Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Celebrate Twointow83's TTC thread- Rainbow baby in pink plz ;)

My Sway

Diet:
    LE with a special circumstance twist (whole grains instead of simple carbs and such). Doing the best I can... it's complicated.
    Meat: Little to no red meat (basically the contents of the occasional hot dog or the very rare polish sausage- very rare occasion not sausage ). Minimal chicken. Occasional turkey.
    Dairy: I eat a fair bit of cottage cheese and yogurt when I can fit it into my daily stats. Rarely cheese (haven't had any cheese yet, but not ruling it out completely). Occasionally 2% milk when needed to boost my stats to minimum reqs.
    Carbs: Mostly from dairy and whole grain sources, but occasionally I'll have a simple carb of some form such as a cup of sweet tea or wine when empty calories are needed and my carb levels can survive the hit.
    Fruits and Veggies: Not often. Too low in calories for the most part and I have enough issues hitting my calorie goal each day. When I do have them it's typically a higher calorie option such as peas, corn or tomotoes. Occasionally I'll have eggplant also.
    Fats: I get these mostly from dairy, but they also come in with mayo, butter and occasionally peanut butter.

Exercise:
    Getting my sweat on 6x a week for 60 mins.

Sups and meds:
    Daily:
    Zantac
    Folic acid
    Baby Asprin
    Potassium
    Other:
    Clomid (50 mg CD 3-7)

DH is taking:
    Olive leaf extract 500 mg/day

Frequency:
    Every 4 days

Alcohol:
    Arbor mist 6% alcohol... no set plan here, just whenever I can fit it into the diet.

Last edited by twointow83; June 19th, 2015 at 04:21 PM.
    Our family is complete
    My precious babies: 2006 , 2010 2016
    Too beautiful for earth: 2009- (20+5). 2015- (8w), CP, (8w)

Please pardon typos~ Nursing @ keyboard

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would not go over 60g protein daily. Also, I wouldn't use loratadine during a Clomid cycle unless you have copious EWCM bc Clomid usually has such a strong drying effect and you need SOME fertile CM to conceive. The rest sounds fab!

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I did some tweaking on the diet for today. My boys were having hot dogs for lunch and hot dogs are great sources of fat with minimal protein. My issue was using PB to fill my fat req. PB is loaded with fat but it's also a decent source of protein. So, I swapped out a serving of PB for a couple hot dogs w/ some mustard (no bread) and protein is exactly were it needs to be. Still need some tweaking because I'm over 4 on sugar now and about over 320 on sodium (atomic says salt is not a big deal though). The empty calories are what are making me twinge though lol. I have to have 2 cups of tea and 2 cups of wine to make my calories a minimum of 1,200 (I don't eat much) but I am doing it for the sake of swaying. Normally I fill those calories with things that would send my protein through the roof (milk is a prime example) and I drink tea but not 420 calories worth and between then tea and the wine it adds up to 420.

I can try going w/o the claritin, but I take it because I have a lot of sinus drainage even with it... without it I am a hot mess lol (especially this time of year). Clomid did dry me up some when I took it before so I should at least try it. W/o clomid my CM is CRAZY EWCM during my fertile time (it's gross really...) but when I took clomid before my CM was creamy around my fertile window. Maybe the clomid will do me a favor and dry up my sinuses too
    Last edited by twointow83; June 12th, 2015 at 12:55 PM.
    Our family is complete

4. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If that is what is working for you, that's fine. A bit high in protein but anyone who has lost 100 lbs has a ton of leeway with diet.

You need the Claritin and Loratadine for health, right? I generally dont use antihistamine with Clomid.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

6. Likes twointow83 liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am still overweight.... about 30-40 pounds. The diet is literally the opposite of what I am supposed to be doing (high protein, low carb, low fat... I literally have no calorie limit as long as I follow the rules). Suddenly trying to keep protein low and simple carbs[breads, pasta, starchy veggies, etc] and fat high while also monitoring calories is providing quite a challenge. Honestly I don't know if it's right, with the dairy n such just trying to make it work for the sway. Been crazy hungry all day... have been since I started *sigh* I think my body is craving the protein level it is used to. Praying I conceive quickly or my body adjusts quickly... either way.

Claritin is loratidine... just generic and name brand. I take it for sinus drainage. Nothing life or death just comfort... so I am not gagging on grossness. But I am willing to try to drop it if it means a possible quicker conception.

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk
    Last edited by twointow83; June 12th, 2015 at 05:32 PM.
    Our family is complete

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So, diet went to pot last night. Our anniversary was on the 8th and we didn't get to do anything because hubby had to work over so he surprised me by taking us out for an anniversary dinner. They literally had nothing diet friendly there... except a side salad, so I avoided red meat but otherwise got what I wanted which ended up being chicken. So while I don't have numbers (little hole-in-the-wall restraunt so it is not like I can even begin to put it in myfitnesspal accurately, I know just about all my stats ended up being high... except maybe fat. On to another day...
    Our family is complete

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by twointow83 View Post
    I am still overweight.... about 30-40 pounds. The diet is literally the opposite of what I am supposed to be doing (high protein, low carb, low fat... I literally have no calorie limit as long as I follow the rules). Suddenly trying to keep protein low and simple carbs[breads, pasta, starchy veggies, etc] and fat high while also monitoring calories is providing quite a challenge. Honestly I don't know if it's right, with the dairy n such just trying to make it work for the sway. Been crazy hungry all day... have been since I started *sigh* I think my body is craving the protein level it is used to. Praying I conceive quickly or my body adjusts quickly... either way.

Claritin is loratidine... just generic and name brand. I take it for sinus drainage. Nothing life or death just comfort... so I am not gagging on grossness. But I am willing to try to drop it if it means a possible quicker conception.

But remember what we talked about though - YOUR rules are not everyone else's rules. You have to be sure you are getting what is right for your health and wellbeing, above all else Bad health = no baby anyway. Health first.

Don't worry about your diet one meal at a time, look at the big picture. Happy anniversary! Cheating on special occasions is mandatory on LE Diet.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

10. Likes twointow83 liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks atomic
    Our family is complete

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    DVD arrived today! Time to get my cardio on This gonna be fun with sore muscles, courtesy of painting but lets get it done

Our family is complete

13. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Cardio: Check!

Are we supposed to eat more to make up for lost calories or no? I ask because it's nearly 5 pm and I am sitting at 90 net calories (still have to eat dinner-burned 450 according to MFP during workout). According to MFP a bump in calorie allowance (making up for burned off calories) also means more fat, carbs, and protein allowed. I know how all this works when on a regular diet but not in relation to swaying...

Last edited by twointow83; June 15th, 2015 at 04:51 PM.
    Our family is complete

Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast