Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Anyone heard of 3 lines on boy ultrasound????

OK, so maybe I'm in denial, but I am not 100% convinced that the tech was right when he said girl at my recent ultrasound (nearly 20 weeks). Trouble is I did see the 3 lines with my own eyes.

I have read however that 3 lines can be visible on a boy ultrasound if the image is taken from too far back towards the babies bottom. The tech thought there was some cord or something (shadowy) between the legs so he couldn't be sure but going by the 3 lines it looked girl.

So question is has anyone ever heard of 3 lines showing up on a boy ultrasound or am I just holding out a glimmer of hope for nothing?
    DD#1 - 06 DD#2 - 08 DD#3 - 12

3 x cycles at SART - unsuccessful
    Moved on from HT - tried naturally
    Beautiful baby girl # 3 born in May

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Do you have a picture from the ultrasound that the ultrasound labeled as "girl"?

For the first 20 minutes of my ultrasounds with DS3, he was "probably a girl." I think my tech was new, which didn't help anything. Literally, the kid was breach towards us & nothing was in the way. We weren't seeing boy parts at all (my 1st two were like HELLO, it's a BOY). The only problem? We weren't seeing girl parts either.

There were a few times in that ultrasound that I would catch a white line here and there...but it was NEVER 3 white lines, close together (like classic girl). It was just a white line here, oh it's gone. There's a white line, oh never mind.

Eventually, she moved it in and out enough that we caught a glimpse of the penis, went back & sure enough: All boy. Nothing like getting my hopes up that'd I'd finally hear "it's a girl!!" Only to have a penis evade the ultrasound tech.

Post a picture of your ultrasound. I think if the 3 white lines are close together like classic girl, then it's probably a girl. If the white lines are all over the place, then ...maybe? My DS3 was "probably a girl" for a long time!

Due Nov 2015-- Praying for

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I remember feeling the same with my 3rd girl, was in denial and could not believe she was a she..
    Fathers Day baby!

Busy Mummy of 5 now working from home: www.oz.scentsy.com.au

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't have a pic...stupid tech didn't give me any even when I asked. He said girl twice and I saw the 3 lines twice (they were very bright (think middle one was slightly longer), but he also said there was maybe some cord or something down there.
    The other thing that makes me wonder is that I know that the top of the baby's head was at the front of my belly (it was very clear and the first thing that showed on the monitor) which meant the bum had to have been facing my back. This wouldn't have mde it as easy to get a great shot I would think and althought the 3 lines were bright the rest of the image looked a little hard to decipher.

Thanks Applesoup for your reply...after doing a lot of googling and finding a lot of info about getting opposite gender I have thoroughly exhausted myself (sometimes I have to have a mini mental burnout about things to help me stop obsessing) and have finally come to the conclusion that there is more chance of it being a girl and who cares if it isn't as the opposite is my desired outcome anyway.

Time for me to accept that this baby is a girl and move on...if by some crazy miracle it turns out to be a boy then hooray...in the meantime I will come to terms with having 3 girls and wait with great anticipation for the day I can hold her in my arms and marvel at another little baby that we have created.

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks TTC5...pretty sure that's where I'm at...I tend to move past things fairly quickly as I obsess about them in my head until I can't think of it any longer and just have to accept it so hopefully in a few days I will truly believe that this baby is all girl.

Think though that I will have to get hold of the full set of scan pics when they finally become available (I only have the 3 grainy pics that the tech gave me...none potty shots) to see if the tech caught it on the ultrasound anywhere.

In the meantime I need to focus on something else. Ugh.

PS: Fingers crossed for Monday applesoup...not long now.
    TTC5...here's hoping Wednesday shows you had nothing to worry about and you are in for a happy & healthy pregnancy.
    Last edited by grasshopper; January 21st, 2012 at 02:52 AM.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    In Melbourne there is a private ultrasound clinic that does gender confirmation. It's not cheap but it sets ur mind at ease. I was told at my 12 week ultrasound that it was 80% boy- it was very annoying to not know for sure. I watched the video so many times in denial (it was a good potty shot early on) so we went to this place at 16 weeks to confirm it was my darling little boy. That way knowing bub was a he I could stop thinking about the possibility of having a daughter and start dreaming of my little man. Is there a clinic around ur way u could go to?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I saw 3 lines with my boys early on 12-15wk scans. The middle line was the same length but set forward - so that it made sort of a triangle shape. I obsessed over the pics for wks. Know what you mean about needing s'thing else to focus on. MMx
    Step (17)
    Step (15) & (12)
    Our IVF/ICSI twins (6) (OHW)
    Our HT DD (2)

14Cycle 1 (Dr Lin, CA): ER 14 Jan 2011. 5 eggs, 4 mature and fertilised w/ ICSI. 2 probe. Put back 2 XX's. 5dp5dt - BFP. 9dp5dt - 64. 13dp5dt - 81 Stop meds. 19dp5dt - 330. 22dp5dt - 890. 3 scans show small empty sac not progressing. Final scan before D&C at 7w5d shows HB 116 & a 5.5mm embryo measuring 6w1d. 8w4d - HB 144 & fetus is 11.5mm! 9w4d - no HB.....

Cycle 2 (Genea): ER 8 July 2011 (after 10 wks on DHEA). 9 eggs, 5 fertilised w/ ICSI, 2 embryo's sent for aCGH day 6 biopsy. 29 July - both normal XX's!!!

Cycle 3 (Genea): Natural FET 15 March 2012. 4dp5dt BFP. 9dp5dt - 251. 12dp5dt - 949. HB 133 @ 6w3d. Born 6 Nov 2012.

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    kpmum...the nearest place that does private ultrasounds is a 5 hr drive 1 way, they charge $300 and only do from 27 weeks onwards. They only charge half that price in the city so I have a hard time justifying it. Plus it would be a bit of a drive and another 7 week wait just to ease my mind.

MM...so do you mean the outside lines were sort of angled in at the base? The ones I saw were all straight althought the one in the middle may have been slightly longer...hard to remember really as he only flashed it on the screen pretty briefly. Wish I had a pic to obsess over at least instead of just an image in my shocking memory.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry I can't help you with the 3 white lines I have no idea when it comes to looking at u/s pics. At my 16 week scan the tech told me boy then said girl. In the end she wasn't sure! It may pay to do another u/s later on just to put your mind at ease. I can only imagine how you have obsessed over this, I did after my 16 week u/s. Hun I am so sorry if it is definitely not a boy, you have been in my thoughts constantly and I had planned to give you some baby boy clothes. On the upside I am thrilled that you are pregnant again with a healthy baby. Geez this whole GD thing sucks big time, sending hugs your way x
    2007, 2009, 2012

Cycle 1 SART Bangkok - 43 eggs retrieved, 19 fertilized, 18 PGD, 4 normals 3XX and 1XY
    SET 25/06/11
    9dp5dt BFP : , 11dp5dt 278, 20dp5dt 13665, 24dp5dt 27787
    03/08/11 One Heartbeat 164 bpm
    My DD Harper Shae was born on the 27th Feb 2012 weighing 6lb 1oz

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Awwww...thanks so much. I was obsessing...big time...but not so much today.
    Even began thinking that its not so bad waiting until bub is born to find out for sure...I am unlikely to have any more scans now unless pay for a private one down the track.
    Starting to find peace with the idea of another little girl.
    My problem was never with having girls, just with not having a boy so I figure that now I am over the shock that I this one is not likely a boy, I will just deal with the idea of NEVER getting my boy after this one is born.
    Not long for you now before your beautiful girl is here!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast