Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm having so much trouble making this decision. I'm so back and forth. Some days I'm so desperate I'm positive I will do it. Other days I'm think I should just do the other sway methods and if it doesn't work this time try next time with the clomid.

Can you breast feed while on clomid?

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No. It is not worth it. You are talking about unmonitored, recreational drug use. Jon and Kate had 6 babies with clomid.

Nobody should be using clomid without monitoring.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am still breastfeeding my almost 3 year old, and have breastfed her through 2 cycles on Clomid. But then she breastfeeds 1-2 times per day, and is very clearly in the process of weaning herself. My RE said it was safe to do this on Clomid, but I'm not sure how it would be with a younger baby who was actually depending on the breastmilk for a significant part of his/her nutritional needs, and was consuming more milk.

I've taken Clomid for two cycles so far, both times prescribed by an RE, once monitored and once unmonitored. It's fairly typical for doctors not to monitor Clomid cycles if you start on a low dose (usually under 50 mg). I took 25 both times, and responded well (ie, I don't need more than this).

My first cycle (unmonitored) I conceived a chromosomally normal girl, lost sometime between 14 and 18 weeks, possibly due to a CVS, or possibly for unknown reasons unlikely to have had anything to do with the Clomid. I'm currently in the 2WW from my second.

If you want to take Clomid, it should be fairly easy to get an ob to prescribe it--simply go in and say that you've been tracking your cycles and they're super-long or they're irregular and you're concerned that you're not ovulating regularly. You can also say that you are concerned that your luteal phase is short (this is what I said, though in my case it is true, and my day 21 progesterone without Clomid is poor). Many or most doctors will give a prescription for it pretty readily in these circumstances. If an ob prescribes you Clomid, do not expect monitoring--usually only REs will do this. Many many women have taken Clomid without monitoring and have gone on to conceive healthy babies, without complications. But it is riskier--you could have too many follicles and not know it.

One thing you can try is a very low dose--I don't need more than 25, even though the standard starting dose is 50. You can ask for 25, or simply break your 50 mg pills in half. This will lower the risks of OHSS and multiples for you on an unmonitored cycle. If you are really nervous, you could also try 12.5 (break 25 mg pills, or use a pill cutter to quarter 50s). The likelihood of OHSS on 12.5 mg is probably very small.

I'm not saying you *should* do this--I think Clomid carries real, substantial risks that are not to be taken lightly for swaying purposes. But other things that people do for gender selection (such as HT) do carry their own health risks (possibly greater than those posed by a low dose unmonitored Clomid cycle), and only you can decide whether or not it's worth it to you and what you feel comfortable with.
    Last edited by sugarNspice; February 11th, 2013 at 06:46 PM.
    our perfect family:

(8) (5) (almost one)

thank you to atomic for helping make my dreams come true

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Clomid would be prescribed for a fertility reason presumably after a work up or atleast some awareness of your ovaries. Clomid would never be prescribed for recreational use with no monitoring on a fertile woman.

It's different if you have it for infertility reasons.

And HT is ALWAYS monitored via ultrasound and bloodwork.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't want to sound hostile but every time I see this post it makes me worry for those that read it. I cannot, cannot, endorse using clomid without a prescription for liability's sake.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm not sure if I sounded as if I implied I was getting it with out a prescription. This post is to decide if I should go to the doctor for it. Granted I don't need it, if I do decide to get it, it will be through a doctor.
    I understand your concern though

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by inshaallahxx View Post
    I'm not sure if I sounded as if I implied I was getting it with out a prescription. This post is to decide if I should go to the doctor for it. Granted I don't need it, if I do decide to get it, it will be through a doctor.
    I understand your concern though
    If there is someone medically aware that you are taking it and knows it is okay for you to do so, go for it. I am "talking" to those that may look to the Internet and purchase it from some random individual without any supervision.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just wanted to emphasize that I certainly don't advocate taking Clomid that you've obtained from the internet, or taking it without a perscription.

But there are any number of obstetricians who do prescribe it without doing a complete fertilty workup. There are women on here--I believe--who have requested it from ob's and gotten it--for any number of cycles--with minimal supervision and no monitoring. This wasn't what I did, but in all honesty it does not seem to me to be terribly much more risky than what I did do--getting it from an RE, and then going home and waiting to see what happened. (it's an especially good idea to have your FSH checked before you decide to take CLomid, particularly if you are older or have had fertility issues).

I actually asked for monitoring, and was told that it wasn't necessary, given that I was on such a low dose, and that multiples were unlikely at my age. But being unmonitored on Clomid is still a *very* *very* different thing than taking it illegally, or taking it without medical supervision.

Maybe it's important to mention that what I mean by 'monitoring' is regular ultrasound checks of your ovaries throughout your cycle. So, yes, I personally would take Clomid without monitoring, but I certainly would not take it without supervision (meaning that a responsible medical professional is advising you to take it, and is available to you in case of problems).
    Last edited by sugarNspice; February 11th, 2013 at 09:07 PM.
    our perfect family:

(8) (5) (almost one)

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm leaning towards not taking it and if my sway doesn't work this time then trying with clomid. This post definitely did help. While it does make me want to try the clomid, I feel that it is wrong of me to try with out needing and that I should put a little more faith in god and prayer (and the diet).
    I will definitely by a sway plan because I'm already a person that stresses VERY EASY and can be even obsessive.
    (aaahhh see I start changing my mind when I think about it too much, now I'm thinking about taking it.)

It does make me feel better though there are many good results from the diet with out the clomid. I also saw that Atomic did not use clomid in her sway as well so that does give me a little more confidence!

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Lots of people get girls without Clomid, and lots of people who take Clomid get boys. Like all of swaying, it's no magic bullet. It *is* I think very effective as a sway technique, but it is also riskier than many other sway techniques.

There are other women on here who have taken it without a medical reason (that is, with the intent of swaying) though they did (as far as I know) all get it prescribed by doctors. They seem to have had very very good results, but then LE diet has had good results on its own, too.

It's so so important to do only what you feel comfortable with, and what you think is best for your body. Everyone's level of comfort with risk is different, and the strength of everyone's gender desire is different, too.
    our perfect family:

(8) (5) (almost one)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast