Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wth? My post didn't post.errrrrrrrrrrrrr
    Jan. 22 2008 7lbs 7oz Mar. 14 2011 6lbs 11ozs (my birthday gift &
    drug free water birth baby) Feb 2 2013 my surrogate bun 5 weeks 11/25/13.:9 weeks 5/9/14NOT giving up on my dream for

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Will post my plan so far tomorrow.so tired.night!
    drug free water birth baby) Feb 2 2013 my surrogate bun 5 weeks 11/25/13.:9 weeks 5/9/14NOT giving up on my dream for

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi! when I conceived all 3 I really wasn't tribg for a particular gender - I didn't know about swaying at all. What I can say is with my boy (5yrs ago), my diet was much better than with my girls. I know I ate a fair amt of dairy but I also ate grilled fish and lots of veggies/fruits. With my girls, I think I was pretty void of nutrients so I'm understanding the basis behind HE diet. This is what I don't get: you can get great nutrients but I believe you still have to be worried about pH. SO! I think what I'm going to do is start the HE diet. By the way, I don't want to gain weight either. I'm starting this at 125#. I don't think you're really supposed to gain a lit of weight though. Atomic writes that you should really only gain 3-5 (which I don't really like but I think that can be avoided too.) anyways....I'm going to go back to eatting a diet MUCH more well rounded like fish (I don't eat meat, poultry and heard to stay away from shellfish in any boy diet-HE included), veggies, fruits and try to get in tons if alkalizing fruits and veggies (potatoes too but not crazy overload) to tip the scales and avoid acidic stuff like the plague. No orange or cran juice or anything super girl for me. No girl supplements like vitex or B6 supplements.

I think pH needs to be important. The basis of HE is that the x sperm are hearty so we need to basically provide an environment to make the y sperm strong. If we weren't concerned about pH and only did the nutrients wouldn't that only make the x's stronger? Soooo....that's what I'm going to do.

I'm also going to continue with other known boy stuff like fish oil, flaxseed oil, and if EPO doesn't mess up this cycle continue with that too. I'm going to add in FertileCM which is also supposed to sway boy. All the above help create great cm and make ewcm more alkaline. The verdict is still out for me b/c this is the 1st month trying and I haven't ovulated yet or gotten ewcm.

I am also avoiding soda which will lower your pH and replacing it with 66-120 oz of LEMON water which I heard will raise pH. Either way, lots of water is great for anyone TTCing anyway.

What kind of digital pH monitor do u have? I just bought the Hannah but haven't calibrated or used it yet. I need to get on that do I'm ready when ewcm gets here. What is your monitor telling you your pH is...I know you say you're acidic.

Up until yesterday I was doing the IG diet until I heard bad things and thought about what I did with my son then decided on the above mentioned stuff. It seems like it makes a lot of sense - lets just hope it works. I really, really want a boy and am nervous as well. I would love a girl if she arrived-how could you not but I would also be equally sad if my son didn't have a brother. So I'm going to continue researching for tips and add them in as it makes sense.

I have heard that it can take 6-12 weeks for diet/supplements to make a difference so I need to start NOW in case I'm on the later side of things.

I stopped breastfeeding a few months ago and this is my 2nd cycle since Af arrived so we'll see how things have changed. I tend to ovulate later in the cycle than most and have a slightly shorter luteal cycle (10-11 days) but its always worked for me. I'm at the beginning if day 17 and no real ewcm yet so we will see!
    Last edited by Happylane; April 23rd, 2013 at 05:32 AM.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    i am taking pregna care conception (uk) folic acid and just started fish oil . i drink green tea 2-3 a day with fresh lemon slices in it I LOVE IT lol i crave it !!
    i am going to start wheatgrass maybe a pill or capsule form if i can find it , royal jelly bean and i plan on taking mucinex 4-5days before O.
    i never have ewcm so we will see if it changes that .
    i am going to stop smoking wich will probs make me snack more ! No more drinking i was drinking wine around the time i conceived my girls ! i think it dehydrates me and also cm ..
    gonna eat lots of fruits just because i never have before but i have always eaten loads of veg , think fruits help with Ph .
    i also never drink enough ever, hate water i only drink coffee so have cut right back 1-2a day instead of 11 lol
    With this hot weather every morning i plan to make a big 1.5L jug up of homemade icetea using green tea and lemon slices and drink it thru out the day .I will try to eat small amounts every hour or so ( fruits , cereal bars , boiled eggs , hummus with raw veg to dip , cherry tomatoes ...)
    we are dtd every 3days on average but at the moment we are using condoms just because i get pregnant very easily and i want to perfect my sway in time for july .
    DH is taking wellman conception (uk) he will have an energy drink 1hr before our attempt and we will abstain 4-5days before O to try and increase sperm count then we are just gonna go for it for 3-4days using pre seed .
    my girls we're conceived dtd only once at first +opk ! with my 1st dd i was bbt charting and i got my +opk the saturday mid afternoon didn't test again but my temp rise happened tuesday so a whole 3days ! wich might explain why she is a girl lol
    my 2nd dd was dtd everyday from af to next af lol but she was conceived bang on O day looking at my charts and U/s
    so that kinda sums up my plan
    Please feel free to pick and comment it i need all the help i can get !!
    2008 2010

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi ladies, awww naptime, thank you LORD!! Happy-my cycle is long too. usually 35 days and i don't O til around cd 22 ish. maybe having this last baby has changed that but we shall see!! ok, this is my plan so far....
    hormones:
    FUR-i have to take this because i get cysts if I don't!keeps my cycle regular.used to take Femaprin but now i know it sways pink!
    Supp-prenatal, 1000mg omega 3, garlic complex (has b6,b12 & fa),siberian ginseng, & wheat&barley grass supp.I may skip the prenatal & just take vit D,E,iron,zinc fa)not sure yet.don't want to be taking a MILLION pills!
    DH-fertilaid & ginseng-extra water with lemon, only one coffee a day.only Guinness if he NEEDS a beer.red bull an hour before attempts.release every 3 days.
    DIET: totally wean myself off coffee, drink 1 or 2 glasses of green tea per day.Lemon water, organic veggie juice, grapefruit juice (yuck). will do one ASG a night. going to do HE with added alkaline fruits & veggies that are high in potassium as well. going to make homeade granola bars with organic molasses,unsweetened apple sauce,apricots,sliced almonds & dates. maybe throw a little dark chocolate in there for a yum factor.eith
    Last edited by Leebug; April 23rd, 2013 at 03:29 PM.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    looks good to me aj!! although, for me i wouldn't drink that much green tea.too much of a good thing is NOT a good thing, kwim?

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    this sounds weird but i'm also going to wash body & hair with BS the week of O.washing your hair in BS feels soooo good. i tried it awhile back, its a little abrasive and felt AWESOME on my scalp.my hair was sooo shiny & soft after i used it!! also going to have BIG O at least once a day week of O and NOTHING in the VJ. No douche,no BSF nothing!! going to try and make ample EWCM.will test it though to see what the ph is.if it's too low, that plan might change!!

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    oh, duh. i'm going to take fertilecm so hopefully that will have a couple vitamins in it so i don't have to take so much!! also going to make guacamole for snack, i have a delish recipe if anyone wants it & celery or apples with peanut butter. unsweetened almond milk or oat milk.not sure which one yet.leaning toward almond. salads with ACV dressing,eggs,a little full fat dairy & beef.going to make a BIG pot of beef stew with loads of garlic,tomato paste(super high in K+),veggies,organic veggie broth.smoothies with organic oj,frozen pineapple chunks & bananas. that's it for now!!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Lee-you sound like you know what you're doing! Your diet looks awesome! Did you ever do the customized sway or dream member?? I woyld LOVE your gaucamole recipe!!!! Please and thank you! I need to find boy recipes!!!

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Happylane - First off before I forget this is the PH tester I have Hanna Instruments HI 99104 Economical pH tester:Amazon:Industrial & Scientific

I think it needs to be calibrated because everything keeps reading around 14 and 13. Tonight was the first time I actually tested hubbys sperm (with ph strips). And I was plesantly surprised! He was reading 9+. He has been doing everything I can think to ask. He has been taking a multi vitamin, folic acid and zinc. He has been drinking lemon water with dinner every night. No alcohol. Barely any coffee. I really bought the digital tester for myself. So I need to get it calibrated soon because AF is going to be over in a few days. I agree with you I think PH has to be important. I am extremely acidic to the point where I will bleach blank panties. When we got pregnant with DD we were barely having sex because he was away we got pregnant one day out of the whole month. His diet wasn't all that great and mine was alright. All I can remember from then is that I would only eat maybe twice a day. I was only 128 lbs (I am 5'8). This time around I am 136. I work out at least 3 days a week. 30 min of cardio and 10-15 of strength. Hubby doesn't eat any meat and I only eat fish so my diet seems like it was a lot like yours when you had DS1! Right now I am on a Multi and on top of that I am taking Magnesium, B-complex, zinc, folic acid, beta carotene, fish oil, borage oil, and flax seed oil. Have you heard of any of those swaying either way? Are you and DH going to actively try this cycle or is this your practice cycle to start tracking things and observing? My friend Karissa just found out she is having a boy (she didnt sway) but she was tracking her ovulation through checking her cervix and opk smileys. She said she had sex the day before +opk and the day of +opk and her cervix was high and soft.

DD 2007

Prayed & Swayed for a boy ...
    & it's a BOY!!!! Born May 23rd 2014

Psalm 37:4
    Take delight in the LORD, and he will give you the desires of your heart.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast