Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Anyone went for a gender scan and DIDNT tell their partner???

Hiya,

Well I have my gender scan booked for two weeks times and I am so bad... I haven't told my husband.

I know this is really bad of me but I am adamant that I don't want anyone to know and he cant keep a secret to save his life. Also I guess I think i'd feel more emotional if he was there...

Am I the only one???

xxx

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I def wouldn't hesititate at all lol
    Is it you just don't want him to know or is he one of those guys who wants a "surprise"
    ( 2004) ( 2006) (2011 )

Aug 27th 2013

Make a pregnancy ticker

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    various reasons... I would love us both to know but no one else but hubby cannot keep a secret to save his life... everyone would know within a minute. I also and I hate myself for admitting this, don't want him to see me a little down if im told its not a girl.. I cant believe ive just admitted that!!! xxx

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    How many boys do you have? I was worried the last two times I might be upset being told boy but never did I have an ounce of sadness I would def do it and don't feel bad about doing it either
    ( 2004) ( 2006) (2011 )

Aug 27th 2013

Make a pregnancy ticker

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We have one boy, and i'd be happy with two, just hubby will NOT under any circumstances let us have more then two. So if this is another boy... which would be lovely, i'll never have my girlie.

Now heres another question... I have my genbder scan booked in for 2 weeks which will make me 16 weeks plus a few days... I can get a scan earlier but i'll be 15 weeks and 5 days... should I just wait it out another week or go for an earlier scan?
    xxx

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would wait! Thorz in my due date group got told boy and she's having a girl

My DH didn't want anymore than the first two either lmao... Then I got my iud taken out and told him I'm ovulating I want a baby... He may have had a couple beers but o well lol it's not like I raped him right? Lmao and he was supposed to get a vesectomy after ds3 and never did and I refused to take birth control cause I hate how hormones affect me ... Got a bit of baby fever and it happend lot more planned on my side then his but he's alright with it his vesectomy is booked for October so no number 5 lol
    ( 2004) ( 2006) (2011 )

Aug 27th 2013

Make a pregnancy ticker

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I didn't take my DH with me to my gender scan because if it was DD3 for me I wanted to deal with my emotions in my own way, if he was there I would of tried to hide my disappointment of never having a little boy and he wouldn't of understood. In my case I got a great surprise and I happened to have my gender scan right before fathers day so I was able to give him the sono pic in his fathers day card

2007 2008 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I also got my gender scan without the knowledge of my DH. I sorta wanted to be team green, but he didn't. And then, it turned out I was 16 weeks ON his birthday. I also had an appt (regular scheduled one) that morning. So I called and booked a private scan at my OBs office (they do both medical and private) and found out alone.

I will fully admit I was more than grateful to find out alone. I didn't want to have to hide my disappointment from DH if we were having another boy. He almost made it worse after my second son (and I wasn't even THAT disappointed, but he was trying to make light of it and I just wasn't ready to do so right then). And he just didn't have the same emotional investment in a girl that I did. So even though he would have been excited, I actually think I enjoyed it more alone. Funnily enough, the tech actually thought I was disappointed because I burst into tears when she said girl. So now I realize that it didn't matter about hiding disappointment from them if I heard boy. She wouldn't have known either way!

I would do the same thing again in a heartbeat. It was fun for DH to find out that evening (I did a box of pink balloons for his birthday) and it was fun for me to do the scan alone. A lot less pressure.
    A: "Owner" of the following brood:
    -Our biggest surprise dude (L: 2009)
    -Our rainbow little man (K: 2011)
    -Our sway and pray little diva (J: 2013)
    -Our lucky charm guy (S: 2015)
    We may be done, we may come back for one more sway. Time will tell. At the moment, we are very content with our family!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    thanks so much ladies for responding and also giving your personal stories. I just feel this is the right thing to do. I know it a way it is dishonest to my husband but I honestly feel I so much more invested into this emotionally and I feel something I have to do alone xxx

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Me me me! I went and got a gender scan after promising DH that we wouldn't find out. And I have kept that secret to this day . The best part was telling people "oh, I have this feeling that it's a boy", and everyone thinking I was psychic afterwards. Lol.
    Sept 2008 & successful boy sway June 2010.
    M/C Oct 2012

Is DE in my future?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast