Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I used to eat 1/2 - 1 lb of butter each week, and at least 100g fat daily. Swaying is the only time I've ever reduced fat in my life. It is a really huge change for me.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

2. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The elliptical is in the house!!! LOL, and for today, that will count as exercise

Is anyone using a fitbit or jawbone to track nutrition and workouts?

4. Likes atomic sagebrush, jsophia922 liked this post
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ugh, over fat by 11g and forgot to include the chocolate chip cookie I had. Still have some work ahead of me!
    Pretty- I just use My Fitness Pal to track exercise.
    Mama to four sweet boys
    January 2017

6. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Beau82 View Post
    Ugh, over fat by 11g and forgot to include the chocolate chip cookie I had. Still have some work ahead of me!
    Pretty- I just use My Fitness Pal to track exercise.
    You know not to count fat in fruit and vegetables, right?? (including potatoes)

As long as you're eating less fat than you WERE, it's all good and try not to beat yourself up. It's a process that takes a couple weeks to settle into before you really get the swing of it and that is ok to have a bad day now and then.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

8. Likes Pretty liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Beau82 View Post
    I really need to be more consistent with tracking on MFP. I did a couple of days here and there and went over. Mind you, that was around Valentine's Day when I had a lot of homemade (loads of butter) cookies and chocolate around. Maybe it was just those days that I went over. I'm going to say this here b/c I think it may help:

I WILL track every day this week so I can see what an average, full week looks like for me. I have a kitchen scale so I should use that more to see exactly how much I'm eating instead of just guesstimating.

afrevert23 - I was shocked too when I realized how many calories I was consuming with all of my snacking. The handful of peanuts I would have a few times per day was 330 cals EACH TIME! I was easily eating 1000 calories per day in peanuts alone.

and someone was just asking me "why can't I just eat less"?? The LE Diet CANNOT be people just "eating less" because many of us boy moms are snackers who probably eat 3000 cals a day or more (I do and I'm on the smaller side) So we try to "eat less" without realizing that yeah maybe we cut 200 cals but are still way outside of LE Diet range. Just track for a couple weeks and then you'll have a much better feel for it and can let the tracking aspect fall by the wayside at that point.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

10. Likes essnce629, maidentomother liked this post
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    You know not to count fat in fruit and vegetables, right?? (including potatoes)
    I didn't know that actually. That's good to know, I love potatoes and sweet potatoes. Unfortunately, yesterday was just bad and the only fruit I had was a banana, no veggies at all. The croissant with 14g of fat did not help. I also had a little too much cheese which accounted for 20g of fat So cutting those two things out alone would have put me well under my limit. I knew the cheese was too much, I just got carried away as it was late in the day and I was really hungry.
    I do think I've generally lowered my fat intake since last year though. Snacking on almonds and peanuts really made that high.
    Mama to four sweet boys
    January 2017

12. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Keep in mind that the type of fats really matter too. The fats from almonds & peanuts are significantly more pink friendly than from dairy, so you may want to eat more of those and less croissant/cheese.

My Ovulation Chart

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

14. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Me! DH just got a vaso vasectomy last wednesday. He has 3 sons from previous marriage I have zero.
    He knows about swaying not that I kinda started already and waiting for my personal plan.
    Would like to try and get pregnant asap. Not sure if the end of April would be good at 9 weeks diet or rather wait for May or june.... 18 May het will have his frist sperm count. ....
    TTC a girl.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk

16. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by maidentomother View Post
    Keep in mind that the type of fats really matter too. The fats from almonds & peanuts are significantly more pink friendly than from dairy, so you may want to eat more of those and less croissant/cheese.
    Really? I thought nuts should be avoided. Atomic recommended the PCOS diet for me and I'm supposed to have full-fat dairy occasionally. Are nuts still ok now and then? I do miss them! I'm struggling a bit with all the ins and outs and differences between LE and PCOS.
    Mama to four sweet boys
    January 2017

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My comment applies more to standard LE, as PCOS version has both more fat and more fat from animal sources. I do think it's still good to increase pink friendly fats & decrease blue friendly ones, but perhaps not to the same extent? I've read conflicting recommendations on what's best for PCOS ladies dietwise (in general, not on this site), so maybe atomic can weigh in?

I didn't realise you were doing the PCOS version, lucky you! I'd love to have the extra fat, more chicken etc. But I am the opposite of PCOS, basically. Except I still O late and have a short LP.

My Ovulation Chart

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast