Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

This whole wrong gender business is making me scared...

hi all, i have not been posting on here much as after two failed pgd cycles i finally am pregnant with my much awaited wanted boy after 2 dd's. im 33 weeks now and still have not put down my sway as i just feel until i dont hold my boy in my arms im to scared to beleive it....ive had

a cvs done - confirmed boy Dr Nicoloddias clinic (one of the best in the field)
    a nub guess by Dr Nicoloddias clnic - told boy
    14 week gender scan - confirmed boy
    16 gender scan confirmed boy
    20 weeks gender scan confirmed boy
    4 more scans - confirmed boy

now most people would be convinced right? and i finally was getting excited and now this business with poor pink4me and thrown me....its just my worst nightmare and i can sleep about worrying about it...please put my mind at rest....i should be relaxing and enjoying my last few weeks but instead im in a panick...what if my guess were human error....god forbid....

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It is definitely a boy! U can relax !
    and our beautiful ivf pgd genesis

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree!! I think it's got us all worried (I'm only 12 weeks through PGD and have NO gender confirmation yet). BUT, with that many scans, darlin'- you can rest assured it's a boy!! You'll see!!
    Proud Mom to my gorgeous 2008, and 2010. Lights of my life!!

Pretesting "normal". FSH 7.5

Cycle 1: HRC Feb 10 2012
    Started off slow on 225 Gonal F, 1 Meno; increased to 300 Gonal F and over responded. 27 eggs received, 19 mature, 15 fert, only 8 to GSN, all terrible quality- only one normal XY. NT. Boo.

Cycle 2: HRC May 2012
    Took DHEA (only 25-50 mg/day), royal jelly, bee propolis, CoQ10. Antagonist cycle with growth hormone. Started off with 300 Gonal-F and quickly moved down to 150 Gonal-F and rode it out. 43 eggs, 35 mature, 30 fert, 9 to Day 5 GSN, 1 normal XY and two normal XX. Froze all.
    July 2012 - FET at HRC, transferred 1 XX expanding blast. ???

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    What she is going through isn't the same. You've had ALL boy confirmations so you are 100% fine! You just cannot spend energy worrying about this especially after all the confirmation you've had. It's hard, I know. I'll believe it when I see it!
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You definitely are having a little !! Relax and enjoy the rest of your pregnancy. I can totally understand your fears though!!
    Gabriel 6 Gavin 4 Gunner 3 Gage 18mths (failed DD sway)

TTC a sweet little girl! 2016

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's hard not to worry sometimes, but you have all those confirmations! Go buy something blue!
    My awesome boys!
    (1988) (1991) (2010) (2012)

TTC my last one. A little girl, please!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Try not to stress about things like that, you are a success story!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's a boy!!
    When I was told I was having a DD after 2 boys I didn't believe it, I spent so much time obsessing over u/s pictures and such for no reason thinking it was wrong and i didn't believe it when I should have just been happy, when we lost her I actually felt really guilty for worrying about *that* the whole time and not just how she was doing.
    Anyway, it wasn't wrong and I realized how silly I was to worry it was wrong, I know people always say that happens but I think thats the exception..not the rule.
    Mommy to DS1 (3) DS2 (1 1/2) angel baby DD lost at 20 weeks (5/12) and another angel baby DD at 17 weeks due to ??? (12/12)

Next option will be HT eventually...

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks ladies... I should just relax but I'm so excited it's my boy that I'm scared the gender might change... Although I believe cvs is more accurate than scan? So that should be enough reasurance? Does anyone know of a cvs or amnio being wrong?