Thread: TTC on Femara

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

TTC on Femara

Last month I started femara and my dr confirmed I ovulated with a level of 13.9. I was so sure we conceived this month, only for AF to show yesterday. So, tomorrow I start my second round of Femara. My dr will only allow me to be on it for 3 months. I was originally trying to sway girl, but at this point we just want a healthy baby. That being said, can anyone give any tips for us to conceive. We frequently BD, usually every single day. I elevate my hips, I try everything I can think of. We haven't had any issues conceiving until after my MC almost a year ago. Now, we can't seem to conceive no matter what we do.
    Anyone have any tips or even femara round 2 success stories? I just really need some encouragement..

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi there! If you're just trying to conceive asap then I'd change bding to eod (e2d) rather than every day. Gives time for hubbys swimmers to recover and maintains a healthy turnover. Bding every day is very likely draining the sperm tank far too much and keeping it too low to count come crunch time. Another alternative is SMEP (sperm meets egg plan) bd eod from cd8 and then three days in a row at pos opk, skip a day then bd the following. SMEP has quite a good success rate. Keep doing the elevated hips. Maybe consider some fertility acupuncture? And try and put the femara time limit out of your head as I believe these 'time limits' can really hinder our chances of conceiving somehow (a mental thing I suppose even if it seems we aren't focused on it...) Wishing you all the best and hope to see you update with a bfp in the very near future I will post the link to the July 2ww thread if you'd like to join us there. It really should be called a ttc thread rather than a 2ww thread as there are ladies there that are at all different stages in their cycles, not just the 2ww. It's mostly before the 2ww we need advice/support so please feel free to pop in anytime, especially if you need a quick answer or while you're waiting for answers in your own thread

Jubilant July 2WW

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

3. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes what PB said - you can't BD every day when TTC because while I know it's counterintuitive, you're actually LOWERING odds of conception. Every other day or even going to SMEP Sperm Meets Egg Plan will be better chances than every day (and be sure hubby is not releasing on his own on the off days, we need the swimmers to accrue for a little while there)

Agree 110% as well with trying to keep that time limit out of your head as much as possible. I do want to ease your mind a little in that the effects of the Femara last longer than just the months you take it, and I've seen several successful pregnancies that month or two coming off either Clomid or Femara.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you ladies! We will try that this month. And I will TRY to get the time limit out of my head. I kno DH is sick of hearing me obsess over all of this!

Pbn3- I've read a bunch of the TWW threads and you girls all seem so close that I was nervous to jump in! Thank you

6. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mtolbert please join us by all means!! You will be welcomed warmly and feel like part of the group in no time at all! There's only a handful in the 2ww that are ttc, the rest of us just visit regularly, well all the time 😂

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

8. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post