Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm so sorry to hear about your bad news Lola, and I really hope you can find a way to get pg anyway . You managed before, so I think there is good hope still! You know when I got pregnant, DH had been on Pycnogenol for three months, the exact time it takes to improve sperm quality according to the studies, so I'm not sure whether that helped us or not, but I definately think all male nutrients must be a help. Don't forget they improve the quality of the existing sperm as well, so even if you just get 2 million hard fighters there you're in for a much better chance than 2 million of the usual quality. The reason for the needed high sperm count is that only a small proportion have enough energy and are capable of swimming well enough to make it, so maybe those nutrients will really make a difference! Thinking of you! xxxxx
    2005, swayed for boy, arrived 25/11/2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Freya and ZB for the hopeful stories! Our strategy now is the super vitamins (Naturally Smart) that Dr. Potter recommends, which have like 50 things in them, so we will see how that helps. ZB, that is interesting to know they got pg with the varicocele thing and twice too.......

Again, I really appreciate everyone's love and advice....you ladies are fabulous!
    (2002) (2005) from 1st marriage. TTC since Aug 2010- Dx: low sperm count and 1% normal sperm. We are giving up and moving on with a baby-free life.
    UPDATE: surprise bfp in Feb 2013! It's a BOY!

NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You are fabulous Lola
    m/c 2001
    2012 failed sway
    2014 my surprise baby

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My DH never had surgery for his varicocele and I am pregnant for the 4th time now so you never know. Praying for a healthy little one for you. Good luck.
    2006 2007 2009 due May 2012
    BFP at 11 dpo.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Love

Hi Lola, I just saw this now, I am so very sorry hun, but I agree with others. Remember that it only takes one sperm to make a baby, keep your thoughts positive (no matter what).Believe miracles could happen. Sending you lots of love and gentle hugs
    Mom to
    (My boys sways worked twice!!) Thank you God

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm sorry, hun. I hope the vitamins helps improve his count. If he got you pg 4 times he can do it again! Hang in there!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you, ZB!!!! And shouldihope, that is good to hear. Thanks everyone for your hugs and support!!!! Good to see you again too, MFC!
    (2002) (2005) from 1st marriage. TTC since Aug 2010- Dx: low sperm count and 1% normal sperm. We are giving up and moving on with a baby-free life.

NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My son is convinced Maca Root is a good way to go. I'd never heard of it before but hubby is trying it anyway. My son gave him a jar of it for Christmas. We're still doing IVF but this is our "out" for our "oopsie".

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by tinksmagic View Post
    My son is convinced Maca Root is a good way to go. I'd never heard of it before but hubby is trying it anyway. My son gave him a jar of it for Christmas. We're still doing IVF but this is our "out" for our "oopsie".
    Hey there! Maca is supposed to be good for that....its a superfood. I am pretty sure it's one of the ingredients in my DH's fertility vitamins. Does your DH have low count? I go up and down about ivf, but we have really come to the conclusion that we can't afford it anytime soon, and with my age, that is a bad thing (I'll be 36 in a couple of weeks). I'd so love to see you get an oopsie!

NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by LolaInLove View Post
    Hey there! Maca is supposed to be good for that....its a superfood. I am pretty sure it's one of the ingredients in my DH's fertility vitamins. Does your DH have low count? I go up and down about ivf, but we have really come to the conclusion that we can't afford it anytime soon, and with my age, that is a bad thing (I'll be 36 in a couple of weeks). I'd so love to see you get an oopsie!
    Thank you! Hubby isn't the problem, oddly enough, he's superman in that department (and he'll be the first to tell you!, lol). I'm the broken one. After 4 kids, I can no longer get preggers on my own (thyroidectomy and badly scarred/missing tubes ~ still unsure what's going on with them!!!).
    Hubby is taking the maca anyway (hoping to enforce healthy squirmy worms) since our last cycle resulted in m/c (unsure why too, he just was so small!). Since I have adult children who just don't understand why we want 2 more, we're using the maca as our excuse as to why we got preggers (hoping that we do, in fact!!!).

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast