Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Are babies that won't show gender at ultrasounds more likely to be girls?

I remember reading somewhere that when a baby is stubborn at ultrasounds and won't show their gender, that it's slightly more likely to be a girl. The theory is that girls are more likely to have their legs crossed or close together, whereas boys are more likely to keep their legs apart and let it all hang out, LOL. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Also, if this is true, would it also apply to nub shots? Is a baby with no visible nub in a side profile pic just as likely to be a boy or a girl?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think it's true for the potty shot. All five of my girls have hidden the goods and the tech tried for ages with each of them over multiple different u/s's each. Never did find out what they were (except DD#5 by amnio after 4 u/s's with no luck).

But nub is 50/50. It's the skill of the tech taking a shot at the right angle and knowing what they are looking for. You can't hide a nub!
    Our 6-pack of girlies

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Nope! Ds2 was very coy with hid bits at 20 weeks so we had to wait until birth, not easy finding out then. Experienced tech too, but she just didn't want to say one way or the other. Ds1 was very clearly a boy at 20 weeks though!

Sent from my LG-E400 using Tapatalk 2
    2007 2009 2013 (My VBA2C & sway opposite baby)

So proud to announce that after many long years of GD our precious DAUGHTER joined us in June 2016!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My daughter was modest at 14 wk 4 days and the tech couldn't get a good nub shot, so we had to go back a week later.
    But the first thing the OB said to me when I walked in was "In my experience I've seen that babies that like to hide the most are girls."
    I was so happy to shortly afterward hear him verify that she was in fact a girl and then take some unmistakable pics.
    Age 7 5 MC May 2012 BFP June 2012 My ~*Princess*~ is now 3 yrs old! MC May 2015 Chemical June 2015
    DS#3 Arrived in April
    I love my Rainbow Baby with all my , She took a year to conceive! Thank you GD!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My opinion is when a tech says "it's too early to tell" from 14 weeks on that it's most likely a girl (not always but very likely)That's what happened with both my DDs.
    Big Princess 4 Little Princess 2 Baby due in May!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Life In Pink View Post
    My opinion is when a tech says "it's too early to tell" from 14 weeks on that it's most likely a girl (not always but very likely)That's what happened with both my DDs.
    Do you mean because by 14 weeks, a boy would probably have an obvious protrusion in a potty shot?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It seems in more experiences that shy ones are girls. Possibly because what is being looked for is less obvious. All three of mine were very willing to show what they had, but that is just pure dumb luck. I don't think the same is true for nubs though, since its more the techs shots than the baby being coy.

I had nub shots for 2/3 of my kids. The one who hid his nub was the middle boy. But he was clearly a boy at 16 weeks.
    A: "Owner" of the following brood:
    -Our biggest surprise dude (L: 2009)
    -Our rainbow little man (K: 2011)
    -Our sway and pray little diva (J: 2013)
    -Our lucky charm guy (S: 2015)
    We may be done, we may come back for one more sway. Time will tell. At the moment, we are very content with our family!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    True for potty shots. Boys can be shy too but you hear about it more with girls. Nub shots is a different story though. I think nub shots it's just about the image being captured.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    my eldest was shy full stop not just with his bits, he turned upside down and tried to burrow back into my pelvis at the 20 week scan she tipped the bed that far back to coax him out i was nearly standing on my head.

Nub shots are hard to get and need to be caught at the right moment but if you know what your looking for you can usually see it as the image is adjusted buts its just look of the draw, not gender related in my opinion
    Me, DH, the three musketers:

DS1

DS2

DS3

And our little princess

By the grace of god our precious little girl joined our family, hoping and praying for many happy years together

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My oldest ds was the only one who was shy. My other children were all more than willing to show themselves. With nub shots it is just a matter of capturing the image on the same plane that the nub is visible on.
    Love My 4

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast