Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Is any one else as anxious as I am or on a roller coaster ride like I am.
    I seriously think about being pregnant, my (hopefully) future baby girl, and everything that goes with it EVERY DAY.

Some days I'm sure I will have a girl and feel confident about it. Some days I'm sure I will have another boy and I get so sad. Some days I feel like I don't care since I'm excited this is my first planned pregnancy. The other pregnancies were not planned and I was very upset at myself for getting pregnant so since is my first planned pregnancy I'm very anxious and excited for it. Some days I think I don't want to try again

I look at the ultra sound predictions and I have so many emotions when girls get the DG and when they don't!
    I can't wait till July!

I find myself repeating in my head "please God bless me with a baby girl"
    9 3

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Do you think in months leading up to your sway if you skip breakfast but then make up for it lol with lunch and dinner, it would just be pointless?

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi everyone. I'm new too and have just been reading up about girl sway for the past 2wks. I would really like to attempt in June 2013. I don't know if I should buy the plan. I will however buy the $12 membership and go from there. So much info out there. Some are pro for taking calcium and then yesterday I read on here that it's best not to take it....so confused. Would love to have a sway buddy.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for joining, so nice to see we are a gruoup now

1ABM: I think the purpose is to keep bloodsugar low for a long time. So skipping breakfast will keep your bloodsugar low. Eating a larger lunch dinner, especially with lots of protein and fat will keep bloodsugar high for longer. But if it is 3 months pluss til you are swaying, I think only skipping breakfast regardless of how much you have for dinner/lunch is good startegy. Then 3 months to TTC you can start loweing calories and lowering fat and protein.

Hopeful37: I think you have a good start, read a lot and then decide if you can make up plan for yourself or need to buy one. I am very satisfied abt letting Atomic decide the plan for me, and then you can ask tons of questions. I used to think same as you but as I have been reading a lot, I am confindent that letting go of calcium will not ruin my sway!
    You just need the time to let the information sink...you know what I mean...
    Of course I will be your sway buddy
    Happy mom of two beautiful boyz
    2007 2009

Prayed and Swayed 2013 (PP)
    My babygirl was born 19 april 2014

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Cauliflower View Post
    InshaAllahxx

Yes, I am a little worried about you honey! It is just too consuming!
    Now repeat that in your head: "what happens if you never get a boy?" Are you really going to be that miserable? does not anything mean nothing to you anymore, like healthy children, happy marriage?
    What will happen if you have a girl? yes, you will be happy about the gender, but it is another child. What if this child of yours does not fit into your expectations? I sadly dont have that mother daughter relationship everyone is talking about (maybe that is why my GD is not so strong, and I only want too proove that my MIL "curse" is wrong). That can happen! Rebellious teenage girls etc....

What if your third boy is unique, like wins a nobel prize in chemistry for instance, that solves all the hunger problems in the world and saves the world!!! Would you still think, I wish he was a girl rather than him!!! Imagine Einsteins mother swaying and then weeping over his birth bcz he was a boy!!!

I think that what I am trying to say is that yes, we are human therefore we have desires. But we are talking about not only giving birth to a boy or a girl but a unique person and personality!!! regardless of whats between their legs so cmon!!!

PS: I have not had tie to write PM to you sorry for that, and forgive me if I seem too harsh!

I'm not going to lie, I didn't answer this right away because my feelings were hurt a little.
    I think mostly because of the assumption made that having a girl is all I think about and consumes a lot of my time. I also was hurt by the assumption that I would not want or love a boy because of how strong my desire for a girls is.
    While this is my fault because of the post and how I wrote I don't feel I implied an of those things.

The post was to see if any other girls went back and forth about their thoughts on swaying when it's a far from our ttc date.

I do want to clear up a few things in my defense
    1. I don't think about it ALL DAY EVERYDAY but I do think about it at least once a day. When I pray I always thank God for my beautiful blessings that I have had already and will have but I do ask to be blessed with a daughter. I don't feel that this is consuming all my time because I'm already praying anyways. These thoughts do not distract me from my responsibilities, my happiness, or my love for my boys.

2. As I said I have already thought about it being boy and as I stated in my post, I'm still excited for this pregnancy because it will be my first planned pregnancy. I think that's super exciting. I never once said I would want to change him or regret him if he was a boy (in response to the 3rd paragraph). Actually I would be just the opposite. I would feel blessed and love him just the same. With DS2 I wanted a girl so bad and cried during the US. Yet I look at him now I know that he was what God meant for me. So this is how I know I would be equally excited for any child I'm bringing in to this life!

I said that post was to merely explain how my thoughts on swaying seem to be a roller coaster. Some times I'm sure the next will be a girl, others I know it will be a boy! Either this is my first planned pregnancy and I'm super happy and excited for it.

I'm very sorry for the misunderstanding and I hope you are no longer concerned because I reassure it consumes very little of my time but I do have many thoughts on it.
    9 3

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by 1adorablebabyboymom View Post
    Do you think in months leading up to your sway if you skip breakfast but then make up for it lol with lunch and dinner, it would just be pointless?
    I completely agree with Cauliflowers response to this one 100%

Also remember even some of the best strictest sways fail while some of the most relaxed sway have gotten their DG. Good luck and try not to stress. Plus you can always ask Atomic for advice!!!
    9 3

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by inshaallahxx View Post
    Is any one else as anxious as I am or on a roller coaster ride like I am.
    I seriously think about being pregnant, my (hopefully) future baby girl, and everything that goes with it EVERY DAY.

Some days I'm sure I will have a girl and feel confident about it. Some days I'm sure I will have another boy and I get so sad. Some days I feel like I don't care since I'm excited this is my first planned pregnancy. The other pregnancies were not planned and I was very upset at myself for getting pregnant so since is my first planned pregnancy I'm very anxious and excited for it. Some days I think I don't want to try again

I look at the ultra sound predictions and I have so many emotions when girls get the DG and when they don't!
    I can't wait till July!

I find myself repeating in my head "please God bless me with a baby girl"
    i know exactly how you feel hun very hard and it does become all consuming xx
    DS1 2009 DS2 2011

At around fifteen weeks sadly one of our babies became an angel fx for a healthy singleton!

*Update it's a girl! fx she'll make it!*

Thank you atomic praying our dream will come true

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopeful37 View Post
    Hi everyone. I'm new too and have just been reading up about girl sway for the past 2wks. I would really like to attempt in June 2013. I don't know if I should buy the plan. I will however buy the $12 membership and go from there. So much info out there. Some are pro for taking calcium and then yesterday I read on here that it's best not to take it....so confused. Would love to have a sway buddy.
    Yay I'm happy we have a group to. Love that I have sway buddies now! I'm not alone!
    I would start off by reading all of Atomic essays and the ttc libraries. Those were really helpful. I agree w/ Cauli, that is a great plan to buy the membership and go from there!!! If you get too stressed you can always buy the plan! I bought only because I do get stressed easily and I have a lot to take care of so I don't have time to do all the research.
    I also recommend looking at the complete pink sway statistic on here. They are super interesting.
    9 3

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi again,

I am really sorry if I hurt your feelings or offended you in any way!!! I was just trying to get you to think a little differently, it almost seemed like you were to anxious and that it was affecting you too much in you daily life...

I am so glad I was wrong My attempt of psychotherapy was not soo good...I am going to stop doing that...

Some confessions:
    - I think about it at least one time a day..
    - I am afraid I will never experience having a daughter.
    - I want that mother-daughter relationship with my daughter at least.
    - I want to buy pink stuff!

PS: My sister is pregnant and has one girl, i think she is expecting another girl, se does not know 100%. Se really wants a boy, so I give her this pep talk, just to prepare her...
    Please forgive me...as I thought of yo as my sister tooo

And may your and mine prayers be heard...
    Happy mom of two beautiful boyz
    2007 2009

Prayed and Swayed 2013 (PP)
    My babygirl was born 19 april 2014

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I know I just responded in PM but I also wanted to do here. This post made me smile and it's wonderful that you relate to me.
    Thank you for your honesty, whether it hurt my feelings I appreciate honesty and your concern for me.

I will be praying that each of us get what ever gender we wish for and most importantly healthy babies!!!
    9 3

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast