Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Praying for good news for our little bean...please guess boy or girl. :)

(Everything has been ok in our pregnancy, but then I had my NT scan a couple of weeks ago (I was 12 weeks, 4 days)..I am not 15 weeks. Our scan came back abnormal for increased nuchal fluid. Of course, our risk isn't calculated until it's combined with the results of our blood test as well. I received a call from the genetic counselor and my PAPP-A level in my blood was low. Both the scan measurement along with my blood level, made our baby's risk for Down's Syndrome jump up way high. We decided to hold off on an amnio for now and instead did a new non-invasive blood test and we are currently in the agonizing days waiting for a call from the doctor with results!)

To get our mind off of the stressfullness that we've been dealing with, I thought it'd be fun to see if anyone is able to gather a pretty good gender guess based on a side view we received at our NT scan. Again, these pictures were from when I was 12 weeks, 4 days.

This is the same photo twice, just one is closer up and a little grainier, and the other is a further one that the detail might be more easily visible. I posted them both so I'd love to hear your thoughts. I do see a nub, but I am no good when it comes to the angle of the dangle!

Also, I realize that these pictures may not be the best, so I thought I'd post the link to our ultrasound done during our NT scan to see if you can gather any gender clues from that. In the beginning, the tech was making some random measurements, but then you can see baby about at about :45. Also, someone else said they noticed *possible* boy parts on our baby at 1:43.

Here is the ultrasound on youtube:
    Baby Stiles NT Scan (12 weeks, 4 days) - YouTube

We already have a little girl who is 5. Obviously, there's the obligatory "We just want a healthy baby" statement, but we are hoping for a boy. I thought it'd be fun to see what your guesses are!

Thanks,
    Stacy
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm sorry you're going through this
    I was in agony myself, stupid tech couldn't see nasal bone on my 12 weeks scan ( one of the indicators for Down), so I came over tomorrow and then he said he saw it My initial risk for Down is 1:80 as I'm 39, but my double test came back great so DH and I opted NOT to go for an amnio. I'm praying we've made a right decision

This buba does look like a boy
    m/c 2001
    2012 failed sway
    2014 my surprise baby

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm sorry you are worrying. I hope everything turns out well for you and your babe.
    2004, 2007, 2011, mmc 1/12

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Not good at guessing gender,just wanted to send you lots of good luck and all my blue dust,have everything crossed for you.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry for your stress, i think it does look boyish, goodluck.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi stacyinohio im sorry im no help with guessing your babies gender.But i want to wish you well and i will pray that you get good news. xx

(99) (04) (08) 4 x looking over us all.

Swayed but blessed with another

' There is only room for one Princess in this house'

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think this one looks like a boy...going more on skull shape than nub. A friend of mine had an amnio last year as her results came back high risk for Downs. Turned out it was a false +, and the amnio showed he was fine. Sure enough, he arrived as a perfect little boy. All the best during this worrying time.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    huni i pray they have this wrong for your little bub, hmmmmmm on the nub im not sure looks like it could go either way to me !!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    praying that you get good news, whatever the gender this baby is.
    '04 '07 '10

After ages of praying for a sister for DD, I am proud to announce the birth of my twin baby GIRLS born Oct 31st.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I hope the results come back with good news. There are some great nub shots in the beginning and in the end of the video. Leaning . Keep us posted on your little one!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast