Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Alrighty nub experts...IS this the nub?

Most people on here know I have been guessing for other people for years and I can generally pick out nubs...apparently unless its my own pics

The deal with this one is: baby was nuts. Moving around at the speed of light, flipping and flopping. The tech had a hard time getting shots. Most of the time the baby was facing my back, away from us. The picture of the "nub" was actually taken with baby laying upside down (supposedly negating the theory). Tech rotated it to measure the NT measurement. Baby also wouldn't give us accurate measurements. I was 12+3 according to ovulation and positive testing. Baby measured anywhere from 12+2 to 13+0 depending on which measurement the tech took (she took four). As I said, baby would NOT stay still. I might upload the DVD (these pics are screen captures), but I gotta rip it to the computer first.

I KNOW that what is pictured looks very, very boy. My question is whether it is actually the nub or if its something else. This is the only time I saw anything close to resembling the nub. And it looks kinda big compared to baby. And on the DVD it also isn't as defined as being separate from the piece above it. So I'm really not sure. I also am not sure that is the entire baby. She didn't measure CRL on this shot, so I'm not sure if the end was cut off (it's more obvious on the DVD).

Anyway. Any thoughts? (BTW: we don't really mind what baby is. I apparently wanted a girl a tad more than I thought cause I was a bit sad to see such an obvious giant boy nub. Lol. But really, I'm not too fussed. Now I'm just more curious.)

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 555
Size:  5.90 MB
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 456
Size:  4.51 MB
    A: "Owner" of the following brood:
    -Our biggest surprise dude (L: 2009)
    -Our rainbow little man (K: 2011)
    -Our sway and pray little diva (J: 2013)
    -Our lucky charm guy (S: 2015)
    We may be done, we may come back for one more sway. Time will tell. At the moment, we are very content with our family!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It does look like the nub to me, but if the baby was moving that much, it could be something else as well.
    1 DS and 2 due October 11 team green!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't think that's the nub. The skull looks girly to me but I don't think it's a great angle.
    praying and swaying

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    ^^Okay. I'm not crazy. Lol. I know you are pretty skilled at guessing too. I don't want to be in "denial," but I wondered if baby was slightly rolled away or something (mostly too because it doesnt have a "face" in the "nub" pic). I can normally pick out nubs from a mile away, but this baby seriously wasn't giving us anything. Lol. We prolly still aren't finding out. And I didn't see anything at all girly to make me think it might be a girl. But I wanted to see if others thought this was the nub at all. Ill have hubby rip the DVD, I think it's even more obvious on there that this may not be what I was thinking it was.
    We may be done, we may come back for one more sway. Time will tell. At the moment, we are very content with our family!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    definitely post video. It is so much better than still pictures

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by hotdogz&boyz View Post
    ^^Okay. I'm not crazy. Lol. I know you are pretty skilled at guessing too. I don't want to be in "denial," but I wondered if baby was slightly rolled away or something (mostly too because it doesnt have a "face" in the "nub" pic). I can normally pick out nubs from a mile away, but this baby seriously wasn't giving us anything. Lol. We prolly still aren't finding out. And I didn't see anything at all girly to make me think it might be a girl. But I wanted to see if others thought this was the nub at all. Ill have hubby rip the DVD, I think it's even more obvious on there that this may not be what I was thinking it was.

I see what you a re saying that the baby could be rolled away.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah. But I really do want your opinion IF you really think that is the nub. Ya know? I know you guess a lot and respect your views too! Confirming my crazy is equally important! Lol. But I feel better that at least one person can say I might not be nuts

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't think that's the nub.
    Love My 4

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by hotdogz&boyz View Post
    Yeah. But I really do want your opinion IF you really think that is the nub. Ya know? I know you guess a lot and respect your views too! Confirming my crazy is equally important! Lol. But I feel better that at least one person can say I might not be nuts
    Lol honestly if you weren't a frequent guesser and didn't have the story to go with it, i be like "yeah it is probably a nub". But you know what you are looking for, you said this was upside down, and she was moving all over the place. So sans story, yeah it looks like it, with story and after you mentioned the baby was sort of turned away, it probably isn't.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Before I read, I didn't think that was the nub and I still don't!
    I want to see the video too!!

Had my first and only little girl Emmerson oct 19,2014 right on her due date!
    Hoping I stop calling her 'little dude, bud' and him real soon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast