously what he says his thoughts consist of. I always have a mental list of 1,000 things that need to be done and I am perfectionist. If you guys can find anything that can make your mind take a break let me know lol Either way it's nice to know I'm not alone!
    As far as weighing yourself I'd drop that if I were you guys! I gesstimate my meals. Otherwise I get very obsessive and eat barely anything. If i weigh myself I just get off feeling GOD you are FAT go to the gym and then get depressed whether its 110 or 125 which is my normal range. I think weighing yoruself is something really easy to not do or obsess over. If my jeans fit I know I'm ok.
    I also just plan on making 8-10 daily meal plans and using it through the sway. I eat pretty much teh same thing every day for months then I will change a meal up anyway. That way I don't track anything and obsess over it because that leads me to eating for comfort like chocolate usually
    Nov 09 Jan 11
    Hoping to add some pink to this house soon!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you sweetpea & ribbons for your kind words!!

Yeah, I definitely scooped up some pink, lavender and purple this weekend! My DH was like "ummm, you said we couldn't afford anything?" Heheh I keep saying we can't afford the beer he wants to drink so he was a little surprised by the armload of crap I bought this weekend!

I love all you ladies so much!!!

Looking back, I felt very calm and like I said, I did think about swaying a ton, but it didn't feel competitive to me (except when I was on IG), but surely my DH would have said I was over the rails obsessed

I would talk his ear off about swaying, and at first he tolerated it, and then he started to get a bit annoyed, and asked if I was interested in anything else at that moment.....I guess the answer was no.

I do think reading books is a good idea for trying to take up some of the focus off swaying. I'm a librarian, and reading books is my fall-back activity when I need something! Though I still wish I was really crafty and could make cute little booties or blankets....
    2007 / 2011 / 2012

Link to my girl sway: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...-its-girl.html

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    OH MY GOSH. I feel like I could have written EVERYTHING You ladies have written!!! hence I came on here PRE TTC.... by like 16 months before TTC LOL!!!
    I am the exact same way you girls are HAHA.... oh gosh can't half tell I am a mummy of two boys!!!!
    I've said to DP that we are going to get this house up to scratch NOW!!!! So that when we are TTC I feel comfortable with the home I live in. We have a year to work out anything that is up in the air.
    Im a stresshead I also obsess alot. So I have a year to work that out.

I have also thought A LOT about meditation and even yoga the last couple of weeks. Anyone know if pink swayers can do that? Im thinking meditation beings stress levels down... low stress = girl? Correct me if I am wrong please.

Oh man... I am so over joyed that I have found this site. Im totally way more excited now LOL and actually de stressed from finding this forum wooohoo =D

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by auroara78 View Post
    Thank you sweetpea & ribbons for your kind words!!

Yeah, I definitely scooped up some pink, lavender and purple this weekend! My DH was like "ummm, you said we couldn't afford anything?" Heheh I keep saying we can't afford the beer he wants to drink so he was a little surprised by the armload of crap I bought this weekend!

I love all you ladies so much!!!

Looking back, I felt very calm and like I said, I did think about swaying a ton, but it didn't feel competitive to me (except when I was on IG), but surely my DH would have said I was over the rails obsessed

I would talk his ear off about swaying, and at first he tolerated it, and then he started to get a bit annoyed, and asked if I was interested in anything else at that moment.....I guess the answer was no.

I do think reading books is a good idea for trying to take up some of the focus off swaying. I'm a librarian, and reading books is my fall-back activity when I need something! Though I still wish I was really crafty and could make cute little booties or blankets....
    YAY for buying a bunch of girly things!!! That must have felt sooo good - I hope I'm lucky enough to buy girly clothes for MY daughter one day, instead of just for my lovely nieces and my friends' baby girls!

I literally LOL'd when you said you talked your poor hubby's ear off about swaying, and that he got sick of it! I could have written that myself, haha! I have done the same thing, and my hubby also asks if that's all I think about/want to talk about. LOL!

I'm definitely going to take up a bunch of reading. I love to read, and I know it will relax me during swaying.
    2013: twin boy stillborn at 37 weeks
    Sweet baby boy, you are loved and missed more than you will ever know.
    There's not a day that goes by that I don't think of you and wonder what
    you would have been like. I love you and miss you so much.
    Rest now, my baby, in the loving arms of Jesus.

Biggest shock of our lives - surprise BFP! And it's a GIRL!!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by CherryBlossom View Post
    OH MY GOSH. I feel like I could have written EVERYTHING You ladies have written!!! hence I came on here PRE TTC.... by like 16 months before TTC LOL!!!
    I am the exact same way you girls are HAHA.... oh gosh can't half tell I am a mummy of two boys!!!!
    I've said to DP that we are going to get this house up to scratch NOW!!!! So that when we are TTC I feel comfortable with the home I live in. We have a year to work out anything that is up in the air.

I have also thought A LOT about meditation and even yoga the last couple of weeks. Anyone know if pink swayers can do that? Im thinking meditation beings stress levels down... low stress = girl? Correct me if I am wrong please.

