Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I spotted on and off the first month or so after I got it but nothing major, then after that every month or so I'd spot for a couple days which I just considered my AF. Are you talking full on AF bleeding or spotting? Either way it sucks but I'd be especially concerned if you are bleeding heavily and for that long. No wonder you are quick to get it out. If it'd been the same for me I don't think I'd of made it very far past month 1 either! Yikes!
    Our family is complete
    My precious babies: 2006 , 2010 2016
    Too beautiful for earth: 2009- (20+5). 2015- (8w), CP, (8w)

Please pardon typos~ Nursing @ keyboard

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by twointow83 View Post
    I spotted on and off the first month or so after I got it but nothing major, then after that every month or so I'd spot for a couple days which I just considered my AF. Are you talking full on AF bleeding or spotting? Either way it sucks but I'd be especially concerned if you are bleeding heavily and for that long. No wonder you are quick to get it out. If it'd been the same for me I don't think I'd of made it very far past month 1 either! Yikes!
    Pretty steadily a flow, some days juat spotting, but usually a flow that requires a pad. I can't wait until it's out lol. I constantly feel like I'm being stabbed in the uterus. If this thing causes me trouble TTC I'm going to cry.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I can't say if it will or it won't.... I got mine taken out when my youngest was 7 months old and he just turned 5 so it has been a long while since I had it in. But I can say that even with all the issues I had and the length of time I had it in that 4+ years later I got preg without even trying. I lost that baby but it had nothing to do with the mirena. Sorry, I can't be more helpful on that topic :/
    Our family is complete

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Not to thread jack, just wanted to agree. I have a lot of issues with hormonal BC, I am very sensitive to it. I had requested the copper but I live in the "bible belt" so my doc's office is anti-copper because they said it "doesn't prevent conception, just implantation". Don't know why that makes it bad, women conceive all the time without implantation
    That isn't even true, for the vast part. Mostly the copper acts as a spermicide, and it's rare for conception to occur.

Forgot to add...I have taken the same progestin the Mirena excrtes orally and had horrific side effects, completely intolerable. I've tried almost a dozen different BC pills, combined and POP, the NuvaRing, and the OrthoEvra Patch, and all at the very least (the worst being really bad many times over) made me super dry vaginally, which really reduces my pleasure so I don't even want to have sex. I'm soooo happy copper IUDs exist, I LOVED the 2 different models I had over 6 years.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have tried every form of BC except the arm implant, depo and the patch. I can't use any of them. I am even allergic to spermicide. I wish my docs would have let me try the copper, at least then I wouldn't have had a migraine for 6 months but in the end I think it would have been the same pain-wise.

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk
    Our family is complete

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by cjolsnr View Post
    Pretty steadily a flow, some days juat spotting, but usually a flow that requires a pad. I can't wait until it's out lol. I constantly feel like I'm being stabbed in the uterus. If this thing causes me trouble TTC I'm going to cry.
    Btw, do you know exactly when you'll be getting it out?

Our family is complete

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Btw, do you know exactly when you'll be getting it out?

I don't yet, I haven't scheduled an appointment.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm also allergic to spermicide, violently so (my skin everwhere is super sensitive and I can use only a few items from Whole Foods, nothing from conventional drugstores). I'm also allergic to synthetic lubes (I used olive/coconut oil until organic aloe based lubes came out) and very sensitive to latex (not that I think sex with any condom is much worth it).

On the Patch had full blown migraines with aura and crazy visual disturbances, daily, that got increasingly worse until I had a mini stroke after a week. So I get it. Go out of state and get yourself a Paraguard, or try Planned Parenthood. After you have your daughter of course!

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by cjolsnr View Post
    I don't yet, I haven't scheduled an appointment.
    Keep us posted if you want to. for a smooth going removal.

Sorry if we are thread jacking btw...

Our family is complete

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Keep us posted if you want to. for a smooth going removal.

Sorry if we are thread jacking btw...

I'll definitely keep you all posted Not thread jacking at all!

11. Likes twointow83 liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast