Page 1 of 31 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Mother after 35

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Mother after 35

Hi for all of you. I’m new to the forum and want to share my story. Unfortunately, we with husband were face to face with infertility. It was awful but we had no time to cry because I’m 36 already and my husband is 39, that’s why we started to act immediately when our doctor made a diagnosis – infertility. We started to search everywhere, we read all information concerning this theme, read books, consulted, forums and articles in the Internet. We spent a lot of time. We live in Italy and some methods of reproductive medicine are forbidden here (methods without which we couldn’t become parents) and we faced one more problem - to find place where it is allowed. I found an article where I’ve read that one doctor in Italy a few years ago cooperated with one European clinic which provide services of egg donation and surrogacy motherhood. I don’t remember exactly what was written there further, I was just surprised that such things exist in our country. I was interested in this because it was our chance. The article was published long time ago but we had a great hope that we’ll find such doctor at our time. Of course, we didn’t completely believe in it because there are a lot of scammers at our time so, we needed to find some real confirmations and evidences. And again we spent a lot of time and strength but finally we found such doctor. From some reasons (because it is forbidden in Italy) I wouldn’t tell names, it doesn’t matter. So, we started our cooperation. For our surprise we found out that we are not alone in this situation, there were other infertility couples which also needed egg donors or surrogate mothers. During our first trip to the European clinic we got acquainted with doctors, I was examined, also we decided all legal points. Doctors decided the medical course and pointed the next appointment. When we came back my doctor controlled the process of stimulation, consulted us concerning all medicines and programs itself. When we go to clinic the second time doctor again examined me and made me embryo implantation, (the donor’s egg was inseminated by my husband’s sperm) I was implanted 3 embryos for the 5th day when my endometrium was 9 mm, in a few days after ultrasound examination doctor said that from 3 embryos 1 “took root”)))). Finally, everything was ok, all couples (there were 8 couples including us) had positive result. And for today’s day we have great, healthy baby.
    I share this story because I know how much time it takes to find some useful information and right people. Maybe my post will help someone.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Congratulations on your baby!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you very much

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I’m very glad that there are stories with happy end. You and your husband went through the long and difficult way to achieve your aim and make your dreams come true. I wish everybody has so much courage, strength and persistence as you.
    I wanted to ask about your diagnosis: what did your doctor told you? Can’t you use your own eggs without using of donated ones? There is a huge probability that your baby will not look like you and your hubby, but will resemble your donor!

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I was diagnosed with POF. I don’t worry for the fact that baby will not be similar to me because the donor was matched to me according to my phenotype (with the same eyes and hair color as I have, the same face shape etc.) and my husband’s sperm was used for insemination, so the baby will have connection with father on the genetic level.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am a huge fan of donor eggs and I do not think you should worry one bit about that. I can delete that post if you would like, I think that was not a very nice thing to say.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you for sharing your story. I'm glad that you took right decision and now you are parents. I know that today with all progress of reproductive medicine it is easier to find some way out. As far as I Know egg donation process isn't allowed in all countries and it is a pity( Where did you do this procedure?

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Agree that it is not fair to those woman who can't conceive naturally and are forced to use reproductive methods to complete the family. Unfortunately I also live in country where it is forbidden procedure, so our doctor (as I mentioned above) gathered a group of patients who needed this procedure and we together went to Ukraine for he procedure, there this is regulated by law.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am glad that I can share my story with other woman. Yes, not in all countries it is allowed and unfortunately we with husband live in the country where it is forbidden. But our doctor gathered a group of infertile couples who need the procedure of egg donation and we all together went to Ukraine for the procedure. There it is regulated by law.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Are you kidding? It is looks like my story, you know. But we are from Germany. There it is also forbidden procedure, so our doc gathered group to travel to another country. There were 4 couples in the group. Before going there we went through stimulation, went to the clinic, made embryo transfer and went home. Is it the same clinic??? 0_o

Page 1 of 31 12311 ... LastLast