Oh man... I am so over joyed that I have found this site. Im totally way more excited now LOL and actually de stressed from finding this forum wooohoo =D
    Welcome, CherryBlossom (love your name!). I was just as happy to find this site as well! I know what you mean, by the time our first attempt comes around, I'll have been on this site for over 7 months - so lots of reading and researching before our actual sway! I figure I can obsess now, but I need to cool it off and relax in the coming months.

I'm not sure about meditation and yoga...I think they might be okay for a pink sway, but you might want to check with Atomic or others on here first.

Again, welcome! And good luck with your sway!
    2013: twin boy stillborn at 37 weeks
    Sweet baby boy, you are loved and missed more than you will ever know.
    There's not a day that goes by that I don't think of you and wonder what
    you would have been like. I love you and miss you so much.
    Rest now, my baby, in the loving arms of Jesus.

Biggest shock of our lives - surprise BFP! And it's a GIRL!!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Speaking of relaxation... just got back from my massage! That was awesome! My massage therapist does a combo of shiatsu/ayurveda and it was heavenly. Funny, b/c I've never told him about my ectopic and he asked me while he was working on my lower back, "have you had abdominal surgery?" Then he proceeded to fix something that was "out of whack" in that area... hope he didn't accidentally make me more fertile and sway boy, I'm totally blaming the massage if I get a boy out of this! :P

He recommended an acupuncturist as well, but I think I'm going to steer clear of that for now, at least for the first couple of months...
    Supermom to DS1 (1996) & DS2 (2009) & DS3 (2013) & my HT beauty DD4 (2015)
    -=-=-
    • Failed sway attempt in 2012... read my girl sway
    • HT cycle #1 HRC June 2014: 13 eggs, 12 mature, 12 fertilized, 9 biopsied, 5 normals (3XX/2XY) - transferred 1XX HEB AB... 4dp6dt BFP!!! HB 125bpm seen 6w3d
    • FET cycle #1 HRC Dec 2016: PUPO with DD5!! BFP POAS 4dp6dt!!! 1XX HB AA <3 <3 <3

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sweetpea, I hope the same thing for you That you will be enjoying all the clothes buying and just enjoy the thought of a mother-daughter bond of having a girl.

My DH does not believe in swaying. He loves to use his "coin" theory, which is simply if heads = boys, and girls = tails, that each flip of a coin is a new event onto itself and it has no memory or idea of what was flipped before or after it. So therefore getting 3-4 boys in a row, would just be the randomness of each event of coin landing on head all those times. And vice vera for girls, or a mix.

Even though we got a daughter by swaying (and obviously I told him all about it ) he just believes our coin landed this time on "tails" and that my swaying did nothing for it. I definitely think my sway helped up the odds, for sure. How much, of course, I'll never know. My thinking of it is really more that swaying makes you flip with a "weighted" coin, as in that everything you do to try to concieve that gender gives the face of the coin you desire a greater "likeihood" to land on that side.

LOL, I finished my sway and here I am, still obsessing about swaying. I guess it has now become a passion of mine. Trying to figure out what really does sway, what's nonsense in swaying, and how to help people that I care about on this board achieve their dreams
    2007 / 2011 / 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by auroara78 View Post
    LOL, I finished my sway and here I am, still obsessing about swaying. I guess it has now become a passion of mine. Trying to figure out what really does sway, what's nonsense in swaying, and how to help people that I care about on this board achieve their dreams
    auroara, I will totally be in your position too if my sway is a success! And, if not... well, I'll be here swaying again
    Last edited by Ribbons; April 26th, 2012 at 10:10 AM.
    Supermom to DS1 (1996) & DS2 (2009) & DS3 (2013) & my HT beauty DD4 (2015)
    -=-=-
    • Failed sway attempt in 2012... read my girl sway
    • HT cycle #1 HRC June 2014: 13 eggs, 12 mature, 12 fertilized, 9 biopsied, 5 normals (3XX/2XY) - transferred 1XX HEB AB... 4dp6dt BFP!!! HB 125bpm seen 6w3d
    • FET cycle #1 HRC Dec 2016: PUPO with DD5!! BFP POAS 4dp6dt!!! 1XX HB AA <3 <3 <3

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ribbons, the thought has already crept into my head that if everything goes well with DD, that in a few years, I may try swaying again to get another DD! Though I still have this lingering desire that I need a 3rd boy as well, so I guess that sway will really be stress free because I'd just be happy with either gender to complete my family.
    2007 / 2011 / 2012

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by CherryBlossom View Post

Anything that lowers testosterone, sways pink. You can actually lower your testosterone two ways - one is by being SOO stressed that your body gets run down and kinda gives up and stops making as much testosterone (this is what worked for me - I don't recommend it LOL), and the other is by doing away with stress as much as you possibly can. (this is what will be more effective for most people because it took months of intense, unpleasantness for my T to go down.) Eliminating stress is easier and more reliable for pink swayers.

Not to rain on anyone's parade but I do think "happy" stressors can raise T just as much as any can. We can't eliminate all forms of stress of course.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast