Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks XX! FX you will see a BFP in the next week!! I am not allowing anything negative to enter my mind. Although it is still early in my cycle and I haven't O'd yet!!

As far as the gluten free I do miss my breads!! I love sandwiches and haven't had one in forever it seems. Have been staying away from cold cuts for a while.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by djmommy View Post
    Thanks XX! FX you will see a BFP in the next week!! I am not allowing anything negative to enter my mind. Although it is still early in my cycle and I haven't O'd yet!!

As far as the gluten free I do miss my breads!! I love sandwiches and haven't had one in forever it seems. Have been staying away from cold cuts for a while.
    Are you gluten free just for the sway? Or do you have Celiac/gluten intolerance?

Because surely if it's just for the sway, you can go ahead and have a sandwich as a treat. It would seem to me that if it's becoming a stressor to not have it to the point you're dreaming about sandwiches, that that would count as 'swaycessing' which would sway blue.

Luckily being Chinese I am used to asian foods which is very rice based (and thus no gluten) so it's not that hard for me to make the switch. I'm not gluten intolerant so I'm not even gonna bother worrying about the bits of gluten in soy sauce, etc. I'm planning on just cutting down on the bread/wheat products in favour of rice as my staple and go from there.
    Me (38) and DH (38)

SAHM military momma to DS1 (2004), DS2 (who's all boy but loves to dance, though not in a tutu!) (2006), DS3 (2009), and our rainbow baby girl DD1 (2017)

early m/c Jan 2013

Cycle #1 @ HRC (Oct 2014) - 6 retrieved, 4 mature, 3 fertilized and biopsied. 1XX and 1XY abnormal. 1XX no DNA found, rebiopsied and found normal, frozen.
    FET attempt #1 (Nov 2014) - cancelled due to functional cyst. FET attempt #2 (Jan 30, 2015) - NT. Remaining embie failed to thaw.

May 2015 - started infertility treatments at OFC. Femara 2.5mg
    July 2015 - BFP after second round of Femara. Aug 4 2015 - 6w4d
    Dec 21 2015 - mmc 7w1d

Apr 2016 - IVF Cycle #2. Converted to IUI because of uneven response and leading follicles.
    Apr 19, 2016 - IUI with 3 mature follicles (2 right, 1 left), post wash: 17mil, 94% motility and 89% rapid motility. BFN.

June 3, 2016 - 5mg Femara cycle. 5w.
    Sep 1, 2016 - 5mg Femara cycle. 8w.

Our rainbow baby girl arrived on Mon Aug 28, 2017 - "After every storm comes a rainbow". We are so thankful and grateful for every moment.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    for those who are going gluten free as a preventative measure or for upping egg quality, it is ok to occasionally have a gluten-based cheat. YOu'll still be getting the benefits of less gluten for your fertility but it can help to satisfy the craving.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    DJmommy- what brand of folate do you take and how much is it? I am thinking about switching.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by LacePrincess View Post
    Are you gluten free just for the sway? Or do you have Celiac/gluten intolerance?

Because surely if it's just for the sway, you can go ahead and have a sandwich as a treat. It would seem to me that if it's becoming a stressor to not have it to the point you're dreaming about sandwiches, that that would count as 'swaycessing' which would sway blue.

Luckily being Chinese I am used to asian foods which is very rice based (and thus no gluten) so it's not that hard for me to make the switch. I'm not gluten intolerant so I'm not even gonna bother worrying about the bits of gluten in soy sauce, etc. I'm planning on just cutting down on the bread/wheat products in favour of rice as my staple and go from there.
    I am really doing it for the sway but I actually feel better. My DS2 is gluten intolerant so I have beem trying to do it along with him. As far as a sandwich, I am staying away from the sandwich lunch meat that is not good for fertility. And I have had my cheats..Lasagna and garlic bread on Christmas and cookies too!! YUM! If I didn't I would have really gone crazy!!!! I actually don't mind it but won't freak out on myself if I have a cheat which makes things easier.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by XXforhubby View Post
    DJmommy- what brand of folate do you take and how much is it? I am thinking about switching.

I am taking Solgar folate and I just ordered it from Vitacost and paid like $12.00 for 100 tablets. 800 mcg 2 x a day. I haven't checked Amazon out yet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by djmommy View Post
    I am taking Solgar folate and I just ordered it from Vitacost and paid like $12.00 for 100 tablets. 800 mcg 2 x a day. I haven't checked Amazon out yet.
    Amazon has the same one for $12.09. I am going to order some, because I am almost out of my Folic Acid. Thank you!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I take Solgar Folate as well and also get it on Amazon. Two 800mcg tablets a day.
    Me: 35 years old. Was an infant nanny and birth and postpartum doula. Now a full time SAHM.
    DS1: Aug 2003 (my first home birthed water baby!)
    DS2: May 2009 (my second home birthed water baby!)
    Oct 2014
    July 2016: Laproscopic surgery to remove a ping pong ball sized endometrioma on left ovary and 3 pea size fibroids on outside of uterus. Hysteroscopy to remove one larger "penetrating fibroid" inside uterus.
    Oct 2016: Heartbroken after DH's vasectomy. Looks like my dreams of a daughter are gone.

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If I don't get a BFP this cycle, I am going to try acupuncture. There is a well respected practitioner in my hometown that is extremely affordable. I have something to look forward to either way!!

Have any of you ladies tried, or thought about trying, acupuncture?

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Today is my first acupuncture appointment! I am excited! 😃

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast