Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Still No O

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Still No O

I just want a little advice on what you ladies would do in my situation. I've only been off BC since October, but have only O'd once about a month ago, which my doctor believes ended in a chemical. I was estatic that I thought I could actually conceive, but after starting off another long cycle again this month (currently on CD29), I'm starting to lose hope again. I've read that after a certain amount of time that the uterine lining gets old and can't hang on to an egg to implant so I feel like if this is true, I am doomed to this until I get some outside help or do something else. I know my body is gearing up for O as I can feel the cramps, I'll get super bloated (almost feel like AF bloat/cramps some days), right ovary twinges, etc., but it just will not get it done. I don't know if I have low progesterone or what, but I just feel like the past 5 months have been looking down a very long dark tunnel with no light at the end.

I trust you ladies more than anything else out there on the internet, so I just want to know what you guys would do. Should I wait it out a little bit longer to see what happens? Try different supplements? Go to the doctor to have levels tested? I've been trying to be as natural as possible up to this point because I'd love for my body to do things itself, it's just getting frustrating. I've woken up the past two nights really hot and sweaty but my temp is still around the 97.1-97.3 range. Just looking for a little bit of advice or hope!

P.S. I know I'm missing a ton of temps a few days ago - we went on vacation and I just told myself I wasn't going to take my BBT and temp - I needed a mental break. It was so refreshing.
    DS1 5/2016
    Baby #2 due May 2018

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If it were me, I wouldn't worry about reading o symptoms, and temping would drive me insane, especially as small things can throw it off! Pick up some internet cheapie opk strips (I bought mine from Amazon) and start testing from there, maybe from CD9 or so and see how it goes.

18/5/13 (4+5 wks) 27/8/13 (4+6 wks)
    Jamie (12/6/14)

3. Likes XXforhubby liked this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    After I got off BC pills my cycles were very wonky. I had one cycle that was nearly 60 days long. We ended up conceiving on my 4th cycle and it took nearly 5 months. I would wait a couple more months in your situation. BC really does a number on your hormones and your body needs to regulate itself a little more. Good luck! I know how frustrating this can be.

Oh and on my 60 day cycle I had 3 or 4 false LH surges. It was a mess!

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh also list the supps you are taking. A few of them can delay O.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks ladies for the support and advice! Bunnywabbit: I've been doing Wondfo OPKs as well, but those are also frustrating because when I start to have O symptoms, they obviously show no O. And like Belleboi said, I had false LH surges in November and December. I stopped doing them in January for that reason and only picked them back up this cycle after my BBT showed I did actually O back in the middle of February. I started doing them at CD13 this cycle and they would get darker, but never positive, and this cycle would repeat itself.

Definitely trying to be patient - I've come a long ways since November as far as my body regulating itself so I am happy for that! Just get down and frustrated some days.

EDIT: I'm only taking a prenatal with DHA and extra vitamin D.
    DS1 5/2016
    Baby #2 due May 2018

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Why did your doc think it was a chemical???

Try not to worry too much about your lining, old eggs, etc. If your lining gets bad, your body just sloughs it off. And the concerns about "old eggs" have never been proven and are in much, much longer cycles (some women go 6-12 months without ovulating, regularly)

That having been said, I think that you may benefit from Provera to have a bleed and then that may help kickstart ovulation. The prob. is that your doctor may not see it this way. I think their slavish insistence on waiting around for 7000 years for something to happen when people want to TTC is ridiculous.

Don't start playing around with supplements, I have seen it happen time and again where people start taking things to "fix a problem" and then it only makes matters worse.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So the weird thing was, I was getting BFNs up until I went to the doctor's, then got the faint positive, but my HCG level was only at a 9 and when we tested again 72 hours later it was at a 4. So, she just said that it couldn't implant for whatever reason and we kind of left it at that. I should have asked more, but assumed it had already come and gone and was just kind of ready to start over.

Thanks for the reassurance on the lining/egg debacle. I've read that a time or two so was really worried about that and felt like this was a lost cause to keep going if things were too "old" and wouldn't implant any way. I was wondering though about maybe just asking for a progesterone test since I'm CD29, and if they don't see any elevated levels of progesterone then they could maybe help with that? Still trying to be patient though, but it just really sucks when I feel like I get really excited, DH and I BD like crazy and then nothing. I think he's starting to think I'm losing it and doesn't always believe me when I say, "But we have to do it NOW since I might be ovulating!" because then it turns out that I don't.

I'm never ever going back on BC again.
    DS1 5/2016
    Baby #2 due May 2018

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    oh my husband had the exact same reaction when I'd say it was time to BD like rabbits during my crazy cycles. Those supps you are taking are great. I'd also call the doctor to see what they say. When I was getting ready to call mine, my cycle finally ended and I was able to start back at CD1. The waiting game is rough!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    In sorry that this is happening to you! I agree and would call your doctor to see what they can do for you. It can take a while for things to balance out after stopping BC. My dear friend took 5-6 months before she could conceive after stopping BC. Don't give up! I know it is hard when you want something so badly, but I would keep having well timed BDing, use OPKs if they don't make you go crazy, and try to be patient. It WILL happen for you. Just don't start taking this supplement or that medication to try and "fix" something that may just need a bit of time, without talking it over with your doctor first or without careful consideration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ugh. I was really hoping last cycle was a fluke. I would personally try to find an aggressive dr even lie about how long you've been TTC in order to get a full work up and meds. Injectables + IUI would sway blue and definitely help speed things along.

What were your cycles like before BC?

I would keep temping, OPKing, and observing CM and CP daily (my cervix is the only fertile sign that has never misled me), and I'd do everything you can to ignore any other O symptoms like cramping/bloating./ovary pain, since those symptoms are very deceptive. Keep BDing every other day and do not assume anything based on anything...less disappointment that way.
    Last edited by maidentomother; March 17th, 2015 at 06:09 PM.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after removìng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast