Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by begonia View Post
    I mean clearly it isn't impossible with low count ... it just means it will likely take longer, right? I'm just wondering since you'll O again soon if they had any recommendations you could implement NOW to help with this cycle. I think the Clomid and Estra-whatever can't hurt ... how much longer did you plan on trying those out? I know the E is new this cycle, and this is round 3 Clomid, right?
    Yep, we will still try, of course. I can't take Clomid much longer, the max is 6 months because it starts to damage your lining if taken longer than that. And if you aren't getting pg with Clomid, odds are you have a male factor issue, which VOILA, I freaking do now. I guess I shouldn't lose all hope, we did have those two m/c......I just don't know what to do.
    (2002) (2005) from 1st marriage. TTC since Aug 2010- Dx: low sperm count and 1% normal sperm. We are giving up and moving on with a baby-free life.
    UPDATE: surprise bfp in Feb 2013! It's a BOY!

NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would go ahead and see what the urologist finds.

And you're right you know ... you need to keep some hope because yes, he has gotten you pg twice. Just keep pumping him full of vitamins, and BD every 48, and eventually it will happen. I mean honestly, it could still happen this month or next month or much sooner than you think. His count is low but you have to remember it only takes ONE sperm to do the trick.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Freaking dance belt, BTW! When he got you pg before were times that he wasn't having to wear it as much, right?

And am I correct in remembering he got you pg once loooong ago, like before or right after you were married and we're even really TTC? Just thinking about it in terms of the odds you're up against ... and realistically, even with low count, you've had some success getting sperm to meet egg. Now with all the supps built up we have to hope that next time it's a sticky one

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am so sorry lola I agree with everyone else it is possible to get pregnant, I know they ended in m/c but a sperm made it to the egg and fertilized it, so the dr saying its impossible is wrong imo, you got 2 pregnancies that a sperm made it to the egg and fertilized it so there is hope that it can happen again and be healthy *hugs*
    Married for 20yrs, SAHM to 7 healthy boys and one surprise daughter(2021)

Sometimes God's plan is different than what you had in mind, but His plan is always better and He might surprise you later

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, Begonia, you are right. We had an oops when we had been dating for a couple of months, and I could not deal with that in the way I wished I could have. YKWIM. So, you are right, it may not be as bleak as I'm thinking right now.....

I don't know if the dancebelt is the big factor though....we ttc for 3 months now post m/c when he was not wearing it at all and nothing.
    (2002) (2005) from 1st marriage. TTC since Aug 2010- Dx: low sperm count and 1% normal sperm. We are giving up and moving on with a baby-free life.

NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!

Dream Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm so sorry, Lola, lots of love and hugs to you, I hope you can work it out, xxx

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm so sorry Lola! I am in agreement with Begonia and the others- I think you still have a really good chance at getting pregnant. A really close of friend of mine had her hubby send in a SA and it came back under 1 million. He took all the supps for 6 months and did another SA and it came back under 2 million. They crossed their fingers and just kept doing everything possible- hips elavated, preseed etc and after 16 months they were pregnant The Dr had told them it was sperm donor or IVF and he was shocked when he found out that DH had gotten her pregnant.

I'm sorry that you feel so down and lost with what to do Hugs hugs from me and I'm sending every ounce of baby dust your way~~~~ Keep the hope alive, Hun xoxox
    Crunchy Mama to 3 rambunctious boys~ '06 :bike: '08 '10

Our beautiful is here!!

Felina Lilyanne was born at home ~ 4/12!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am so sorry Lola! I am not a doctor and maybe this is a totally stupid idea, but if IVF is totally too much $, IUI is much less expensive- maybe they could get a few round of DH's semen frozen, and then combine several batches for one shot? That would at least give you a better shot and its much less expensive I think?
    and my HT

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by lindi View Post
    I am so sorry Lola! I am not a doctor and maybe this is a totally stupid idea, but if IVF is totally too much $, IUI is much less expensive- maybe they could get a few round of DH's semen frozen, and then combine several batches for one shot? That would at least give you a better shot and its much less expensive I think?
    That is a great idea!

Lola, I am so sorry! I honestly didn't think the results would be so bad. But the ray of hope is that you have been pg from DH before, and it can happen again! This has to be so hard for you. I wish I could help you somehow. Try that vitamin that Dr. Potter recommends. Maybe it has something special in it that DH hasn't been taking?

I hope the urologist has some ideas.

Sending you big hugs! I am really, really sorry this is happening to you!
    2004 2006 2010 2012

My BOY sway worked!! THANK YOU GENDER DREAMING!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks everyone. Lindi, I keep reading that clinics won't even let you do an IUI at that level.....usually if it's under 5million, they send you straight to the IVF clinic, for ICSI. BUT, you all are right, and DM, thanks for sharing that story....I think my only option at this point is to give DH the Naturally Smart vits or something similar, and just keep at it. Unfortunately, I think I may need to drop swaying....or at least just go to normal healthy me without the massive amount of high-everything diet food. We will hit the urologist soon and see if there is something fixable that is wrong. Again, thanks everyone. I am just so crushed, this was the LAST thing I expected to hear also. My poor DH is so sad also. I can tell he feels really bad, even though I have assured him that there is no fault here, ya know.

NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast