Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Woo-hoo! Think I am finally losing weight *knocks on wood*. Weighed in this morning and I am down one pound OUT OF the 2 pounds I have been going up and down. In other words I am down 3 pounds from 2 weeks ago and 1 pound from yesterday. Normally I wouldn't get excited about 1 pound but with AF due in the next couple days (I always gain weight just before AF) I think it is a legit loss which means struggling to get it right or not, the diet might actually be working Losing weight is the key thing, right? The whole point of the diet? If so, then even if I am not doing it perfect (mildly perfectionist lol) if I am losing it means it should be swaying, right?

cardio time
    Our family is complete
    My precious babies: 2006 , 2010 2016
    Too beautiful for earth: 2009- (20+5). 2015- (8w), CP, (8w)

Please pardon typos~ Nursing @ keyboard

2. Likes atomic sagebrush, maidentomother liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Keep up the good work!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

4. Thanks twointow83 thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I edited my first post in this thread to be more specific about my sway if anyone wants to take a look. As always, constructive criticism is welcome

Not thrilled that sometime in the next 24 or so hours AF will be making her return, but I will be glad to finally close this chapter of my life and start the next. So, bring it on AF. Let's get this "party" started
    Our family is complete

6. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    temps still up today...any developments on AF front?

8. Thanks twointow83 thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Nope. But expecting it any time now. We used condoms until I was 100% sure I had O'd. As much as I hated to watch O come and go without an attempt I didn't want to risk another loss by not following doctor's orders and not being healed up enough afte D&C. I usually start in the evening so there is still time. Btw that reminds me of something I read on here before... something about when AF starts and sway. I can't remember how they said it worked as far as what swayed which way but is that legit?

Also, I had killer insomnia last night and didn't get to sleep until well after 3 am so when my alarms went off at 6am I slept right through them. That temp was taken very late. Honesty, it should probably be marked as "disturbed" but I tend not to do that unless it really messes up my chart by going way off the reservation. I deal with insomnia most nights so this happens more than I'd like so rather that having to "disturb" half my chart I make a note of the time taken and leave it be unless it's around O time or completely messes up my chart.

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk
    Our family is complete

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If you look at my chart you'll see what I mean. All the solid dots/circles are temps taken on time. All the empty circles (circle outline w/ no center) are my insomnia temps... days where I was up so late that I slept through my alarms the next morning and took my temp late. Some are an hour late, some 2 hours and even a couple that were 3 hours late, like this morning, but as long as they fit in with my overall pattern I let them "live" lol. And if you see the circle on CD 28 floating out there all by its lonesome, that is a disturbed temp. It was too far off the reservation for me so I marked "disturbed", otherwise it would have messed up my O calculations. Also as you can see by the fact that CD 31's temp "survived" I am much less picky about PRE-O temps dropping as I am about them jumping. I hope all that makes sense... lol.
    Last edited by twointow83; June 19th, 2015 at 02:35 PM.
    Our family is complete

11. Likes maidentomother, atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I also suffer from insomnia and poor/restless sleep, and I have an erratic schedule and wake up at different times every day. I take basically the same approach to my attempts and adjust as needed, as I've learned by approximately how much not sleeping/oversleeping will raise my temps (.2 F usually). On my charts solid circles mean I slept okay and a normal amount of time. Open circles mean I slept too little, too much, or poorly and often those temps are manually adjusted. Anyway, I totally understand your system and it sounds like a great one! It can be hard temping accurately with sleep issues.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after removìng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

13. Thanks twointow83 thanked for this post
    Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, it can be. Sleeping poorly doesn't tend to affect my temps for some reason. Probably because it's not a once in awhile thing for me. I toss and turn most nights because my hips and shoulders hurt if I stay on one side too long, sleeping on my stomach isn't comfortable and thanks to losing a bunch of weight my tail bone gets sore if I sit or lay on my back for too long. I also almost always get up at least once to get a drink and use the restroom at night. Then DH's alarms for work start sounding off at 3:30 am. So, for me, a good night's sleep is the exception. Not the rule BUT from what I understand, that can only help my sway. So at least for once it is good for something lol.

ETA: I just read your signature. (((HUGS))).... for all of it!

ETA again: Good Lord I sound old, lol. I just reread what I wrote and sheesh lol. With all my aches and pains I sound like I am like 70 or something, lol. I won't even be 32 until next month.
    Last edited by twointow83; June 19th, 2015 at 03:43 PM.
    Our family is complete

15. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you. <3

I have severe scoliosis which causes constant muscle tension and spasms plus rheumatoid arthritis, I am in severe chronic pain mkst of the time, bedridden but with the boniest tailbone ever (I think it sticks out extra too bc of my back) plus bony hips, so I totally understand! I often feel elderly. When I go to the orthopedist I'm the only one under 50 and worse off than them all, it's super depressing. Anyway, yeah, pain/discomfort makes it very hard to sleep. And I'm on 2 highly sedating meds at high dose, always tired...but can't sleep at normal times, sigh.

I'm so sorry you have similar issues, and omg I'd go nuts if an alarm went off at 3:30am! My last BF liked to blast hard rock at insane, literally painful decibels late at night, right when I was trying to wind down. Asking him to turn it down/close the door/use headphones resulted in a sulky tantrum and slammed door...I put up with him for WAY too long.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after removìng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

17. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Re when AF starts - that is something I have been noticing over the years that the gals who are starting at night seem to be more pink friendly (esp. if they go from starting in the morning, to starting at night) and vice versa with the trend being reported by both groups. I have some old hippy fertility book that claimed that starting period later in the day may be a sign of lowered fertility and starting in the morning may be a sign of higher fertility. I think it's interesting because when I was a teenager I had really irregular cycles and always started in the afternoon or evening, then about age 19-20 they became very regular started first thing in the morning, and stayed there for the next 20 years (during which time I conceived 4 boys) and then suddenly started coming in the evening when I was over 40 and there they've stayed. Conceived a girl getting AF in the evening. Just makes me wonder about it since so many boy/girl moms are having AF come at a different time of day when swaying.

19. Thanks twointow83 thanked for this post
Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast