Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ovulating?? Never can get a positive OPK but clear temp spike

Hello y'all, I have been charting the past few months and I can't seem to get a positive OPK (I also really can't hold my bladder that long as to make it concentrated enough, I pee almost every hour- hour and a half); however, mid cycle I always get a drop in temp, by about .3-.5 degrees, followed by a spike that is usually a full degree higher and it does remain far above the cover line until my period. Should I assume I am ovulating?? My cervical mucus is hard for me to follow because I usually have a lot of it (wet) regardless of where I am in my cycle sorry if thats tmi. I do notice it is more watery before the spike, and then more cloudy following. Any advice!!? Also cycle ranges from 32-35 days

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ever tried different brands? It sounds like ovulation.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah, maybe try another brand? I went straight for the expensive digital ones as I knew I wouldn't be successful with the cheapie ones. Clearblue have been spot on for me so far.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have always used the cheapies from Amazon. Maybe I will try digital- it just seems so hard to catch ovulation for me! I think I ovulate at different days as indicated by my charts, but they still follow the same pattern.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If you're having a pretty regular cycle, then the odds are very high that you are ovulating. The temps are showing you.

I think you need to talk to a doctor about the level of discharge just to be sure you don't have an infection.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Ally Day View Post
    I have always used the cheapies from Amazon. Maybe I will try digital- it just seems so hard to catch ovulation for me! I think I ovulate at different days as indicated by my charts, but they still follow the same pattern.
    I personally do not recommend the digi OPK alone because they are SOO expensive (and they aren't going to work any better for you if the issue is that your pee is too diluted to register), but they can be a good confirmation method if you get what you think is a pos OPK.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have the same issue. I have never had a positive OPK, not with different cheap strips or the CB digitals. I know that I am Oing based on CM, CP and a clear temp shift, plus I have either gotten pregnant and/or been ultrasound monitored during several cycles using OPKs. I do get a second line that darkens over several days until it is almost as dark as the control line, then it starts fading out quickly. Wondfos give me the darkest second line followed by CB digitals. I usually pee 3 times a day but I have a big bladder so my urine is rarely concentrated and I don't withhold liquids when testing. I just accept that I don't get dark lines for whatever reasons.

Over on Fertility Friend, I have observed that there are quite a number of women like us who don't get positive OPKs but do O. I think it's actually pretty common.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you, it makes me feel like I am not a loner!

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ally Day, you re not alone! This month for the first time I was using OPKs and I never got a darker line. Like you maidentomother it got gradually darker for a few days and then started to fade quickly without ever reaching same colours test line.
    I either missed the surge peak or it's just not working for me. I know I do ovulate as I have signs each months (mittelschmerz, ewcm etc...).
    2003 - 2005 - 2013
    march 2012 m/c
    April 2014 ectopic pg

Faith makes things happens

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't think I have an infection, my discharge is odorless, not irritating, and as I said just slightly white after my temp spike. When we are dtd I usually produce watery/ewcm no matter what time of the cycle (except towards AF when it certainly is drier). But I always try and keep an eye out for those terrible infections ugh yeast THE WORST

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast