Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi jsophia and ivy! Welcome
    Mom of 2 boys K-11 and K-7 with due 2/11/17

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi I'm excited to join your group! Talked Dh into trying in July I'm going to try staring the diet in a couple weeks and than do the 60 min of exercise 6 weeks before ttc. We are going to try and do as strict of a sway as we can and dh is willing to help ( as long as he doesn't have to give up meat lol)

We are going to try and ttc a girl for our first kid. We are very nervous to start a family! Lol I'm excited to try though. Good luck to everyone ttc I hope you get your DG!

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi! I'm Kelley, super crunchy and super lucky Momma to two amazing boys.

When are you planning on trying? I'm really hoping to convince my husband to start to TTC this July/August/September (or through the autumn, too!) so that we can have a spring or summer babe. I can't believe it's coming up so soon!

Have you started to sway yet? I would love to have a little girl, so we'll be swaying pretty hard - exercise and diet for me - but I'm also "high risk" as I got really severe pre-e in my first pregnancy, so I'm going to be doing things like taking fish oil as well since I would rather have a healthy pregnancy and a boy than have an elevated chance of a repeat of pre-e and a potentially premature babe (although my little one who was born at 2 pounds is now an amazing, healthy, intelligent little boy - we're so lucky <3). As it turns out, though, some things that can help prevent pre-e are baby aspirin and exercise, so that's in our favor for sure!

Did you get a personalized plan or are you working on your own? I'm going to get a personalized plan for sure.

Which gender are you hoping for? Pink! Pink pink pink! Although now that a boy name has come to me if we got blue, I feel much better about the possibility of three little boys running around this house <3. Since this will be our last child, though, I would love to have the chance to have a girl - I've always wanted one.

Any concerns you have currently? Sway-wise, I'm worried because I'm pretty nutrition obsessed and can't really reconcile eating low quality food while getting my body ready for pregnancy - but I can totally reconcile just eating a low calorie diet. I'm worried about that affecting the sway, though!

Anything else you want to chat about? This is my big one. My husband really, really doesn't want another kid, and it is heartbreaking for me even to type that. I'm an only child and now wish so hard that I had siblings, and it's also a pretty decent time for me to have another baby with the way we parent and the investment that we put into our little ones. There's also a lot of choices we've made in DH's favor, things that I've put aside:

- We live in a small town without a major university. Since he's older than me, we decided to have kids early, and I put off finishing my degree when I thought I would have my Ph D by the time I was 30.
    - I'm an actress, and there isn't theatre here.
    - I'm fairly liberal and in a very conservative area, which can be its own challenge! We live here, though, because this is where DH's job is, and I don't think it's fair to ask him to give up all that he's achieved so that we can live somewhere else. They're not sacrifices that I make resentfully - they're just part of our partnership - but I would really like to at least decide how many children I have, since so many other things in my life have been pretty dramatically altered in favor of my partnership.

So. I am just hoping so, so, so hard that we can make this work. And, if we do, ladies, I cannot wait to be swaying with you all so soon!
    Last edited by Kelissi; April 4th, 2014 at 07:24 PM. Reason: Just formatting - getting used to these forums as opposed to others!

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Junie View Post

Any concerns you have currently?
    Right now both DH and I but much more DH feel pretty hesitant about a third. I know in the long run it is definitely what I want and that it would be a nice addition for the family but right now DH is totally against it thinking it would be too much work. I think it would initially be more work but that it would then settle down. I'm not sure how convincing DH is going to go though as right now he seems really against the idea... but a lot can change in a few months!
    We are in pretty much the exact same situation! I'm an only child and have always wanted at least three children - DH is convinced that he is Done, with a capital D. The thing is that right now I'm a 27 year old SAHM with our 5 and 3 year old, and so having a babe would be good timing for me before I'm really established in my career - I love being able to spend as much time as we need with new little ones!. DH is also quite a bit older than me, so we don't have a whole lot of time to wait. In addition, I want to be having a babe in the spring or summer, since my midwife is 1 1/2 hours away and we're in the Snow Belt - I don't want to have to worry about weather, and I do want to birth at a hospital since I'll be a VBA2C.

Anyway - I feel you. Right now I'm just working on getting my own body ready for pregnancy and hoping and trusting that he can see how important this is to me and get on board for starting TTC in July or August. Honestly, I don't even need him to be psyched about it - I just need him to be *okay* with it! It's pretty stressful at times, though, when I think that maybe he'll just never change. And that just makes me want to cry. And take a Xanax.

Holding out hope that both of our partners mindsets change, and that we can be TTC our pink together soon!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Kelissi! I totally know exactly where you are coming from. I'm also youngish (28) and really want to get done having kids, do the intensive taking care of little ones, and then move on to working a bit once they are school aged. That doesn't work though if I can't convince DH for 5 years LOL. Plus since I do most of the childcare (he is an active parent who loves his kids but he works a lot, and I am a SAHM) I feel that it really won't affect him all that much if we have a third. I'm just going to gradually start changing my diet and exercise and keep bringing the topic up every once in awhile without pushing it. I know he is not totally against a third so I just need to get him to the- OK we can try point. Like you I don't need him to be excited about it- he has always been happy with the end result
    Enjoying life with my crazy little DS1 2010: and DS2 2012:
    Jan 15- Loss sway baby 12 wks
    It's a boy!
    My Chart

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Ladies! I originally joined the April - June thread, but I think we will be putting off our first attempt until July so I figured I'd come over and introduce myself over here as well!

When are you planning on trying? I'd really like a March, April, or May baby. I'm set to ovulate (unless LE screws my cycles up!) the first week of June and the first week of July. We will attempt the first week of July unless my ovulation in June moves (in which case we will attempt in June).

Have you started to sway yet? Yes! I started the LE diet on April 1st. I might add in exercise when we get closer but there is NO WAY I could exercise 6 days a week for the next 3 months.

Did you get a personalized plan or are you working on your own? yes

Which gender are you hoping for? Pink. Right now I actually love the idea of 2 boys, but I'm scared of GD and I think my GD will be worse if I don't try to sway a little bit.

Any concerns you have currently? I'm usually a very healthy paleo style eater so I do worry about this diet causing miscarriages and/or producing a baby that is less healthy. I'll definitely be going right back to paleo as soon as I get my bfp! I'm also still torn on whether to exercise. I really really hate it, but it's been getting great results! I'm worried I'll start it and then not do enough of it and it will end up swaying blue.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi bluebonnet 22! I wouldn't worry too much about the miscarriage/ less healthy thing as you can still eat healthy food even doing the diet. I'm sure you will end up having a great sway!
    Enjoying life with my crazy little DS1 2010: and DS2 2012:
    Jan 15- Loss sway baby 12 wks
    It's a boy!
    My Chart

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi all!
    I might have to join two groups as my hubby wants to try now, and I want to wait till July, ha ha.....

I have started to sway as of January, but I am going more strictly at it now than before.

I am hoping to sway for a boy (hubby doesn't care what the gender is) to balance out the family.

The major concern I have is I don't drink or eat dairy. I can't digest it well at all......

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Junie!

Red - I wouldn't worry about the dairy, I definitely think you can sway heavily blue without it.

My DS caught a bad cold and has passed it along to me. I'm bummed we aren't attempting this month because it seems being sick sways pink! I guess I'll just have to hope I get another cold before our attempt in July, ha!

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm so happy - DH and I actually had a conversation about having baby three without it ending up in tears or passive aggressive-ness! Is passive aggressive-ness a term?

We've been talking (read: fighting) about having a third child for a year, easily. Last night talked a lot about the future, and I realized that his worry is my feeling like I'm wasting time since we live somewhere without a lot of options for me. When I said that my priorities are shifting, though, and that I don't think birthing and raising another child would be a waste of time at all, he actually seemed receptive. This is a huge shift and gives me such hope that this is actually going to happen!

I also think he's worried about our problem-solving ability as a couple and that if we have another baby and it's difficult we'll be stuck and unhappy. That also makes me feel good to realize - that it's not necessarily our having a baby that is upsetting to him, but our being able to make sure we're solving problems well together that he needs to be sure of before we bring a new little life into the world. Sounds about right to me, actually!

All in all, I'm a happy girl, even though DS2 woke me up in between sleep cycles at 4:30 this morning and I couldn't get back to sleep. So, I'm using a little extra time to watch a little bit of RuPaul's Drag Race before I'm joined by kiddoes for the day .
    Momma of two outstanding boys, actress, doula, activist, chaser of chickens, lover of all things glittery, capable of being lost anywhere but especially in a book.
    Loving mothering my littles :
    Our Prince of Don (9/08) and Rider of Rohan (2/11)
    Hoping for a new little love to complete our family in spring/summer 2015.
    Starting TTC in October 2014. Pleeeeeease, !
    Gentle birth does not have to mean natural birth. Ask me about family centered cesarean!

Page 3 of 68 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast