Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think that baby is measuring small is a good sign for it turning to a girl

I have lost a lot of faith in nub theory these days... Especially after seeing a perfect boy nub end up being a girl...then there was my nub lol.

If I ever were to have another baby,.. Which I am not lol I would totaly skip the whole nub obsession thing

I can't wait for your u/s
    ( 2004) ( 2006) (2011 )

Aug 27th 2013

Make a pregnancy ticker

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlee View Post
    I swear if this poor thing is a girl she will NEVER live this down hahahaha... I just don't see how it could all tuck in from this point BUT... they changed my due date to 12/13 so I was only 12+5 at the scan AND baby was only measuring 12+2 so maybe its taking a while to mature??? Grasping at straws I know LOL
    Remember, implantation can vary from 6-12 days, making due dates kind of flexible even if you know when you ovulated your baby could track up to 6 days either side depending on when they implanted.

I agree, potty shots at 12 weeks are not at all reliable. The side shots don't show the nub. It's not over yet! Omg June 14 isn't far away!!! So glad you are doing a private scan. I would also confirm again at the 20 week scan just to be sure.

I remember Thorz going through all that only to find out the tech was wrong!
    DS1 2009, DS2 2011.
    Due early Feb 2014, it's a GIRL!

TTC 18months. 4 chemicals. BFP 3rd month on Clomid.

My Ovulation Chart

My Pink Sway

My Nub Shot

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    June 14th is only a few days away now! While I know there is still a small chance I could hear girl still I don't want to get my hopes up... only to have them crashed down again. If I do end up with a girl it will be a great lesson not to trust 12 week potty shots!

I just hope I'm not jumping the gun in going right at 14 weeks instead of waiting till 16 weeks... it would serve me right for being so impatient! Haha
    @ 9 wks
    DS - 2004 @ 32 wks
    DS1 - 2005
    DS2 - 2007
    DD - 2012 @ 14 wks
    DS3 - 2013

Baby is here! Born December 4th, 2013 So blessed to have 3 healthy, handsome boys!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am also of the impatient persuasion so even if you are going early, I probably would too!!!

ps lol lol lol just read the rest of this thread. Bahahahaha
    DS1 2009, DS2 2011.

My Ovulation Chart

My Pink Sway

My Nub Shot

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Based on what I've read I'd say its worth waiting... Even at 16weeks they can be wrong! Or why not go now and get a good nub shot? In profile! Done properly they seem pretty accurate!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Arent nub shots only accurate at 11/12 weeks? Either way Tree is right, ask for a nub and a potty shot, and ask gender, since its a gender scan. If you can wait to 15 or 16 weeks it may be better. Or if its cheap where you are, you could always go twice! lol
    DS1 2009, DS2 2011.

My Ovulation Chart

My Pink Sway

My Nub Shot

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Maybe Meeks, I had thought they worked into the 13th week if early but I don't know that for certain.
    We really need to befriend a tech for all our ultrasound queries!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It would be totally worth waiting. You should wait. That is the sensible thing to do. Not knowing is killing you this time round so imagine how you will feel if you get a inconclusive scan again.

That said there is absolutely no way on gods earth that I would be able to wait. If scans were cheaper here I would have one with my cup of tea every morning! I had a tonne with DS1 as there was a machine in the docs office and she loved hearing the heart beat and seeing him pump his little fists. I am a scan junkie - nothing to do with finding out gender just seeing the little baby makes me turn to mush!

Meeks on another thread you said that nub theory was more for fun than exact science. Is that depending on how many weeks or is it always a bit hit and miss? I have seen a fair few nubs that ended up being the opposite of what I thought so I am starting to think that nubs might actually look different for each individual baby.

Charlee hang on in there, lots of people have been given the wrong sex even with a proper 18 week scan (my poor cousin is one - her boy had no visible penis and was told girl) so a potty at 12 weeks is probably a 50 50 guess at best. I would go in there thinking boy as self preservation (and let's face it you make awesome boys) but knowing that the fat lady has not sung yet.

BTW, on my 10 week scan I had what I thought was a perfect nub shot (i know they dont angle yet but thought the practice might be good) until I read that you can't see nubs at 9.5 weeks so I must have been looking at the thigh!!!!!! I am quite the expert it seems
    Oct 2012

Make a pregnancy ticker

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think for us it's more for fun because without the perfect shot we can only guess. For those with a good clear shot I think it's pretty accurate.

Here is the official study
    http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/store...daaw2&59c1369f

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I can't open that, but here is a good study: http://www.baby2see.com/gender/study_ultrasound.html

It seems 14 weeks pregnant (12week old foetus) is the perfect time for nub theory so Charlee get that nub shot this time for sure! And potty shot for fun.
    DS1 2009, DS2 2011.

My Ovulation Chart

My Pink Sway

My Nub Shot

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast