Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

AF-Type Cramps and Ovulation?

Normally around the time of ovulation, I have sharp pains in one side.

Today is CD9 or 10 for me (the reason I don't know is I'm just coming off my first cycle after m/c in which I spotted almost every day. I'm not sure exactly what day the spotting became af). I'm having some pretty bad af-like cramps in my lower abdomen today - just a dull, regular ache not sharp pains. I don't usually have this around O. Has anyone else?

My OPKs are still negative, but I'm starting to have a wee bit of ewcm and my cervix is softening and opening. We've been trying to get to 7 days of frequent release before dtd (we're swaying pink), but I want to make sure I don't miss O entirely! We've had 5 days so far and I planned to have dh release tonight and tomorrow before we start dtd for real....but should I take those cramps as a sign that O could be imminent and start dtd earlier? FYI, the earliest I've ever had O according to FF is CD13, but I know a m/c can really mess up your cycle.

Advice, anyone?
    Identical Twin Boys, May 2006

DS3, June 2009

Lost at 11 Weeks, November 2011

DD, September 2012

I can't believe I have a daughter!
    Thank you everyone at Gender Dreaming and may all your dreams come true as well!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have far worse 'period' pains around O than I do when I have AF - they're more often than not a general aching in my tummy and/or back rather than a one sided stabbing pain, but they can come days in advance (as can EWCM). If I were you I'd be happy to stick with my original plan but continue to keep a close eye on things. Even if you hadn't DTD before your first +OPK (if it surprised you!) then you could still get in 3 attempts around O and stand a good chance of conceiving. Good luck whatever you decide - I hope it comes early just so you don't have to worry too much about having an attempt at the in-laws!!
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks, Z. I think I'm more worried because last month I never got a +OPK, yet according to FF I did ovulate (I had a strong thermal shift). It's good to know you can get days of cramps before O actually happens - it makes me think things are still on schedule for me to O in a few days. I think we'll hold off dtd tonight and see what happens with my OPK tomorrow. If I get a +, what do you think of the idea of me having him release a few hours before our attempt then dtd - it would be 6 days of FR + one day with a release before our attempt. Would that be enough, do you think?

DS3, June 2009

DD, September 2012

Thank you everyone at Gender Dreaming and may all your dreams come true as well!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would be happy with that in your position
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks, Z - I normally have a pretty good idea what's going on with my body - it's soooo frustrating to have everything change after my m/c! I just want to have O over with so I can be in the 2WW.

DS3, June 2009

DD, September 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Mochagirl View Post
    Normally around the time of ovulation, I have sharp pains in one side.

Today is CD9 or 10 for me (the reason I don't know is I'm just coming off my first cycle after m/c in which I spotted almost every day. I'm not sure exactly what day the spotting became af)....

Advice, anyone?
    I have had 2 m/c in the past, and it took my body about 2 cycles to get fully regular. We ttc the month after both of them and I don't think I actually ovulated in either of those cycles. I ended up getting bfp again the 2nd month after each m/c...it wasn't until my 3rd pregnancy that my doctor put me on a prescription for progesterone after I got a bfp b/c my levels were so low. I've had 3 successful pregnancies since then with no complications! FX for you and so sorry for your loss.
    '05 '06 '06 '08 '10 '11 '12 '13

Super shocking surprise BFP without ttc! EDD Jan 7, 2015 with a !

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks, Yahmama - and I'm sorry you had to go through this twice. I know miscarriages can do a real number on your cycle, but since I ovulated last month I'm hoping I will again this month

DS3, June 2009

DD, September 2012