Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    well...i think there is a twist to it that makes it slightly more complicated them that....the lab tech actually got on the phone and explained it to me...which was really cool.... she said that some pregnancys.....very early on start out with two embys and one may absorb or dissolve... which is kinda common....so she said if someone didn't have an early ultrasound to know if this has or hasn't occured then it could through the test off if the blood is taken too early. After ten weeks they know how much of the fetal dna should be present per fetus. That is why you have to do it 10 weeks or later. At that point it's pretty much foolproof! YAY!! I could still do flips!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Makes total sense. I had no idea that the double embryo thing was so common! Well, for $300 or whatever it was, it will be worth it to me to know the gender. I just don't know how psycho about gender I will be (of course not even pg yet)....maybe I'll be nonchalant and afraid to hear girl again so won't want to know gender till birth. Anyway, I bet you are over the moon! So fabulous! Enjoy some blue shopping, girl!
    (2002) (2005) from 1st marriage. TTC since Aug 2010- Dx: low sperm count and 1% normal sperm. We are giving up and moving on with a baby-free life.
    UPDATE: surprise bfp in Feb 2013! It's a BOY!

NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Lola i hear you on this one, i think i'll be scared to hear girl so i bet i'm going to be a nightmare for my DH because i'll be changing my mind all the time about finding out. I'd like not to know so that i can just accept what i get but then it would kill me not knowing lool

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by babydes56 View Post
    Lola i hear you on this one, i think i'll be scared to hear girl so i bet i'm going to be a nightmare for my DH because i'll be changing my mind all the time about finding out. I'd like not to know so that i can just accept what i get but then it would kill me not knowing lool
    I am EXACT same way....but I know I'll be in there at that u/s and not be able to resist....and may be able to tell the difference also with having seen the triple lines twice already. I remember at DD2's big u/s, I even asked her if she could get a good potty shot up and let me guess, and sure enough, she positioned the wand just right and bam, 3 lines clear as day. I really wasn't that upset as I always kinda wanted 2 girls and 2 boys, but my ex-dh sure was.

I'm too much of a planner, though, and sorta Type A personality, so I am sure I'll want to know.....and I bet I'll splurge for this test also!
    (2002) (2005) from 1st marriage. TTC since Aug 2010- Dx: low sperm count and 1% normal sperm. We are giving up and moving on with a baby-free life.

NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    i was so nervous before opening the document in the email...that i couldn't see straight and had a cold sweat! I was down right shaking!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by luvncamrin View Post
    i was so nervous before opening the document in the email...that i couldn't see straight and had a cold sweat! I was down right shaking!
    OMG I can only image....I'd probably be close to vomiting.....

NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    How long did you say it takes to come in the mail?

NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    they overnight the kit to you...i got it at 10am and had the blood draw completed and had the kit shipped back by 1pm....and they got it the next day at noon. Got the results via e mail in 5 business days!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow, that's pretty efficient! Thanks for all the info, I will keep that in the back of my mind for the future. Enjoy your pg and your baby boy when he comes!!!!

NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12