Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Sad Face DH's semen analysis is in.....it's bad. Anyone have any low count miracle recipes?

So, they said a normal count is between 40-60 million. His is below 2 million, and they told me he needs to see a urologist and this is exactly why we aren't conceiving.

Anyone have a similar issue and know of something that helped, a drug or herb or vitamin, maybe a witch doctor?
    (2002) (2005) from 1st marriage. TTC since Aug 2010- Dx: low sperm count and 1% normal sperm. We are giving up and moving on with a baby-free life.
    UPDATE: surprise bfp in Feb 2013! It's a BOY!

NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    ohhh im soooo sory Lola ((( , are these sperm healthy ?? my brother has very low sperm count and also with some head damaged and low motility , they suggested him IVF ................... urologist is good idea though.
    2007 2009 and TTC in 2012

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, do you have Infertility benefits? That would qualify you. HT guys take something like Fertility Blend for Men from GNC. Dr Potter recommended another one. I would start that ASAP. Definitely see the doc though.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Unfortunately, my insurance doesn't cover infertility. He's been taking a slew of supplements for well over 6 months now, many for a year. I can't even imagine how bad his count would be without that, ya know? I don't know, I'm just devastated. I just did some research and it seems that at that level, they recommend IVF with ICSI....especially when DW, me, is 35 and doesn't have all the time in the world. And I can't afford it at all. I wonder how he got me pg the last 2 times, although they were early m/c and blighted ovum?
    (2002) (2005) from 1st marriage. TTC since Aug 2010- Dx: low sperm count and 1% normal sperm. We are giving up and moving on with a baby-free life.

NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Light, they didn't have the whole report in on the blood cells, etc, so she would only tell me his count is severely low.

NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Lola- Im so sorry for the low numbers. try the fertility blend what NBP said anyway! You got pregnant 2 times already so it can work right? At least you know that there is nothing wrong with you and you don't need clomid and all the extra stuff so you can relax on that side.
    +1

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh Lola. Oh goodness. I really didn't expect this. I mean we knew the dance-belt thing wasn't ideal, but wow. And with all the supps he's been on too. So the doc's only thought was urologist? What would that be able to do? Just confirm it or potentially find a way to help it?

Well, hun, at least you can quit kicking yourself for your age, etc since clearly you were facing other obstacles you didn't even know about. The good news (I always have to try to find some, I know it can be annoying ) IMO is now you know what's up. Now it's a matter of figuring out what can help. So I'm super curious to know what the urologist might be able to do/find ...

Crazy though that 2 million swimmers isn't enough So with low count did they have a thought on the frequency you BD?

HUGS lady. Oh how much I wish this could be easier for you!!!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm so sorry for the bad news Lola, of course you're devestated. I happened to see that Dr Potter started a thread in the 'ask the expert' section, wanting to compare notes with Dr H re male fertility supplements. Might be worth seeking out. It is interesting that he got you pregnant twice before though isn't it? {hugs}
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by LolaInLove View Post
    I wonder how he got me pg the last 2 times, although they were early m/c and blighted ovum?
    I mean clearly it isn't impossible with low count ... it just means it will likely take longer, right? I'm just wondering since you'll O again soon if they had any recommendations you could implement NOW to help with this cycle. I think the Clomid and Estra-whatever can't hurt ... how much longer did you plan on trying those out? I know the E is new this cycle, and this is round 3 Clomid, right?

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks everyone. Well, the doctor didn't say anything about any of that. It was really a conversation based on telling me that I would probably never get pregnant by this man naturally. He had a 48 hour cutoff between releases for the SA, so that would be the optimal one also. They do say on the low count sites that to abstain is NOT a good idea at all, that low count guys should release every other day at least.

Only thing a urologist can do is look to see if he has a varocele or infection or something causing it, but there really is little they can do realistically with this low of a count. I guess we'll go ahead and send him, but I can't imagine what help it would be. I could start him on the naturally smart vitamins or fertility blend or whatever, but he's taken the same ingredients for over 6 months now, so I think what he's working with now is the best he's going to get, but maybe I'm wrong.

NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast