Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've been dieting for about a month now. Not strictly as that's not my style at all but also b/c I'm trying to ease into it since it's totally opposite from the way I used to eat (typical boy mom diet!). I haven't gone fully vegetarian and I'm not sure I will. I am trying to cut back on red meat though. I didn't think I ate a lot of it but I kind of do. Last night we had slowcooker roast beef (so so good!) and I just tried to have a smaller portion of meat but I didn't weigh it or anything. Low carb veggies don't have to be counted though so I had a pile of roasted asparagus

Alcohol does have to be counted unfortunately, haha. But, again, I kind of use it as a third meal in the evening. I really don't enjoy having it with dinner.

I haven't started any supplements yet although I do plan on picking up some folic acid. I was thinking about fiber supps but I'm waiting to see what Atomic says in my personalized plan.
    Mama to four sweet boys
    January 2017

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh gosh, a month!? My goal has been to ease into it too, but thus far that has just been skipping breakfast (which isn't unusual for me, but it makes me feel like I'm getting the ball rolling hehehe).

I started the folic acid but haven't started the fiber yet... I think after DH's dr appointment I will get the feeling of "sh** just got real" and have to buckle down. I got nervous when we first decided to sway and bought cranberry, saw palmetto, rePhresh (x2), spearmint leaf caps, a bbt thermometer and about 200 ovulation strips... ANYTHING besides starting to exercise! I do plan to use some sort of antihistamine bc I worry about cm...

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well the big things for me were skipping breakfast and the no snacking thing. So I've cut out breakfast (except for a coffee with a little creamer) and no snacking. I haven't really been strict on limits yet but I've tracked a few days so I know I'm pretty consistently at or around 1500 calories per day. I'm struggling a little with the fat limits which surprised me.

Ya know, I was really worried about CM at the beginning too b/c I always have a LOT around ovulation but after just a month of loosely followed diet, I've noticed a HUGE change in my CM this month. This is my normal ovulation day and I've been quite dry when I'm typically seeing lots of EQCM. Antihistamines haven't been getting good results and are generally the first thing people drop it seems. I planned on using them too but seeing my CM (or lack thereof) this week has changed my mind on that.

Are you drinking coffee? I added in 2 large cups per day. I didn't drink it at all when I conceived my boys so I feel like it's good to add for me.
    Mama to four sweet boys
    January 2017

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I downloaded the myfitnesspal app, aaaaaand that's as far as I've gotten LOL, haven't even OPENED the app yet! Im really impressed that the diet has helped cm, I usually have a lot too.

I haven't started the coffee yet, I drink a TON of Diet Dr. Pepper but I plan to start coffee soon - which will suck during the summer, so iced coffee

Honestly, it's been so long since I was pregnant I really don't remember what I was eating/drinking/doing back then! I've really been trying so I could do the opposite, but I can hardly remember what I did last week let alone a dozen years ago

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I downloaded the myfitnesspal app earlier this week; it has been eye opening to see how many calories I actually consume on a day to day bases.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Beau, I struggled majorly with keeping fat low. It is by far the hardest part of the LE for me. I used to eat SO much fat. For me it helped to know that keeping fat, especially saturated fat, low is the single most important dietary factor other than maybe overall low cals. I buckled down and once I got into the habit of eating differently I found it manageable.

I will probably still be swaying up until July. I've been taking sway & TTC breaks the past 2 years but I'll be 35 next month so no more of that.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh I didn't know that Maiden! I will definitely keep a closer eye on fat then. I didn't realize I ate so much fat either. My cals have been low enough but I think I'm pretty consistently over on fat. Blergh.
    Mama to four sweet boys
    January 2017

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Beau82 View Post
    Oh I didn't know that Maiden! I will definitely keep a closer eye on fat then. I didn't realize I ate so much fat either. My cals have been low enough but I think I'm pretty consistently over on fat. Blergh.
    You realize you have up to 60 g fat and still in LE Diet range though, right?

A lot of people say that and then I hear they were worried because they ate more than 10 g fat. NOT ENOUGH

30 g fat is minimum. I used to say 25 but that did not seem to be enough. People stop ovulating on anything below 30, it seems, even when getting enough pro and cals
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

9. Thanks jsophia922 thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You don't have to exercise if you don't want to. I didn't (couldn't, didn't have time) and still got DD.

NO need to make two dinners, the LE Diet when done properly involves lots of real food and not rice cakes and cranberries. I just made a normal dinner for everyone, and then I'd have everything but meat. Worked very well and no one ever even noticed anything any different.

You can have chocolate, cookies, icecream as a part of overall diet limits. The reason why this diet works for people (even just for weight loss, as many of us have used it for that even when not swaying) is that you keep eating things you like for the most part and so you don't feel as deprived.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

11. Thanks jsophia922 thanked for this post
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I really need to be more consistent with tracking on MFP. I did a couple of days here and there and went over. Mind you, that was around Valentine's Day when I had a lot of homemade (loads of butter) cookies and chocolate around. Maybe it was just those days that I went over. I'm going to say this here b/c I think it may help:

I WILL track every day this week so I can see what an average, full week looks like for me. I have a kitchen scale so I should use that more to see exactly how much I'm eating instead of just guesstimating.

afrevert23 - I was shocked too when I realized how many calories I was consuming with all of my snacking. The handful of peanuts I would have a few times per day was 330 cals EACH TIME! I was easily eating 1000 calories per day in peanuts alone.
    Mama to four sweet boys
    January 2017

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast