Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    He has an excuse for every person his theory doesn't work for. And quite frankly, no one is injecting my baby with dye to prove gender, so I would really love to know who and where he got the "samples" from.
    1 DS and 2 due October 11 team green!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    He probably figured that most women aren't desperate or stupid enough to have as intrusive a method as dye injected into a perfectly healthy pregnancy just to find out placental location for a possible gender prediction, so it was a safe bet in covering his ass.

and expecting

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I didnot know if it worked for me or not , under its rules at 6 weeks baby was in the middle and I couldnt tell where the placenta is

But , at 9 weeks the yolk sac was at the left and Im having a boy !!
    DD in 2010
    a successful Boy sway at 2015

Swaying for another boy

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Congratulations on your boy! According to your signature you're getting what you want sans x2.

I understand that there are certain genetic conditions that are passed down to one specific gender in some families which may warrant an early test for gender but A) they're not that common and couldn't be used to conduct a thorough research. B) Most of those families opt for the sure method of blood tests and amniocenthesis to ascertain the gender because i)they don't know about the Ramzi theory and ii)most would prefer to be absolutely sure rather than leave it to the guess of a pseudo scientist.
    Last edited by Makali; January 14th, 2015 at 03:55 AM. Reason: typo

and expecting

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by kaseybaby View Post
    He has an excuse for every person his theory doesn't work for. And quite frankly, no one is injecting my baby with dye to prove gender, so I would really love to know who and where he got the "samples" from.
    ooo good point. I wouldn't either
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Makali View Post
    I'm sorry if you interpreted it that way, I wasn't being hostile, angry, condescending or antagonistic when I wrote it although reading it back I can understand why it may have come across that way. Nor did I imply that you believed in the Ramzi theory or Old Wives Tales. Sometimes, when you're just spontaneously typing whatever comes to your head the way you would express thoughts naturally to a friend in real life, it comes across in an entirely different tone because it's very 2 dimensional. No voice frequency, body language or facial expression, etc.

Not sure I subscribe to gender being linked to ovulation patterns but would love to see the literature. There is an interesting thesis about the ovum choosing which sperm to let in which I think has some merit though.
    I totally get "internet tone" and I read and answer hundreds of posts a day and have replied to nearly 50,000 questions on this site alone, so when something comes off as "hot" to me I don't think my tendency is to overreact. I believe that it was unintentional and I'm not concerned about it. Happens to the best of us sometimes when we feel passionately about something, and like I mentioned above, I like the enthusiasm as this is def. something I'd love to tackle but don't have the time.

Here is the abstract for the study I refer to, this group of researchers has done quite a lot of interesting study into gender ratio The ovulation pattern during three consecutive menstrual cycles has a significant impact on pregnancy rate and sex of the offspring

I am certainly not saying this "proves" Ramzi, or any such thing BUT simply that sometimes, it is better to be "lucky than good" and researchers may stumble onto a real phenomenon but are mistaken on some aspect of how or why it works, and that the above study ~might~ end up to explain some of Ramzi's (alleged) observations.
    Last edited by atomic sagebrush; January 14th, 2015 at 12:01 PM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Congratulations on your boy! According to your signature you're getting what you want sans x2.

I understand that there are certain genetic conditions that are passed down to one specific gender in some families which may warrant an early test for gender but A) they're not that common and couldn't be used to conduct a thorough research. B) Most of those families opt for the sure method of blood tests and amniocenthesis to ascertain the gender because i)they don't know about the Ramzi theory and ii)most would prefer to be absolutely sure rather than leave it to the guess of a pseudo scientist.
    There are some actual charlatans out there charging hundreds to thousands of dollars for gender swaying and "early gender prediction" methods that don't work. The reason why it is hard for me to get super worked up over Ramzi is a) he actually published his findings for review by other researchers which most of these scam artists do not, and b) he has not really profited hugely off doing this. He hasn't opened up a bunch of "Ramzi Ultrasound Clinics" all around the world and charging people thousands of dollars for ultrasound (which he could and there would be lines around the block) I think he's wrong, but I don't think he's evil like some of these people are.

There are literally dozens of "windmills in need of tilting at" in this universe and of all of them, Ramzi is really pretty harmless. Yes, gals do obsess unneccesarily over their ultrasounds but if they don't have an ultrasound to obsess over, they obsess over symptoms and cravings and ring tests and psychics and the way they're carring their baby.

RE pseudoscience, it is possible to be scientific and wrong - Dr. Shettles was wrong about timing intercourse as a method of gender swaying, but he was a scientist (and a darn good one). I agree that dreams about the Virgin Mary (IMO) are not necessarily reassuring or scientific, but at the least Ramzi has published his findings for independent review and to me, that's more scientific than a lot of those schmucks out there who take people's $$ without doing that.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    " When people came at him and said "Hey the placenta of this baby is on the right, but it is a girl" he kept harping that you can't do it properly without the dye, past 8 weeks, on and on and on and on. How they flip images, you need to be trained in his method. "

He was essentially giving a very similar feedback in a long reply to an article which I copied that excerpt from. The 'they flip images' doesn't apply to everyone. He's insulting our intelligence here if we tell him we specfically asked the tech which side the placenta is located, i.e which side of our body in relation to us. Furtermore, in order for a sonographer to keep their job they have to know where the placenta is in relation to your body so of course they are trained! It's essential for them to identify certain problems such as placenta accreta and increta etc and determine it for the analysis of the surgical team.

I do feel this is a waste of time but it really did get my goat that he made some ludicrous and potentially harmful claims and that there's hardly anyone out there calling him out on it.

You need the dye/you don't need the dye..pffft. And the whole embryo changing sex after fertilization business... All fertilized eggs mimick 3.5 billion years of evolution on this planet throughout their development into a fetus, and start off with female traits. However, depending on whether it was an xx or an xy sperm which fertilized them do they become male or female. It's encoded at the moment of conception as far as current scientific understanding goes. He's going to need a lot more than an impeccable degree in sonography to dispute that.
    it all reminds me of Dr. Ericsson and the "sperm spinning" method - no one can replicate his findings except for people in his clinics who were "specially trained" - even the best trained people on the planet couldn't get it to work unless they worked at one of his clinics! But like I said, he bugs me way more than Ramzi does because he opened clinics around the world and charges people tons of money for the priviledge.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, I'm unable to debunk him this time. My daughter is attached to my left and my son to my right. But I'm certainly not going to take my 2 year old for MRI's to try and find some kind of fault with her because her placenta was attached to my right.

Pseudo scientist or legitimate researcher - it's unprofessional for him to make claims that his theory is 'right' or there's something wrong with your baby.

I just hope that there aren't any other women with a more vulnerable disposition who may potentially freak out over his claims. LoL

and expecting

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You kind of do tho because he says "my method doesn't work on twins"

that he should not say that to people.

Thank you for updating!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast