Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Does anxiety sway?

Just asking this question as I have been suffering from extreme anxiety recently, which is always worse in the mornings and then gets better. I had gotten to the point where I couldn't even eat breakfast and nearly vomited and upset tummy. All just from nervousness. It had all settled down prior to getting pregnant back in June but since my miscarriage in Asugust it had progressively gotten worse. Anyway, I saw my doctor about it yesterday and have an appointment with a counsellor for next week. So, for now, I haven't even thought about ttc again just yet because obviously I am not emotionally in the right place. I saw a tiny baby at school this morning and she gave me big smiles and had a dimple, just like our little girl, which made me tear up immediately.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't know if it sways but I have had horrible anxiety my entire life and I have 7 boys.
    9899030508 1012 for a one day.Summer 20017 pink sway is a go!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Queen of Harts - 7 boys - wow! I have never heard of anyone having 7 children of all the same gender before. That's amazing! Hope you get your girl one day. And thanks soooo much for your reply.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have suffered from anxiety in the past like you describe. I have no idea if it sways but I do know it affects my cycles and delays ovulation.

It is good you have gone to see your Dr about it. I found hypnotherapy quite helpful so worth a try if the counsellor isn't enough for you.

I hope it passes soon, it is really horrible when you are going through it.

Sept 2008 Sept 2011 March 2017

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Anxiety itself probably doesn't sway, but being the kind of person who is prone to anxiety may indicate you are more boy-friendly if that makes sense. We have a lot of moms of boys who are kind of tightly wound, anxious, OCD kind of gals.

Can I ask if you are using any artificial sweeteners?? I found Splenda made me very anxious and it was like you are describing because I'd have tea with Splenda in the mornings and it would give me basically a panic attack. Then it would wear off over the day.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

6. Thanks Throwaway_panther thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi ladies. No Atomic - I haven't been using the artificial sweeteners. I had been drinking one glass of caffeine free coke that has aspartame in it with dinner but not every day as it made me feel a bit off. I've noticed the anxiety seems to settle down after I've Oed, which is interesting. I already take an antidepressant for my anxiety so have just had to increase the dose slightly and will see the counsellor next week. But, as of today, I have been feeling slightly better. It's amazing what positive self-talk and keeping busy can do. It's soooo interesting though that doctors never seem to believe that anxiety is hormone-related (except if it occurs around PMS time). I've also been limiting my cups of tea and sugar intake. I guess it's good in one way as it's made me lose a bit of weight recently since I've been unable to eat at all til around lunch time.
    2008 2010 2012 August 2015 at 10 weeks and CP June 2016 2019. My longed-for baby girl (DD2) arrived into the world safe and sound on 13th June 2019 . We named her Lucia Anna Catalina. I still can't believe she is here and often have to pinch myself. I am one VERY blessed Mumma. She also has a dimple like her big sister.

http://FertilityFriend.com/home/57bc03

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well I absolutely have anxiety that relates to my menstrual cycle as well and it's more in my FP than LP. I am more "depressed" feeling in my LP and not anxious. So me too on that.

Within my lifetime I've seen them go from saying PMS/PMT was totally psychological to taking it seriously so what they "know" is subject to change.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes that's sooo true Atomic. I often wonder how much doctors really know about hormones and how much they do actually effect our emotions and our mental states. I certainly wish also they could do more testing instead of just prescribing us antidepressants and sending us off to see a counsellor.
    2008 2010 2012 August 2015 at 10 weeks and CP June 2016 2019. My longed-for baby girl (DD2) arrived into the world safe and sound on 13th June 2019 . We named her Lucia Anna Catalina. I still can't believe she is here and often have to pinch myself. I am one VERY blessed Mumma. She also has a dimple like her big sister.

http://FertilityFriend.com/home/57bc03

10. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    They don't know anything. I actually think that those of us on these types of websites are learning more than doctors by sharing our experiences.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I didn't realize anxiety was part of a more boy-friendly personality type. Well, crap. Lol!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast