Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Indigoviolet's FINAL update, p.7

I don't get the fact that on one picture the baby is on the right and on another the left. If anyone could shed any light, I'd really appreciate it! Got my 12 week scan in a week and starting to obsess!
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by indigoviolet; March 20th, 2012 at 04:15 PM.
    2007 2010 2012

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Here is an interesting post I found about this theory-

The lady's pic looks like yours!

I can't see your uterus in these pictures because these pictures are both magnifications of a small area in your uterus.* The only way to know if your baby has attached to the left or right walls of your uterus would be during the scan. The tech would have to find your uterine wall and then find the conceptus. It's a bit like scrolling around your town on Google Maps while looking for your own home. * The oval rings that you see around the baby aren't the uterus (The uterus appears as 3 striated lines.), those are rings are caused by the soundwaves bouncing through fat and muscle so think of them like a topographical map.* I can tell you that the baby is on the left side of the placenta.* Even though it appears to be on the right, you have to remember that you were laying down and facing the technician.* It's a mirror image.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The tough thing with Ramzi is it isn't where the baby is attached, it's where the placenta is developing, and those can be in different areas. If you read his paper it is VERY tough to identify which side the placenta is on without the appropriate equipment mapping bloodflow. What they did on IG to guess (and had like 70/30) success, I believe, was look at where the brightest, thickest white part of the placenta was on the photo, so where the MOST white area is on the side of the sac, and that was where they assumed the placenta to be developing.

On yours it looks to me like it's pretty thick all the way around, LOL I think Ramzi is really a tough thing to guess off of photos.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    thanks NBP, wow, that's so interesting! I really thought that was the walls of the uterus you could see. Makes much more sense now with this explanation.
    when you say 'baby appears left side of the placenta' that doesn't mean left of uterus though does it? (I wish!)
    2007 2010 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Begonia, it is confusing but at least I know why now!
    2007 2010 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Right, 12 week scan tomorrow, will post nub pic if I get a good one. Wish me luck!!! (sooo nervous!)
    2007 2010 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm terrible with the Ramzi theory, just wanted to wish you luck tomorrow! enjoy seeing your little bean again
    08 09 12

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks hon, appreciate it
    2007 2010 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Good luck tomorrow, I hope you will enjoy seeing your little baby.
    6 3
    swayed for a

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    pics from 12 week scan this morning, baby dated at 13+1 weeks. Any ideas? sure I saw a boy nub but now looking at the pics I'm not so sure....still have a bit of hope that this is a girl, am I totally wrong?Name:  12 week scan Jan 2012 001.JPG
Views: 1128
Size:  1.01 MBName:  12 week scan Jan 2012 002.JPG
Views: 464
Size:  1.08 MBName:  12 week scan Jan 2012 003.JPG
Views: 491
Size:  960.2 KB
    Last edited by indigoviolet; January 30th, 2012 at 09:13 AM.
    2007 2010 2012

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast