Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by XXforhubby View Post
    Update: The RE basically said there is me and my body functioning normally, based on my US, my regular periods, regular positive opks, and my bbt charts. Then there is my numbers, and the two don't match up. He said he would have me keep doing what I am doing to catch the golden egg. He looked at my recent chart and said he would not be surprised to get a call from me that I am pregnant! He didn't want to give me false hope, but he said if he treated me, he would be treating my numbers. My numbers say I am well into menopause. Everything, besides my numbers, suggest that things are working properly. At my ultrasound in October, I had 12 follicles in the dominant one and 9 or 10 follicles in the non-dominant one. He thinks of we keep having well timed sex, there is no reason to think I shouldn't get pregnant. I am following Atomic's recommendations, and the RE liked everything I am doing (Atomic knows her stuff!!!).

FX Goldie the golden egg drops soon!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I also would not be at all surprised if you are pregnant all on your own without any intervention!! Come on Goldie!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just wanted to clarify one thing about the fertility diets - there are two schools of thought on this and I am honestly not sure which is best. One school of thought is that you should always stick with wholegrains, the other school of thought is that you should go glutenfree instead and that white rice is actually ok in that scenario. There is evidence pointing both directions and it may very well be the case that one approach works better for some people, others might do better going the other way.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by djmommy View Post
    What an awesome update!! Cmon GOLDIE!!!!

Did you mention that you were swaying and the LE diet? I am wondering if I should mention it when I go?
    Please don't, for your sake, because they will IMMEDIATELY seize upon that and then cease all investigations into anything further.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Just wanted to clarify one thing about the fertility diets - there are two schools of thought on this and I am honestly not sure which is best. One school of thought is that you should always stick with wholegrains, the other school of thought is that you should go glutenfree instead and that white rice is actually ok in that scenario. There is evidence pointing both directions and it may very well be the case that one approach works better for some people, others might do better going the other way.
    AS, IMO I think this is where individual genetics really come into play.

For example, on paper all white starches should be the same. Same GI, same insulin response, same contribution to weight gain. So white bread, white rice, pasta, potatoes, etc etc theoretically should all have the same affect.

And yet they don't. I swear I can eat a metric ton of white rice and not have any affect on my weight, but if I don't count EVERY bit of potato, KABOOM I'm packing on the pounds. I'm asian and I really think my genes processes rice far more efficiently than other starches.
    Me (38) and DH (38)

SAHM military momma to DS1 (2004), DS2 (who's all boy but loves to dance, though not in a tutu!) (2006), DS3 (2009), and our rainbow baby girl DD1 (2017)

early m/c Jan 2013

Cycle #1 @ HRC (Oct 2014) - 6 retrieved, 4 mature, 3 fertilized and biopsied. 1XX and 1XY abnormal. 1XX no DNA found, rebiopsied and found normal, frozen.
    FET attempt #1 (Nov 2014) - cancelled due to functional cyst. FET attempt #2 (Jan 30, 2015) - NT. Remaining embie failed to thaw.

May 2015 - started infertility treatments at OFC. Femara 2.5mg
    July 2015 - BFP after second round of Femara. Aug 4 2015 - 6w4d
    Dec 21 2015 - mmc 7w1d

Apr 2016 - IVF Cycle #2. Converted to IUI because of uneven response and leading follicles.
    Apr 19, 2016 - IUI with 3 mature follicles (2 right, 1 left), post wash: 17mil, 94% motility and 89% rapid motility. BFN.

June 3, 2016 - 5mg Femara cycle. 5w.
    Sep 1, 2016 - 5mg Femara cycle. 8w.

Our rainbow baby girl arrived on Mon Aug 28, 2017 - "After every storm comes a rainbow". We are so thankful and grateful for every moment.

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by LacePrincess View Post
    AS, IMO I think this is where individual genetics really come into play.

For example, on paper all white starches should be the same. Same GI, same insulin response, same contribution to weight gain. So white bread, white rice, pasta, potatoes, etc etc theoretically should all have the same affect.

And yet they don't. I swear I can eat a metric ton of white rice and not have any affect on my weight, but if I don't count EVERY bit of potato, KABOOM I'm packing on the pounds. I'm asian and I really think my genes processes rice far more efficiently than other starches.
    Me too! I am not of Asian descent, but I have to watch potatoes and other white starches. When I started out doing the traditional LE diet, I had a hard time getting over a plateau. For me, I have to do whole grains.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by XXforhubby View Post
    Me too! I am not of Asian descent, but I have to watch potatoes and other white starches. When I started out doing the traditional LE diet, I had a hard time getting over a plateau. For me, I have to do whole grains.

Yeah you really have to try things and figure out your own body. It's sometimes very weird! Bread for me I try to do whole grain but white doesn't seem to make me gain. Potatoes and pasta are both deadly for packing on the pounds for me.

It's a fussy balance to find for myself, as I have family genetic disposition towards diabetes (so, IR), hypertension, AND gallbladder disease. So any extreme doesn't work - too low carb high protein and my gallbladder acts up, too high carb and my IR tendencies kick in. Too much salt and high blood pressure. I have like total crap genetics to work with, LMAO.
    Me (38) and DH (38)

SAHM military momma to DS1 (2004), DS2 (who's all boy but loves to dance, though not in a tutu!) (2006), DS3 (2009), and our rainbow baby girl DD1 (2017)

early m/c Jan 2013

Cycle #1 @ HRC (Oct 2014) - 6 retrieved, 4 mature, 3 fertilized and biopsied. 1XX and 1XY abnormal. 1XX no DNA found, rebiopsied and found normal, frozen.
    FET attempt #1 (Nov 2014) - cancelled due to functional cyst. FET attempt #2 (Jan 30, 2015) - NT. Remaining embie failed to thaw.

May 2015 - started infertility treatments at OFC. Femara 2.5mg
    July 2015 - BFP after second round of Femara. Aug 4 2015 - 6w4d
    Dec 21 2015 - mmc 7w1d

Apr 2016 - IVF Cycle #2. Converted to IUI because of uneven response and leading follicles.
    Apr 19, 2016 - IUI with 3 mature follicles (2 right, 1 left), post wash: 17mil, 94% motility and 89% rapid motility. BFN.

June 3, 2016 - 5mg Femara cycle. 5w.
    Sep 1, 2016 - 5mg Femara cycle. 8w.

Our rainbow baby girl arrived on Mon Aug 28, 2017 - "After every storm comes a rainbow". We are so thankful and grateful for every moment.

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just read through your updates. So happy things are looking hopeful for you, xx! <3
    2011 early m/c, 2012, 7/2015 early m/c, praying for 2016

My Ovulation Chart
    preparing for this since March 2014, mysterious infertility, diagnosed with adrenal fatigue Jan 2016 and now treating

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am actually feeling better about going gluten free and have lost weight eating potatoes and white rice. I do have a sweet potato on occasion also. I am sticking more to white rice these days because I am really sick of potatoes and I am adding in gluten free pasta once in a while. I will see what happens at RE. My appt was moved to Feb 5 . Hopefully I will be preggo by then !! If it will help my fertility I will do whole grains.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Please don't, for your sake, because they will IMMEDIATELY seize upon that and then cease all investigations into anything further.
    Thanks Atomic. I wasn't planning on it but I wanted to see if she did just to gage a response. The questionaire asked about my diet so I may change it up a bit and see what they say.

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by djmommy View Post
    I am actually feeling better about going gluten free and have lost weight eating potatoes and white rice. I do have a sweet potato on occasion also. I am sticking more to white rice these days because I am really sick of potatoes and I am adding in gluten free pasta once in a while. I will see what happens at RE. My appt was moved to Feb 5 . Hopefully I will be preggo by then !! If it will help my fertility I will do whole grains.
    I think since you are feeling better and able to lose/maintain your weight going gluten-free, I would keep it up. It is working for you. For me, I was feeling sluggish, and not able to lose/maintain my weight going gluten-free, so I have to stick with whole grains. To boost fertility, we must listen to what are bodies tell us!

GL for your appointment! Please keep us updated!

FX we catch a healthy egg with a pink sperm!! 💕

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast