Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    FWIW, I'm glad you started this thread, b/c it makes me feel less alone. I'm still grieving my last loss, and I've lost girls and boys both, and I still wish for a girl.

I have sadness and sorrow and longing for my dg, all at once. These things are not mutually exclusive, and I'm happy that I'm not the only one.
    our perfect family:

(8) (5) (almost one)

thank you to atomic for helping make my dreams come true

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Harley, I don't think anyone was trying to be hurtful. I understand what you are saying but everyone here has experienced loss and I am certain nobody is trying to tell you how to feel.

Let's not escalate this. This is a sensitive topic and we all want the best for eachother. That is/was the intent of the posts, I'm certain and shouldn't be taken as a personal attack.

Loss is a very real part of life and it comes in many forms. The loss of a child is heartbreaking. I think we can all agree on that.

I know you've been on forums long enough to know if you ask people's opinions, you'll get them! I got crucified on here just the other day!!
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Last edited by harleyquinn; February 10th, 2013 at 12:12 AM.

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    And your thread is a good idea.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's just an expression, you can't tell tone reading posts.

No harm done. It's an emotional topic.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Harley, I think this forum was a great idea. It's a place for anyone TTC after one or more losses, early or late. And it should be a place where we can feel comfortable whether swaying....or not. I'm very glad you suggested it, I think it really fills a niche, and I hope everyone will be comfortable posting here no matter their TTC style. Also, I stickied this thread not because of the swaying topic, but just as a general open 'chat' thread that I assumed would evolve into other topics eventually.

I don't think anyone should feel the need to apologize for their desire for a certain gender or lack thereof. There is nothing wrong with wanting to sway and nothing wrong with not wanting to sway.

I think, also, that emotions will tend to run high and having hurt feelings and reading things differently from the way the writer intends it is just one of those things that happens on internet boards, whether here, IG, BBC, Baby&Bump, Mothering, etc etc. It happens because a lot can get lost in translation unfortunately. Feelings get hurt inadverdently.

Just the other week I got called out on a post I made, but in the end it was discussed via PM and it turns out that both of us were reading things very differently than was intended. And we were both relieved to be able to hash it out and in the end, no hard feelings. I was very glad in the end that we were able to do that.
    Me (38) and DH (38)

SAHM military momma to DS1 (2004), DS2 (who's all boy but loves to dance, though not in a tutu!) (2006), DS3 (2009), and our rainbow baby girl DD1 (2017)

early m/c Jan 2013

Cycle #1 @ HRC (Oct 2014) - 6 retrieved, 4 mature, 3 fertilized and biopsied. 1XX and 1XY abnormal. 1XX no DNA found, rebiopsied and found normal, frozen.
    FET attempt #1 (Nov 2014) - cancelled due to functional cyst. FET attempt #2 (Jan 30, 2015) - NT. Remaining embie failed to thaw.

May 2015 - started infertility treatments at OFC. Femara 2.5mg
    July 2015 - BFP after second round of Femara. Aug 4 2015 - 6w4d
    Dec 21 2015 - mmc 7w1d

Apr 2016 - IVF Cycle #2. Converted to IUI because of uneven response and leading follicles.
    Apr 19, 2016 - IUI with 3 mature follicles (2 right, 1 left), post wash: 17mil, 94% motility and 89% rapid motility. BFN.

June 3, 2016 - 5mg Femara cycle. 5w.
    Sep 1, 2016 - 5mg Femara cycle. 8w.

Our rainbow baby girl arrived on Mon Aug 28, 2017 - "After every storm comes a rainbow". We are so thankful and grateful for every moment.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Last edited by harleyquinn; February 10th, 2013 at 12:12 AM.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    ANYWAY, I'm really glad you are going to O soon LP. How do you feel about it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by harleyquinn View Post
    ANYWAY, I'm really glad you are going to O soon LP. How do you feel about it?
    LOL, well, I hope O will hold off until I stop spotting!!! I mean if it doesn't I'll bd anyways but it might be a bit of a turnoff.....lol

It might very well just be my body messing with me. The OPK's haven't gotten any darker yet, so I'll see how the next few days pans out. If I do O in the next handful of days I must admit I'm really worried that such an early egg wouldn't be very healthy.

Still, I have read about women being super fertile up to 3 months after a m/c so I sure hope it holds true for me. Emotionally I'm ready to go again, I just hope everything will be good to go in terms of lining, egg health, hormone levels, etc. Today's OPK was just medium-ish so have to wait and see. I'd be super excited to O before next Friday, even if I couldn't keep my bfp early V-day gift that would be a pretty cool present too.

Oh, and I agree with you regarding diet in that we shouldn't apologize for NOT doing it. Especially if it causes undue stress and worry. I tried it, and it wasn't working out, oh well. As AS likes to remind us, plenty of women everywhere have both genders without altering their lifestyles one bit.
    Last edited by LacePrincess; February 8th, 2013 at 11:10 PM.
    Me (38) and DH (38)

SAHM military momma to DS1 (2004), DS2 (who's all boy but loves to dance, though not in a tutu!) (2006), DS3 (2009), and our rainbow baby girl DD1 (2017)

early m/c Jan 2013

Cycle #1 @ HRC (Oct 2014) - 6 retrieved, 4 mature, 3 fertilized and biopsied. 1XX and 1XY abnormal. 1XX no DNA found, rebiopsied and found normal, frozen.
    FET attempt #1 (Nov 2014) - cancelled due to functional cyst. FET attempt #2 (Jan 30, 2015) - NT. Remaining embie failed to thaw.

May 2015 - started infertility treatments at OFC. Femara 2.5mg
    July 2015 - BFP after second round of Femara. Aug 4 2015 - 6w4d
    Dec 21 2015 - mmc 7w1d

Apr 2016 - IVF Cycle #2. Converted to IUI because of uneven response and leading follicles.
    Apr 19, 2016 - IUI with 3 mature follicles (2 right, 1 left), post wash: 17mil, 94% motility and 89% rapid motility. BFN.

June 3, 2016 - 5mg Femara cycle. 5w.
    Sep 1, 2016 - 5mg Femara cycle. 8w.

Our rainbow baby girl arrived on Mon Aug 28, 2017 - "After every storm comes a rainbow". We are so thankful and grateful for every moment.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I actually did sway for. Girl I am 10 weeks preg at I do have a desire for a girl

I was just saying if I went through many losses I would personally throw swaying away I never told you that you should I was just saying what I would do

I don't know how much more clearly I can say it I am very sorry that I upset u although I don't think I said anything wrong

And I am nothing like the bitches on IG lol I am quite offended for how ur making me feel
    ( 2004) ( 2006) (2011 )

Aug 27th 2013

Make a pregnancy ticker

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast