Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Response from Aug 2015 surgeon: Felesha we did not disrupt the tubes during the case and noted bilateral tubal patency then. You had a chromotubation at surgery. we can email you and operative report. If you need me to speak with dr kowalczyk now or in the future, just have her call! - Dr. Zaiden

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    This is one of those times I wish I was an expert. I do know of one other person on here who had tubes seemingly cramp shut during an HSG and I hope and pray this is one of those times.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

3. Likes Pink2016 liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    This is one of those times I wish I was an expert. I do know of one other person on here who had tubes seemingly cramp shut during an HSG and I hope and pray this is one of those times.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Last surgery (1/31/17) shows both tubes open and no sign of even having a fibroid removed. However, just heard back from my nutritionist that I did have an issue with MTHFR gene (from both parents). Means body has challenges with absorbing all B vitamins. I was severely deficient in B12. Reproductive Endocrinologist refused to test for it unless you have 3 miscarriages. Now on methylfolate in addition to other prenatals. No more pulling over to get some shut eye while on the road.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh that's good news!!! I was just thinking about you the other day and wondering how you were getting along.

I really wish the REs would get on board with the MTHFR testing.

Good luck and please keep us posted!!

7. Thanks fefecooks thanked for this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Oh that's good news!!! I was just thinking about you the other day and wondering how you were getting along.

I really wish the REs would get on board with the MTHFR testing.

Good luck and please keep us posted!!
    Hi Atomic! Someone in another group says that she doesn't believe the MTHFR gene is why I'm not getting pregnant. She just thinks I have old eggs. Says some people are just born with all bad eggs which is probably why I only achieved one pregnancy (Trisomy 13) in my whole life. That is so heart breaking to hear to say the least. Tried for 24 months with only one pregnancy in there. Been on 10 vitamin supplements (ubiquinol, omega 3, vitamin d, prenatal, etc.) for the past 8 months. Synthroid for 5 months. Any thoughts on this? Also, should I be on baby aspirin for MTHFR?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Geez. With friends like that who needs enemies, right?

Some people online like to talk out their butts to make other people feel bad. It makes them feel important knowing that they've very likely upset another person. Some people do have fertility challenges, and age does make it more likely that you'll have struggles with fertility but someone online has no way of knowing that.

I can't know about your egg quality without your numbers in front of me but trust me, I've had people who had absolutely abysmal numbers (indicating very poor egg quality) who did end up getting pregnant. It may take a little longer, but it can still happen. Even with age-related egg quality issues, you will still make a good egg, just less often than younger women do. Let's say it happens only 1-2 times a year - you can still get pregnant, it just takes a little longer. I know it's so hard to keep up trying month after month with the BFN but it is the only way to catch the good eggs you do make, even if they're few and far between (and again, we don't know this. It very well may be that at first it was the fibroid, now it's been the MTHFR, and we will remove each obstacle as it comes along and you'll still get pregnant once we get them out of our way.

Aspirin only under advice of your doc. ARe you taking folate instead of folic acid?? If not, please do so.

Are you on a lower carb, higher protein diet? If not, do that. Avoid skim dairy. Some people benefit from going totally wheat free.

Has your hubby gotten a sperm analysis done? (sorry I'm sure I should know that already)

10. Likes fefecooks liked this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Geez. With friends like that who needs enemies, right?

Some people online like to talk out their butts to make other people feel bad. It makes them feel important knowing that they've very likely upset another person. Some people do have fertility challenges, and age does make it more likely that you'll have struggles with fertility but someone online has no way of knowing that.

I can't know about your egg quality without your numbers in front of me but trust me, I've had people who had absolutely abysmal numbers (indicating very poor egg quality) who did end up getting pregnant. It may take a little longer, but it can still happen. Even with age-related egg quality issues, you will still make a good egg, just less often than younger women do. Let's say it happens only 1-2 times a year - you can still get pregnant, it just takes a little longer. I know it's so hard to keep up trying month after month with the BFN but it is the only way to catch the good eggs you do make, even if they're few and far between (and again, we don't know this. It very well may be that at first it was the fibroid, now it's been the MTHFR, and we will remove each obstacle as it comes along and you'll still get pregnant once we get them out of our way.

Aspirin only under advice of your doc. ARe you taking folate instead of folic acid?? If not, please do so.

Are you on a lower carb, higher protein diet? If not, do that. Avoid skim dairy. Some people benefit from going totally wheat free.

Has your hubby gotten a sperm analysis done? (sorry I'm sure I should know that already)
    Thanks Atomic! She works for an RE office so she's pretty blunt about everything I guess.

As of Sept. 2016, my AMH is 3.13 and FSH is 6.8.

I am now on methylfolate and methylcobalamin as of 1 week ago. My nutritionist says to give up gluten and now has me on a protein shake. Also on full fat milk.

Hubby's sperm went down to 66% motility. Total motile sperm is 102.2 x 10`6. Report says he is sub fertile to fertile which is one of the reasons why she thinks IUI could help.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Your numbers indicate you're fertile to me.

giving up gluten but PLEASE take care not to load up on carbs. Gluten free diets can really be carby and you need to keep carbs to about 30% of your day's diet.

What is in the protein shake? Soy? I'd not be doing that as soy may lower fertility.

Husband's SA seems fine to me. I'd have him releasing every 2-4 days for optimal sperm health.

Are you doing SMEP??

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Your numbers indicate you're fertile to me.

giving up gluten but PLEASE take care not to load up on carbs. Gluten free diets can really be carby and you need to keep carbs to about 30% of your day's diet.

What is in the protein shake? Soy? I'd not be doing that as soy may lower fertility.

Husband's SA seems fine to me. I'd have him releasing every 2-4 days for optimal sperm health.

Are you doing SMEP??
    Nutritionist suggested eggs, fruit and protein shake for breakfast. Fatoosh salad and lentil soup for lunch. Fruit and nuts or protein shake for snack. Salmon/Chicken/Beef with quinoa and spaghetti squash for dinner.

It's a pea and rice protein. No soy. It's by Metagenics. It's got methylfolate and methylcobalamin in it too.

For the past year, we do every other day from cycle day 8 through 1 day past o.

14. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast