Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Should I request testing?

I've now had three losses in four months. I had two easy pregnancies at 32 and 35, and now I'm 38. The doctor hasn't offered much feedback on why she thinks this may be happening. Only thing she said was, "Could be your age." I had a miscarriage at 5.5 weeks in December followed by a D&C, then a chemical in February, and now another miscarriage again at about 5 weeks which thankfully doesn't look like it's going to require a D&C. Doctor mentioned that it's perplexing since I've already carried two pregnancies. I guess maybe it could be just three bad eggs in a row? Anyway, now that we've confirmed the miscarriage (last week she thought there might still be hope and wanted to watch my betas before discussing where to go after three miscarriages) I have a phone call scheduled with her next week. Should I ask for some sort of testing, do you think? If so, what? I talked to the nurse earlier this week when she confirmed my beta was almost negative and asked her about trying again. She said they generally like women to wait two cycles before trying again. I asked why, and she said well, to get your lining back to normal. But then she lowered her voice and said, "I had a miscarriage when I was younger, and I didn't wait, and I got pregnant the next try."

But again, I've now just finished up m/c #3 - so wondering if I should just keep trying or if I need to stop and check something out. Thanks for any advice.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I personally would, my friend had 5 miscarriage and finally got testing it ended up being just very low progesterone. Maybe the next one will be your healthy sticky bean!! Good luck

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks, that's a good idea. During my first pregnancy post-IVF the clinic monitored me even though I wasn't pregnant by them, and the first sign that I was going to lose it was that my progesterone dropped. I'll mention this to the doc next week.

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    YES, get testing.

I ave 4 kids and started having losses after the last one 6 years ago. The fertility clinic didn't know why and said I must have bad eggs, as they were all 4.5-5 weeks. I had so many I quit counting at 10. Then I started taking:
    3 royal jelly and 300 mg co q 10 ubiquinol, B complex, a seperate B12, 5 mgs folic acide, vit c, vit d , vit e. I know these are not for ttc girl, but if you can't get an egg to stick you have NO chance. then out of the blue, given up days ago, got a shock bfp. It was a girl too! Unfortunately I lost her a month ago at 17 weeks due to a series of problems and bad medical attention.

The fertility clinic had me on progesterone suppositories each day from O. maybe your progesterone levels are too low, this ia a common thing esp as we get older (I am 39). My intertility was called secondary cause I had kids, and was unexplainable. The RE told me to tak Co Q 10 ubiquinol (the more expensive one because it is the form your body uses, and the other coq10 your body has to convert to ubiquinol to use, so its like skipping a step and you get more from it.

Now, my last reply got deleted cause I took too long to write it so I will continue...

I got a book yesterday at chapters on fertility. I will outline the supps they recommend.
    My Ovulation Chart
    : March 3, 2016 baby girl @ 17w to EColi January 7, 2017 baby girl @ 15w to placental abruption
    TTC our dream baby and praying for a safe pregnancy with a take home baby in my arms

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    right here....oh...and I started massaging my uterus clockwise for a few months too to improve blood flow)

Ok the book. It says to take (for general egg health)

WATER. You need it to flush toxins and provide the best possible oxygenation/blood flow to your ovaries.

Folate. This is different from folic acid and is a more usable form. it develops dna, maintains proper hormone levels and ovarian function. It lowers homocysteine, which forms from many things including weight loss (and is inflammation) women on FOLINIC ACID or CALCIUM FOLINATE (500 mg/day) have higher quality eggs with better maturity. Its vital for early develoment and actually helps fertilization.

CHOLINE. It's a B vitamin, you need 400-500 mg/day. this forms every cell in our body. it helps neural tube formation, brain development, a healthy placenta and lowers the risk of MC. take it with your folate.

B12 (500 mg/day) lowers homocysteine and inflammation and develops dna again. Take with your folate cause they will all help each other work better.

VIT D (1000 IU/day) improves fertility and ability to conceive and carry a healthy pregnancy. IVF patients have higher success rates when they take it daily. It improves implantation and immune balance to allow acceptance of the embryo.

IRON: get your level checked. Interestingly, my iron was always very low and finally was less than 1 so I did iron shots all summer from the dr. The suddenly I didn't have another early loss after that...

ZINC 15-40 mg/day is critical for the egg as it matures and readies for release. It has a significant effect of the maturation process of your eggs. studies have shown that if you are deficient in the 3-5 days before O, he maturation process is dramatically disrupted. (I am quoting the book verbatim). Also when deficient, fertilization rates drop by 50% and the ones that do get caught are less competent and more likely to mc.

I know these aren't girl friendly, but they are BABY friendly and I was in your place for 6 painful heartwrenching years and still got my girl.

Its up to you if you want to use it.

On a side note, after my devestating loss I am writing a book about coping and getting thru and SUCCESS after loss. I'm looking for women who want to share their loss story(ies) and success if they got pregnant later. What helped them move on and be ready to TTC again, that sort of thing. If you feel like sharing your journey, it could reach a lot of women and help them on their road to success. Even tho you aren't "successful" yet after your losses, even hearing how you deal with the pain and moving forward can be very empowerng for ppl. If you can, I'd love to include it in my book. (I am a published novelist). If you want to send it to me please PM me and I will give you my email to send it to.

I hope all this helps you in some way. I have had a long road and have a wealth of experience to share if you need it.

I also shoulod note, and I don't know if it played a roll or not, but I did do a detox for a while (not drugs and alchohol, just everyday life stuff) and I went on a sugarless and gluten free diet for a while, but I was not doing that the month we got pregnant.

Sorry for the typos and if anything is confusing, I am on morphine right now for my gallbladder. I quoted the book word for word so I wouldn't screw it up
    My Ovulation Chart
    : March 3, 2016 baby girl @ 17w to EColi January 7, 2017 baby girl @ 15w to placental abruption
    TTC our dream baby and praying for a safe pregnancy with a take home baby in my arms

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Please ladies do not take that high level of zinc, no more than 8-15 mg a day unless you have consulted with a doctor and been shown to have zinc deficiency. It is toxic at higher doses
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

7. Thanks SweetLily thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Please ladies do not take that high level of zinc, no more than 8-15 mg a day unless you have consulted with a doctor and been shown to have zinc deficiency. It is toxic at higher doses
    Yes to this. I was taking 15mg of zinc just 3 days a week and my blood levels were elevated at my last blood test. My endocrinologist told me to decrease down to 2 times a week.
    Me: 35 years old. Was an infant nanny and birth and postpartum doula. Now a full time SAHM.
    DS1: Aug 2003 (my first home birthed water baby!)
    DS2: May 2009 (my second home birthed water baby!)
    Oct 2014
    July 2016: Laproscopic surgery to remove a ping pong ball sized endometrioma on left ovary and 3 pea size fibroids on outside of uterus. Hysteroscopy to remove one larger "penetrating fibroid" inside uterus.
    Oct 2016: Heartbroken after DH's vasectomy. Looks like my dreams of a daughter are gone.

9. Thanks SweetLily thanked for this post
    Likes XXforhubby, atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow crazy essence, thanks for letting me know that!!! Hmmm I may have to adjust my recommendations.

11. Thanks SweetLily thanked for this post
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow you can't trust even published magazines anymore! Crazy!
    The zinc I have is in capsules, 500 mg each so I tale it once a week. Gonna have to dump half of it out!!! Scary....
    My Ovulation Chart

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would NEVER take that much zinc at one time. That's the worst way to take it because you get way too much all at once (harmful) and then since your body is not good at storing zinc and is also probably desperate to get rid of the stuff so you then may excrete more than normal from your foods and stuff. Those high doses are meant for short term use for people with colds to get better quicker and were not intended to help the body meet its zinc needs.

I'd get a basic 8-15 mg zinc supp or else a prenatal or multi because they usually have that amount in them. If you need zinc you can take it daily but I prefer everyone else take only 3 days a week max (and now hearing essence's news I am thinking 2x may be plenty for most people.)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast