Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BarbieMummy View Post
    This is all new to me, with DD it was obvious she's a girl lol. I just read that 12+3 is the "grey zone" where you just don't know which way it's going to go. And I posted on another forum and everyone's saying no nub detected. I'm just so confused and don't understand which one is the nub on the second photo. How do you know if its on the rise? Which ones the nub? What is your gut feeling? I'm so sorry for all the questions girls but you're the experts and I love to hear your thoughts on these things! Xx
    Ok long boring explanation woman has arrived. Early in pregnancy, both boys and girls LOOK like girls. They have a clitoris and ovaries (both genders) The Y chromosome in boys is dormant until about 10 weeks and at this point in time, the Y "wakes up" and starts making testosterone. This testosterone turns the clitoris into a penis and the ovaries move down and turn into testicles. This process takes several weeks to happen and so when you come in to a nub guess too early, it is impossible to tell if it's a girl or if the "stuff" is in the process of turning into penis/testicles. That is why we say the nub may still rise, because it's really a clitoris that may or may not be turning into a penis if that makes sense.

At 12+3, you can't really TELL if it's on the rise or not. Now, some little dudes already are sporting a ginormous ding dong even this early and then you can say, ok, yes, that's risen, it isn't going away and that is a boy. But most other babies are still looking very girly at this point because the penis is not finished doing what it's doing

That nub, to me, is super girly. It looks like a girl to me (I'm sorry since I know that's not what you want to hear) but the thing is, 12+3 is too early. I am not saying that is a girl, not at all, it's really still too early to guess. The nub can still rise and often does, even occasionally into the 13th week (If you want to look at a couple nubs that did look super girly in 13th week but were boys, coralsky and californiadreaming are good examples)

I have no clue how anyone could look at those same shots and say there is no nub. There is a nub, it's just that it's too early to go either way just yet.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    There is also a cord present above the nub, so don't let that confuse you! Top thing is cord, bottom is nub.

Two pics on right are not clear and don't have nubs, so if those are the pics you showed on the other site then that's why they couldn't see a nub.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Walkiria View Post
    I dont understand nubs sorry. But skull seams boy. Hope you get you desired gender. Hugs!
    don't put tons of stock into it but this is a boyish skull

4. Likes sweetdream liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12