Thread: Baby scan 12+5

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Baby scan 12+5

This is baby #4. I have 3 boys already so am bracing myself for another one, but would love to know what people think.

Sent from my POT-LX1 using Tapatalk

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm afraid the nub is not captured here, do you have any other shots?
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you for looking, unfortunately this was the best photo I got that I thought might show something. I've posted this pic elsewhere and got some boy responses. I assume that they were looking at the thing I've circled, but is that definitely not a nub then? To be honest I would rather it wasn't a nub and that there is still some chance of a girl, no matter how small. I will be finding out at 16 weeks so will post an update then.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't think that's the nub. For starters, if that was on an actual body, it would be coming out backwards and in the wrong spot totally, it would be coming out the backside. Secondly, if you try to envision a baby's torso you can sort of visualize that part of it is missing, it's just out of proportion otherwise. Also, if you look you can see the structure continue on into the body all the way into the chest and nubs don't do that (honestly do not know what that is and I suspect it may be a ghost image or blurred. It may be the arm if the baby is laying more on its side than it appears). If that is the nub, it's captured when the baby is in motion and is creating some kind of blurred or double image. It's not reliable because of that.

The place where the nub should be is immediately above the circle you drew, there is a slightly brighter spot where I believe the nub is beginning but the stuff we should see to render an accurate guess is not captured in the image.

I can see the area where the end of the nub should be and it's pure black, nothing is there. We can't guess without the end of the nub because we can't see the angle.

People who are guessing boy on this are mistaking the leg or the cord for the nub. But that sticky uppy thing on top is way too high to be the nub and you can see it's all just part of the leg and there's also some cord you can see too.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you What you say makes total sense as baby was wriggling about the whole time, so I do think it is a blurry image for that reason. And of course that other thing is part of the leg. I do suspect it is a boy based on the skull (it looks like my last boy) but only time will tell. I hope I'm wrong and I'm pleasantly surprised.

6. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi, I'm really excited to announce that I had my gender scan today and baby is a girl! After 3 boys this is the best Xmas present ever.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh gosh that's fab, huge congrats!!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you, I'm obviously over the moon.

For anyone that is interested, I had a failed sway when I conceived my youngest ds. That was 3 months pcos le diet, and lots of daily walking, plus one attempt at positive opk. I know that I was obsessive, even though I tried not to be, but I did find working out my totals each day rather stressful.

This time round, I was quite relaxed as I wasn't really trying to conceive just yet. I kept putting forward the date that I was going to start swaying seriously. But I did become vegetarian not long after my youngest was born, and my diet in general was quite different to how it had been before (more carb based like pasta and rice) and mostly homemade food made from scratch to accommodate a low salt diet suitable for a weaning baby. So I think it was naturally lower in protein and fat without tracking anything.

I also conceived on one attempt this time round. I didn't track ovulation but could tell that I was fertile from my cervical mucus. I didn't O and it was a shallow position, plus jump and dump. This was different to all of my other kids conception. Also, I was still breastfeeding my 18 month old day and night. And was also taking sertraline, which I hadn't been before.

10. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Likes Mum of four monkeys liked this post