Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Plasma DNA testing- is this legit?

(2002) (2005) from 1st marriage. TTC since Aug 2010- Dx: low sperm count and 1% normal sperm. We are giving up and moving on with a baby-free life.
    UPDATE: surprise bfp in Feb 2013! It's a BOY!

NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Lola, i actually looked into it yesterday & read an article that said it isnt. They were advertising it for £179 & you could test as early as 7wks

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    back in 2006, I took a test like this and it was wrong for me. Told me I was having a boy and I had a girl
    Mommy to 5 beautiful children and 3 angels in heaven

(13 years old)
    (11 years old)
    (8 years old)
    (6 years old)
    (22 months)

Expecting AGAIN!! Due May 2016. Will it be or ??

3/11 at 7 weeks
    6/11 at 7 weeks
    11/8/11 @ 18 weeks of pregnancy. Our angel

Our family is complete

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I used this place....it's a legit lab that does things other than gender as well. They were great to work with and 100% professional at every point. So far...according to nubs....it's looking correct! The Rh- test gives gender as well... and dr.s order that... this is probably just the same thing but for women with normal blood types! This isn't like some of the old frauds that have to do the blood stuff at home... this ... they actually send you out to a legit blood draw lab in a hospital!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think this is legitimate. It looks just like the test for RhD genotyping without that component. The gender portion of the test has been studied in the US and Europe for several years now and is very accurate. Google "cell free fetal DNA" to see studies done.

I had the RhD screening done (Lenetix Labs in the US did mine) and results indicated Rh- Female. Our u/s reports that Female is accurate and we will type at birth for her Rh status... but I fully expect it to be correct.

These tests have very high accuracy rates and are even accurate proportionally for twins (b/g twins will show "normal" boy levels, b/b twins will show "high" boy levels, etc).

My doctor's office drew my samples and they overnighted them right to the lab. Office faxed the results right to the doctor's office in about 3 days.

Like I said, different lab, but this test looks just like the gender component of the RhD genotyping.
    Wife to a sweetie DH & Mama to:
    C, 13yo ; A, 11yo ; B, 9yo ; G, 6yo - successful blue sway; H, 3yo - sweet surprise!; C, 2yo - successful blue sway!, S - newbie!

Thank you GD!!

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    wait...hold the phone. Explain this Rh thing better! Ok...I really don't want to find out with my next...LOL So I really won't...but I'm curious. I'm Rh-....they do a test now to see if the baby is pos or neg?
    Mommy to 5 beautiful children and 3 angels in heaven

(13 years old)
    (11 years old)
    (8 years old)
    (6 years old)
    (22 months)

Expecting AGAIN!! Due May 2016. Will it be or ??

3/11 at 7 weeks
    6/11 at 7 weeks
    11/8/11 @ 18 weeks of pregnancy. Our angel

Our family is complete

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    jojogirl- yes.. and it tells gender!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hmmm, interesting! May be worth the $ if I am going nuts about gender at that point. Thanks for the input!
    (2002) (2005) from 1st marriage. TTC since Aug 2010- Dx: low sperm count and 1% normal sperm. We are giving up and moving on with a baby-free life.

NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    so I would say go for it! My gender scan at almost 16 weeks just came back 100% boy.... I think this blood test is legit!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by luvncamrin View Post
    so I would say go for it! My gender scan at almost 16 weeks just came back 100% boy.... I think this blood test is legit!
    So excited for you!!! Gathering that your blood test was right then, ya? It seems like it's pretty foolproof...if there is Y chom there is a boy, if not, it's prob a girl. Well, if I can ever freaking get pg I will go for it!

NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast