Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

1st Time Dad, Trying not to get my hopes up!

Name:  photo_3.JPG
Views: 338
Size:  80.4 KBHello Everyone,

So i have been following many of your threads in the past few months while my wife and i have been TTC. My wife does not speak english and so that is why I am on here, also hoping to encourage any lurking dads to particpate openly in the forums too!

A friend of ours gave us an amazing fathers day gift, a package at a local 3D Ultrasound spot. The package is meant to follow the pregnancy in 4 sessions. Our first session was this sunday, my wife is about 10w2d.

During the scan, we found out so much information, it really was amazing to see the baby move, and the beating heart. We learned that previous suspicions of a vanishing twin were most likely correct as there was a circle around the viewable babys gestational sac. 1 baby was definitely confirmed according to the 2 techs in the room with us. THe baby's placents is in the front, so ramzi theory wont work for us, right?

During the scan i noticed the techs whisper to eachother and chuckle, and I had asked if they could get me a nub shot and that caused them to giggle as they asked, "So i do see something, although its very early, so if you are interested in knowing the gender..."

Although we would happily welcome a healthy baby of either gender, i must confess that i am hard core wishing for a boy! The tech (18 years of experience) said that she wasnt planning on saying anything, but that it was just so prominent that it was even noticeable in the 2d scan, she has a VERY strong "feeling" that the baby is a BOY!!!

She urged us to keep this quiet, and not go out buying anything just yet, BUT that she would be thoroughly shocked if the baby werent a boy. She says with the nub rising at such angle already and the bulbous end to the turbucle, its very very BOY-ish.

SO i guess im on here to post pics, as many of you have in the past. I will say that on the live scan it was much clearer. And i may not have the best pics saved to my phone. But please share with us your opinions and experiences with early gender guesses by techs.

I will post some more pics and maybe a video if i can upload it on here, once i get home later on tonight!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's very promising that the tech risked saying it's a boy, they don't usually say anything unless they lean strongly towards a certain gender. Hope it's your little boy. Congrats on the baby!
    Mum to Lucas 13/12/1989
    Mum to Mateus 02/10/1991
    Mum to miscarried 22/09/2005
    Mum to Aidan 10/12/2010

My little Princess, Anya was born on the 22nd of July 2014. Thanks Mother Earth for this blessing! And thanks Atomic and all the generous and lovely ladies who helped me through this journey.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hoping you her boy

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Congrats on your baby but at 10 weeks, gender is not there yet. Could go either way!
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think it was a bit foolish of them to suggest they knew the gender as anything at 11weeks or earlier is unreliable. You need to be 12weeks plus to nub guess. But I do hope you get your boy.
    2007 2010 2012 2015

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Even though it's early, that does look pretty boyish.
    praying and swaying

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I agre with PP... anything before 12 1/2 weeks is really a bit early to nub guess and there are no gender clues in the 10th week. Having said that, I sincerely hope you get your boy.

Do yourself a favor and get a few nub shots after the 13 week mark. Those are great for guessing! Most techs can guess at over 90% accuracy at that stage.
    My Gender Dream came true, my family is complete!

2007 2011 2014

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I hope you get your boy, but too early for a nub guess. Good Luck and congrats!
    1 DS and 2 due October 11 team green!

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you all for responding! We really do appreciate it! As promised here are the other pics, just for kicks. To be honest when i heard boy, of course i was elated but a part of me kinda "aww'd" fingers crossed for a boy .

Name:  BABY @ 10 WEEKS_23.JPG
Views: 266
Size:  88.0 KBName:  BABY @ 10 WEEKS_13.JPG
Views: 288
Size:  93.3 KB

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Congrats papa very exciting either way it goes, but keep us posted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mom to 4 with one cooking Due Apr 19/16