Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

HELP!!! Breech position and Gender

Does the breech position effect gender results?
    My baby is currently breech at 21 weeks, I was given two different gender results at 2 ultrasounds that were only 5 days apart. First told boy and then told girl...

Confused. First medical tech said the baby was moving too much and didn't want to tell us boy and paint the room etc. I booked in a private ultrasound and the tech said likely boy - she showed us a good half hour no girl lines and likely scrotum, she couldn't get a front view for the penis but showed definitely no girl lines.. Thought she saw the penis pop up a couple times..

Went back 5 days later for confirmation and this tech said girl.. He was quick and seemed confident although I was seeing the same thing as previous - not 3 vivid lines , just a bulge.. With out previous daughter the lines were vivid...

What to do? Is the breech position the reasoning for the confusion?

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    my baby was breech , and i was told my sooo many people that it was more than likely a boy (old wives tale !) i have never wanted to know the gender of my children so didn't ask but my breech baby is a GIRL !!

but they did say at scan that even if we wanted to know they couldn't see anything even at my 4D scan !

HTH good luck !
    2008 2010

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm not sure, you would think breech would be easier to see gender, the only baby that was breech for me up until 30 something weeks was my DS

2007 2008 2012

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If you went to an elective place, you have pictures. Post them and we can have a look. Anything else is just a guess.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Also at 20 weeks it should be pretty obvious if it was a boy, I had a private gender scan at 14 weeks and you could definitely tell he was a he

2007 2008 2012

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by nuthinbutpink View Post
    If you went to an elective place, you have pictures. Post them and we can have a look. Anything else is just a guess.
    They won't give potty shots out at our medical or private ultrasound places here. Only face pictures / feet etc. So, no potty shots to show.. I was mainly wondering if anyone else had issues determining gender with a breech baby.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by dloui128 View Post
    Also at 20 weeks it should be pretty obvious if it was a boy, I had a private gender scan at 14 weeks and you could definitely tell he was a he
    I would have thought too.. They thought boy and then girl. That's why I am confused. Our neighbors were also told they were having a girl and came out a boy - so that is why I am not rushing out to paint just yet since I was given both genders! Frustrating! Ha

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by dloui128 View Post
    I'm not sure, you would think breech would be easier to see gender, the only baby that was breech for me up until 30 something weeks was my DS
    This is my first breech as well at ultrasounds! This baby is breech, placenta top right (my right), spine runs along my right, bum is down low and feet to my left!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    mine was feet on her face her spine to my tummy she was facing my back and she never changed !
    when is your next scan ? maybe he/she might of changed position
    2008 2010

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    There is no connection between baby's position and gender. and babies really aren't considered "breech" per se at 21 weeks, they have a lot of room to maneuver and it's totally normal for them to be flipping and flopping aroudn. Point being, I find it hard to believe that a tech would be flummoxed by a baby in "breech" position at 21 weeks because they will have seen babies in every position at that stage of the game.

I am concerned (assuming you want a boy, that is) because generally speaking, at 21 weeks a boy would be super obvious. If the first tech couldn't get a good boy shot in a half and hour, and the second tech thinks girl, I would think girl as well.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast