Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Could lack of vitamins be making me ill?

I have been on the LE diet for 8 weeks. It is a drastic change for me as I used to have a vitamin drink every morning as well as vitamin c,d, iron and evening primrose.

I have found that I am getting poorly (colds, sickness, headaches) far more than usual. I am a teacher so I知 exposed to a lot of germs but my immune system used to be way better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Some years are better than others for sicknesses. Even when I took my vitamins religiously I'd have years where I'd get slammed with illness and others where I was barely sick (and interestingly, one of these years was last year and I had to stop taking multivitamins since i have an autoimmune disease so it was in a year when I wasn't taking vitamins at all!)

I have this question from people all the time and I think it is to some extent, diet messing with people's heads. I've had people so convinced they were low in something they went to the doctor to be tested only to find out that no, they weren't low. (some people do end up low in iron or Vit. D but this is after swaying for 6 months or more, not 8 weeks, usually) Your body stores years of most nutrients like B12, Vit. D, Vit. A and other nutrients like C and other B vitamins are present in plentiful amounts on LE Diet (as long as you're not starving yourself which no one should be.)

But if you're concerned about it, you can try adding in a multivitamin 3x a week OR iron 30-60 mg, zinc 8-15 mg 3x a week, Vit. D the lowest dose you can find 2x a week, lowest B12 you can find 1x a week. If you don't have thyroid issues you can take iodine 150 iu daily.

You should be getting all the Vit. C you need from fruits which you should still be eating on LE Diet. But again, if you're concerned just take the lowest dose you can find 3x a week or even daily. NO MORE than 500 mg though because higher doses of C are used to induce at home abortions by some people.

RE headaches, are you taking any other supplements? Some supplements can cause headaches. I suspect it may be from low blood sugar though - thoughts?
    Last edited by atomic sagebrush; December 12th, 2017 at 11:53 AM.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Stress can really affect your immune system. If you're stressed more than usual (wouldn't surprise me with the holidays coming up!) then it can lower your immunity, making you more prone to illness.
    '12
    '14
    '15 '15 '16
    🌈 '17 (LE sway opposite)

Dreaming of pink through HT or adoption
    FET January 2021: 1 HBAA XX - BFN
    FET #2 August 2022: 1 HBAA XX - BFP!

4. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I知 not taking any other supplements apart from folic acid and fibre.

Atomic, thank you so much for your detailed response. You really are a star.

Ksmom, you definitely have point about stress. So much so that I知 currently in the bath relaxing with candles.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    How many meals are you eating??

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I知 eating two meals. Lunch at 12.30pm and dinner at 7.00pm. I知 not snacking so drinking lots of water and Diet Coke in between meals to stop me feeling hungry. Should I be eating more?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes I think you need a 3rd meal. I suspect the headaches are from low blood sugar. Both 2 and 3 meals are both fine and allowed on LE Diet. I always had 3, I would not have been able to function on 2!! So what you should do is either add in breakfast before you get to work (and while this is a sway tactic we use, skipping breakfast, it's not set in stone that you HAVE to skip it or your sway will fail!) or have a snack midmorning (not sure if you can do that with work). I ate at about 11ish, 4-5, and then had a bedtime snack and I still got a girl. The important thing is that you aren't eating all day every day like some of us do! More info here: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ttc-...al-folate.html

A lot of Diet Coke can also cause headaches so it may be an overload of artificial sweetener!

Do you have totals for calories, fat, and protein?